• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Name That Disc!

Colder. Or warmer, depends on how you are guessing. :| but keep guessing.

I feel like this is devolving into one of those..."Found a disc at such and such name and color and its yours again" threads we have on the local FB group...

As close as we have been. The disc in the picture was OOP'ed when it was replaced with the MRX.

Basically it went (picture disc) -> MRX -> Wasp. The disc in the picture was Discraft's first serious try at a Roc.

So I've totally given it away to anybody who threw Discraft in the 90's, but somebody needs to guess this sucker!

Where did Disc Golf Sweden go? I was going to send people there to look, but the site is gone. :(

Out. Just get out. :|

Lol. I really have no idea about most older discs, other than names or the few I have seen people throw. I keep trying to remember a disc, a guy I know throws, that looks similar to that one, if you're only looking at only the bottom. It had that gnarly "bead" but I think his was a driver of some sort. X2 maybe?.. or is that one of the nose bead discs they used to make?

#memoryproblems

Last edited:
I am going with a Hawk...............maybe a vortex.
PICK ONE!!!

Alright, I'll give that one to you.

picture.php

Last edited:
Lol.....I really was leaning toward the Hawk. Great pick and clues. You are an old geezer, man.
Here is the fun part. The previous disc was a Yao, so I decided to go to inbounds and see what old OOP disc I could find that would be as close to a Yao as possible. Check out the numbers:

picture.php

Hawk is a Shark copy, BTW. Even has the same notch around the wing like a Shark does.

Nope those were like a XL that had a bead on the bottom. If you mean the one From Lighting and not the DGA #2 Flyer.
The #2 Flyer is the B-2 Stealth. The first thing you are going to notice on that disc is that it has a 22.4 cm diameter. It's a huge discs compared to modern discs. The wing isn't really anything like an XL wing. It looks design-wise kinda like a Viper wing in general, it's a lot more concave than an XL wing. And it doesn't have a bead. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. :|

The #2 Flyer is the B-2 Stealth. The first thing you are going to notice on that disc is that it has a 22.4 cm diameter. It's a huge discs compared to modern discs. The wing isn't really anything like an XL wing. It looks design-wise kinda like a Viper wing in general, it's a lot more concave than an XL wing. And it doesn't have a bead. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. :|

Sorry I mixed up #2 Driver and Flyer. I realised that now. At one point well before Lightning changed the name of the disc, DGA had a #2 flyer, named that in the Kittyhawk series.

Last edited:
Sorry I mixed up #2 Driver and Flyer. I realised that now. At one point well before Lightning changed the name of the disc, DGA had a #2 flyer, named that in the Kittyhawk series.
The DGA disc was the #2 Professional Driver, which was one of the early 90's (waaayyy after the Kitty Hawk) Innova mix 'n match discs that were run and sold by DGA. I never had any and don't remember much about them, but they were things like a Stingray bevel on a San Marino Roc top. I couldn't say for sure what the #2 combination was, but it was something like that. Pre-Aurora MS goodness.

The #2 Driver was the F-15 Eagle. I can talk about it all day, great disc. It was really the first successful smallish diameter/big wing disc (although by today's standards it has neither.) Not really a driver because it has a mid-ish top, but it was a really, really nice golf disc back in the day. I still have no idea what about it made you think of an XL, though. I mean I suppose in basic wing design they are kinda/sorta the same concept, but so are like 100 other discs.

Latest posts