• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need a Tunnel Mid

The EO2013 Atlas is actually a nice disc and handled winds well until it got bent. The rivets didn't bother me once i gripped from a place on the disc where i had no rivet to finger contact. Which might be harder to achieve with all grips with large hands.

PS i have 10 unread PMs in the mail i expect them each to be from Bents about WW2 :-D

JR said:
The EO2013 Atlas is actually a nice disc and handled winds well until it got bent. The rivets didn't bother me once i gripped from a place on the disc where i had no rivet to finger contact. Which might be harder to achieve with all grips with large hands.

PS i have 10 unread PMs in the mail i expect them each to be from Bents about WW2 :-D

Now 11, LOL. Read them in their entirety, when you have time. Sorry for the amount, but I'm sending them as I think of things. Only the tip of the iceberg...

BentElbow11 said:
Doesn't the Atlas have that strange version of an overmold that uses funky plastic rivets underneath? It looks toy. I actually held one, and no thanks!...if I'm thinking of the same disc.

Yea this is what u r thinking bout, I haven't tried it but a few ppl I know are loving how it flies, so might b worth a try.

They are definitely worth a try. Innova has had a agreat time this year challenging Discraft for quality of mids with many great new discs and a good start last year. Last year there were King Cobras and Super Stingrays now Shark3, Roc3(well not too far from old Rocs but in champion), i assume the Mako3 is fine and the Atlas. When new the Atlas handled headwinds great without a lot of fade. So i had definitely forgotten that disc from the list of nuttable head high or lower no fade discs with security against user error although it is not as HSS as a Z Buzz flat top. It is still a very viable option and fades later and less so it makes a genuine charge at the top position for a tunnel mid and you owe it to yourself to try it for that and the wind neutrality in moderate winds. Plus it is fairly tacky in the overmold so the fingers under the disc on the rim have a good grip despite the semi plus configuration. Too bad the thumb lies on slippery surface so there is the major drawback. It is pretty long and IIRC a few feet longer on average than the Z Buzz. So not major improvements in glide but some especially toward the ned thanks to the later onset of fade. Power requirement might be a fraction lower than the Buzz too but not majorly so.

JR said:
They are definitely worth a try. Innova has had a agreat time this year challenging Discraft for quality of mids with many great new discs and a good start last year. Last year there were King Cobras and Super Stingrays now Shark3, Roc3(well not too far from old Rocs but in champion), i assume the Mako3 is fine and the Atlas. When new the Atlas handled headwinds great without a lot of fade. So i had definitely forgotten that disc from the list of nuttable head high or lower no fade discs with security against user error although it is not as HSS as a Z Buzz flat top. It is still a very viable option and fades later and less so it makes a genuine charge at the top position for a tunnel mid and you owe it to yourself to try it for that and the wind neutrality in moderate winds. Plus it is fairly tacky in the overmold so the fingers under the disc on the rim have a good grip despite the semi plus configuration. Too bad the thumb lies on slippery surface so there is the major drawback. It is pretty long and IIRC a few feet longer on average than the Z Buzz. So not major improvements in glide but some especially toward the ned thanks to the later onset of fade. Power requirement might be a fraction lower than the Buzz too but not majorly so.

Kind of makes you question the theory that the majority of pros cycle discs only because they are limited to one company. McBeth cycles Rocs but has access to a huge variety of high quality mids.

Has it gotten so loose that they can cross brands from their sponsor in tourney play? Hadn't heard that...

BentElbow11 said:
PMantle: what midrange discs are you throwing(in your bag) currently? You mentioned the Fugitive, how do you like it and what does it compare to? Maybe the Warship? Similar stability rating and the same slightly larger 1.4cm rim width makes me wonder if it isn't a tweaked Warship. Or maybe a Core?

I've been able to whittle it down to a Proton Axis and Proton Tangent, both will hold any line, although the Axis has a small amount of fade where the Tangent has none. No need for an overstable "wind" midrange any more, they both hold up well in windy conditions...for anything but full drives anyway.

I really like Dynamic Discs lineup, they're going about it right. The Renegade is superior to what Lat 64 and Westside have for that slot(Flow and Sword), IMO. If I didn't really like my Opto Saint(s), I'm sure I'd have an Escape in the bag too.
I somehow missed this. My mid slots are in flux right now as I try new things. The one that never leaves is Meteor. There is nothing like it. I also carry an overstable mid. S-Sentinel has had most time there. Love that disc. I own a bunch of mids. Right now in my bag are L-Suspect, Bio-Truth, Classic Fugitive, and ESP Meteor. Pure gets most of my short approaches.

Hope to get more time with my Axis and Vector. I have a Z-Buzzz I can always toss in. Lost my Zone last week.

PMantle said:
BentElbow11 said:
PMantle: what midrange discs are you throwing(in your bag) currently? You mentioned the Fugitive, how do you like it and what does it compare to? Maybe the Warship? Similar stability rating and the same slightly larger 1.4cm rim width makes me wonder if it isn't a tweaked Warship. Or maybe a Core?

I've been able to whittle it down to a Proton Axis and Proton Tangent, both will hold any line, although the Axis has a small amount of fade where the Tangent has none. No need for an overstable "wind" midrange any more, they both hold up well in windy conditions...for anything but full drives anyway.

I really like Dynamic Discs lineup, they're going about it right. The Renegade is superior to what Lat 64 and Westside have for that slot(Flow and Sword), IMO. If I didn't really like my Opto Saint(s), I'm sure I'd have an Escape in the bag too.
I somehow missed this. My mid slots are in flux right now as I try new things. The one that never leaves is Meteor. There is nothing like it. I also carry an overstable mid. S-Sentinel has had most time there. Love that disc. I own a bunch of mids. Right now in my bag are L-Suspect, Bio-Truth, Classic Fugitive, and ESP Meteor. Pure gets most of my short approaches.

Hope to get more time with my Axis and Vector. I have a Z-Buzzz I can always toss in. Lost my Zone last week.

Okay, and excellent choice with Pure for shorter approaches, IMO. If not for my Proton Anode, I'd be using an Opto Pure for short approach.

So, I found a used, but not beaten Pro D Buzzz last weekend. No name. Threw it just to see. Wow, more understable than my Meteor. Can someone teach me about the differences bewteen the flights of the plastics in the Buzzz? My Z is flatter than a pancake and somewhat Wasp-like. How is X? Esp?

X has dome and is more understable than Z flipping some at say 330'-360' driver power and ESPs have been flat and dome with the flat flying like Zs and domey ones in between the X and the Z closer to the X.

PMantle: Like JR says, X tend to be domey. I liked my X Buzzz best of all, ESP least of all. Finally settled on a flat pearly Z for durability. But not in the bag anymore, Axis took over that spot.