• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need a Neutral Driver.......Your votes needed!

What Neutral Driver should I try?

• Discmania C TD

Votes: 14 11.7%
  • Discmania S CD

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Discraft Surge SS

Votes: 16 13.3%
  • Innova Viking

Votes: 19 15.8%
  • Innova Krait

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • Latitude Flow

Votes: 17 14.2%
  • Latitude Riot

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Vibram Lace

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Other

Votes: 52 43.3%

• Total voters
Viking. Seasoned champ 168g to be exact.

SP Rouge is the straightest driver I have ever tried. My main driver is a beat to hell non-plus mold champTL. Perfect for you and far less trendy than that euro swill.

TL's are pretty good for this. Maybe try a lighter one?

The Sword sounds pretty much what you're looking for. Maybe a SOLS, beat Wraith, P-PD etc to throw out some choices.

Saint it is. I'm having trouble finding a pink/magenta (I'm moving towards an all pink bag) one online anywhere online other than Marshall Street. Any suggestions?

There is a hot pink/magenta GL color from the early GL Saints, and Opto comes in that opaque bubblegum color, which is about my favorite looking disc. Finding one is another thing entirely.

Community Discs has a 168 GL in Magenta (color shift), but that might be a bit light. The only GL I can attest to is my 173g.

I agree the Saint fits as well, However I would also suggest a Glow Stalker. Glow is the most neutral of all the Stalker runs and if you go a tad lighter you need no break in time.

I bought a 168g Champion Roadrunner for rollers mostly awhile back and used it for such. Since then I've had to take up throwing with my off(left) arm. The Roadrunner has become my distance flip hyzer dead straight disc throwing lefty. Amazing amount of glide and only a speed 9(smaller rim), yet carries for a very long way. Granted you will HAVE to throw it with considerable hyzer or it will never stop turning. I've heard good things about Sidewinders as well. Seems like everybody has one 'round here.

The only disc I see on your list I actually have real experience with is the Krait. It is a long straight flyer with a ton of glide, perfect for long, low, straight shots.

If your Saint doesn't work out I suggest you try it.

My suggestions would be a C-TD, Pro Starfire (SL), or Z-Surge SS. Can't really go wrong with any of those and I would describe them all as a longer/faster TL. Also a P-PD fills this role once it beats into its sweet spot, which doesn't take long (the P plastic that mine came in was not so great and it beat in fast). Out of the box a Z Surge SS is a really sweet disc, but it became too flippy and unpredictable faster than any other candy plastic disc I've thrown. Hmm, yeah, I'd go with a C-TD. I don't think it's quite as understable as a TL, but it can go very straight or have a tight S pattern.

Last edited:
I'd suggest a surge, idk about surge ss. The surge ss is like a beat surge which is like a beat wraith.

You could get a rogue, which is in between a surge and a surge ss.

I love the surge, has a little bit of HSS but a predictable fade. IF you wanted something for super straight shots, maybe try a saint?

This was a tough one for me, mostly because I don't know your throwing style, experience level, etc. I think the Lace is a great choice, but it is a serious "boomstick" as advertised, and I think you'd find yourself possibly overshooting the pin, especially if you're getting your Teebizzle out that far. It also does need a little room to maneuver, but can excel at all sorts of lines.

So for that reason, I went with a nice heavy Champion Krait. I love Kraits, and, incedentally, so does World Champion Paul McBeth! So that's got to count for something. It does have a little turn, especially at your power level, but is easily manageable. It also has a decent amount of fade, but it is gentle and forward penetrating, so one again: easily manageable.

But the best advice I could give is find some buddies who throw what you're looking to check out and try them. Sometimes what you think may not work turns out to be your money disc.

This was a tough one for me, mostly because I don't know your throwing style, experience level, etc. I think the Lace is a great choice, but it is a serious "boomstick" as advertised, and I think you'd find yourself possibly overshooting the pin, especially if you're getting your Teebizzle out that far. It also does need a little room to maneuver, but can excel at all sorts of lines.

So for that reason, I went with a nice heavy Champion Krait. I love Kraits, and, incedentally, so does World Champion Paul McBeth! So that's got to count for something. It does have a little turn, especially at your power level, but is easily manageable. It also has a decent amount of fade, but it is gentle and forward penetrating, so one again: easily manageable.

But the best advice I could give is find some buddies who throw what you're looking to check out and try them. Sometimes what you think may not work turns out to be your money disc.

I did not find the Krait how you described. Mine had no turn in it and it faded hard left and just died. I'm sure McBeth can chuck that thing for miles, but it felt like I needed to be a world champ to throw this thing up to its potential. I was getting much straighter and further lines with discs more in my power range like Teebirds, PDs and the like. My estimate would be that you would need to average around 400' or more with it to get it to fly as intended.