• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Nate Doss Special Edition Challenger

Sorry but I can't see spending $20 on any d plastic disc. Maybe in a couple years when they are hard to find but this sounds like a rip off too me. Because if you like them your gonna have to stock up and spend 200 because they will beat in so fast.

Sorry but I can't see spending $20 on any d plastic disc. Maybe in a couple years when they are hard to find but this sounds like a rip off too me. Because if you like them your gonna have to stock up and spend 200 because they will beat in so fast.

I guess you don't understand the beauty of a beat up base plastic disc.

this kind of D doesn't break in super easy... and besides. Its for putters, not drivers.

I use my putters for everything not just putting. I currently throw ol magnets from the late 90's early 2000's that are stiff as a board. But I've never paid $20 for one.

Received mine in the mail today. I have a bunch of different putters but my first Challenger. It is firm but not as much as I thought, the plastic feels good.
Have a basket in the yard so have got some throws in today, I really like this putter. It's been good to me, made several long putts with it which gives me a lot of confidence in it.
Hope to get a round in early tomorrow, looking forward to seeing how it performs.

Got my 2 Doss challengers in the mail today. First off, I found it funny that I have received many shipments from DGCR folks that were packaged more professionally. Doss may want to try and snazz up his shipping operation to gain some legitimacy.

On the actual disc, I like it. It flies like a slightly worn pro-d challenger. It is firm but not gateway firm with good grip. I thought it would be very overstable because it has a slight puddle top, but it pleasantly held a line. Overall though, 20 bucks for this is probably a stretch. Better than a pro-d challenger? Probably. $13 better? Probably not.

One area that really surprised me was the grip when the disc was wet. The grip actually seemed to get better with moisture. I know, very strange, but I made more putts with it wet than dry. This quality may be the x factor that makes them worthwhile. I can imagine a good rain putter would be invaluable to the tourney regular that needs to perform in any condition. Me, well I stay inside when it rains so this feature won't come into play often.

I really want one, but damn, $20 for a d putter, dunno.

It's the most used disc in your bag, I'm sure you'll get your money's worth.

As for them being $13 better than a normal run D Challeneger, that's not the point. The point is to help a good guy out and show him some support. Plus, these will probably sell for $50 a piece in a year or so...just like the CT Challengers.

Its a nice disc. I got one to support Nate and to throw in the collection.

If you don't want to spend the extra couple bucks, go buy a stock Challenger? Not all that difficult.