• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Never putting my phone number on a disc again...

WillACarpenter

* Ace Member *
To date, between my father and I we've lost 5 discs. We've never gotten one back, and two of those ended up in deep water. 1 was left behind, one in some deep weeds and stuff (disc was so beat we gave up after a while) and the other...who the heck knows what happened to it.

We hardly ever lose a disc, and I'm quickly becoming a fan of the "if I can't find it, you keep it" mentality.

At Morley Field they give you a marker and make you put your name and number on it right there. Which I found HILARIOUS because I have no idea where you could even POSSIBLY lose a disc there...in one of the 5 tall trees? Not knocking the course...but they had a lost disc bin with over 100 discs in it...wtf people?

So the reason I'm DONE with it is that I had just left MCC the other day and I get a phone call about a disc I'd lost. The guy had blocked the number (there's some * and two digit number thing that will make the call as a private number) and he just taunted me that he had found my disc. I looked through my bag...and it wasn't one of the discs I'd just played that course with...it was one I'd lost MONTHS ago. The "who the heck knows" mentioned above. I was nearby still so we drove by...nobody there.

So I don't ever get discs back...and the one time somebody f'ing calls me it's to taunt me about it? Screw it. I'd rather some random douche DOESN'T have my phone number. Plus all the courses are pretty far away from my house, I'm not going to drive out just to get a disc or anything.

You guys keep doing whatever makes you happy, and I'll keep calling numbers on discs when I find them...found two in the past month and returned them. But I'm just putting my silver W on them to signify they're mine. If I lose one and you happen to see the W...just don't call me to rub it in okay?

\/\/

i feel ya, but no call's better than the one i got. on my voicemail, "dude, i found your cheetah, boy does it fly sweeeet, thanks, click." my phone wasn't on at the time, so no caller ID for me.

that was the last time i put my phone # on a disc :(

I called the number on the back when I found a disc infront of you. There are some people who return discs. I personally think you are more likely to have a disc returned at Basil than MCC because their is slightly more club play and a different crowd plays each. Both are frequently played by young kids.

Baker Farm may be your best bet to get a returned disc because of the level of player you have to be to enjoy it, plus you need a car to get their, so far less 14 year olds on bikes to run aaway with your disc.

the thing is, almost no established disc golf player would do this. Almost premierly the newer people.

I'm telling you, growth=bad

^^^^^^ Amen brother.

It's also similar to the people that sign baskets. They may not be total douche-bags, they're just young, dumb, and full...well you get my point. If you introduce a ton of new, young, drinking, smoking guys to the sport you are going ot have growing pains.

I have returned a bunch and I think almost all of them I called and returned on the spot since I drive almost an hour to get to one of my favorite courses. I have yet to get a call back on any of my discs so I just gave up writing my number on there. Of course, most the time when I lose a disc it is in flowing or just nasty water to where they just may never have been found.

Yea. My roomate had the same deal... A phone call from some bored kid not willing to return the disc and just looking to piss somebody off. I also had my car window smashed in lovely Downtown Naperville and ALL my discs were stolen. About 15... All of them had my name and number on it. That was about a year ago. All in all I've got about 20 discs out there floating around with my info on it and no return phone calls... lame. As for me? if its got a name and number, I call. I don't steal.

ANOTHER DAMN LOST DISC THREAD :wall:........................

Just kidding. :)
I got to school and my desk had ants on it so I got out all my anger on the ants (I smite you, and you, haha I killed your brothers) Now I am calm and flame free :)

Last edited:
I have never put my phone number on mine because nobody cares. I do put my autograph and Pdga # on it though

That sucks Will...
It doesn't always go like that, but honestly, if you lose a disc it's best just to consider it gone...I only hope to get them back if I inadvertently forget to pickup my disc during a doubles "best-disc" round...even then I consider myself lucky.

bummer,this year i lost 3 discs,not one call.but i did find 2 with names and numbers and called and returned them all.i want to believe in karma.

That sucks. I put my email on mine and am reconsidering even that. I lost a pearly orange champ beast(by lost I mean took a longer route around a water hazard to get it and when it wasn't there asked the groups who had passed by only to receive blank stares or 'sorry dude, haven't been by there yet'). Well within an hour of leaving the course I receive an email from a blackberry with a picture of my disc and a message...."Thanks for the beast biatch!"

Since that happened I cannot be shocked. So, I guess I'll still put the email on there and if someone wants to email and taunt me fine..... if by some chance a person returns it, sweet.

Last edited:
I also had my car window smashed in lovely Downtown Naperville and ALL my discs were stolen.

What the Police women of Naperville didn't come to your rescue like in the TV show?

I have heard if you put your wife's or girlfriend's name and number on there, you are more likely go get a call back. I think I am going to start doing that.

the thing is, almost no established disc golf player would do this. Almost premierly the newer people.

I'm telling you, growth=bad

Growth = more courses.

I've had this happen too..."found your disc and you aren't getting it back" Is that action any worse than trashing a tee sign or stealing a basket. No. There are just deusches out there and you have to live with it.

Latest posts