• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need tips for improvement

RedWingsZL1

I've watched about every video out there that I can find about how to improve distance/accuracy on my drives. On my local course that I play a lot I'm noticing I can't even drive out past 200' usually.

However, I usually still manage par from a strong upshot (from a stand-still usually) and what I've turned into a strong putting game recently.

Not able to put any videos up, but if it helps, my oldest disc I have in my bag is my 175g Star Valk that today I was throwing it was never coming back, just kept turning left (LHBH). It barely faded back.

I'm thinking of going out and trying to play the course with no run-up and just using my KC Aviar's. Is this a good idea?

Field practice with them would yield quicker results.

I agree field practice will help out faster. Focus on your grip and pull through first, you may not be accelerating through the release with a run up. Try slow walk up x-steps until you muscle memory allows for the run up.

Not to hijack the thread but i was wondering what discs are good for feild work. Discs, weight and plastic.
I have a 169 x comet and am planning on buying 3-4 more but i would like to find a few more and just set up a feild work bag.

Field work

I planned on doing this. I ordered 4x 180g Roc3's hopefully they pan out and work the way I want them to. The disc that has been go-to for me has been my KC Pro Roc so hopefully I like these too.

Going out to the course today and going to practice off a down-hill hole to work on keeping my nose angle down as my friend who i play with says thats where I'm losing alot of distance. Also going to try to get a good forehand shot going as I absolutely can't throw that.

I like an assortment of Zeppelins, Wizards, Comets, Rocs, XLs, and Cannons for my field practice. I know a lot of people are going to say don't bring Cannons, but at some point you'll want to throw high speed stuff, so you need to be comfortable with them. Just make sure you throw them with the same form as everything else, or you'll jack your throw.

That last part is a solid argument for leaving them at home ...

Edit: Cannons won't fly right until you're getting 300+ from XLs.

Edit #2: There are lots of discs that are interchangeable with those. In particular, XLs and Leos would interchange.

Last edited:
Not to hijack the thread but i was wondering what discs are good for field work. Discs, weight and plastic.

Putters are good for me (I got a good deal on 5 kc aviars) because it's less walking. I don't learn more from practicing with midranges.

edit: that is, learn more about footwork and such. Obviously I learn about what my midranges do.

Latest posts