• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Never putting my phone number on a disc again...

well at least they were trtying to do the right thing

W3rd. I'm 100% not complaining, just illustrating that info on discs can result in many returns. Once the finders were told that the disc must belong to a lady at the event, the pool of potential owners became quite small, and I am sure that all discs found their rightful new owners.

just met up with a guy at a local course yesterday to return one of his discs, so i'm getting a kick out of these replies.

I found a disc at Windwood, which during the week has a lost and found you can return the disc too. It was Memorial Day, so the office was closed, and while looking for a friends disc, we found another one. I called the guy, and he called me back later in the week. He wanted to meet for a round, but I had already made plans with my wife.

I was going to the post office anyway to mail some other discs, so I just told him to give me his info, and even though he just lived across town, I mailed it to him. He was a noob and said he had only been playing for a month, and it made his day to know he was getting he disc back. Maybe this experience will teach him to return discs he finds in the future.

I have called the number on the one disc that I found with a number on it. The guy came and picked it up. I did find another two with no info them, I was not able to return. I for one, however, will always attempt to at lreast call the number or email; if they don't want it, at least I tried. I too believe in karma.... Pay it forward, that's all.

I work in customer service, have for over 10 years. One thing is completely true- there is (what I have heard) a 3% of all people out there who are just total A-holes. nothing you can do about those guys. I am reconsidering the whole phone # on the disc and maybe just going with email. I like that idea. Although, I have only lost one disc....

Lost:
1 Champion Beast Driver, 175 grams, See-through lime green
Oak Grove DGC, La Cañada, CA, leaving the dumb A#@ drivers hand just a bit too high, picking up a good amount of wind, not making it over the Ravine at hole #12, and floating to the edge of the water. If found... please take care of her. She was a beut!!!!!

Last edited:
Yeah i dont really like the idea of my info floating around anywhere. I put CarpeDiem on the inside rim. For people that use this site and see that, maybe it will get returned.

But for someone who doesnt use this site, i think its still a cool thing. I mean if i lost this disc, i might as well make it kinda intersting for someone else to find. CarpeDiem "Seize The Day" in latin, for anyone wondering.

on the inside of my Star Boss it says Dgcoursereview.com 7 times in a spiral and says prerube in the middle, no other info.

If you find BrotherDave's disc, please return it. He'd return it to you.

Side note: I found a Champ Groove when I was looking for my now lost champ Eagle-L on hole 3 at UNC. I texted the guy but I haven't heard back. I'm debating on trying harder to get in touch with this guy b/c honestly I'm doing him a favor from reuniting him with one of the worse discs ever made.

good story

I have always returned the discs I have found. Today I got one returned that I lost 2 weeks ago. There are still good people out there.

Na.....:) Believe or not, My car was in a parking garage right under a surveillance camera... And there are a couple cute chick cops there too. I told one of em' to cuff me just for the hell of it..:)

It is all area dependent. I never got a call from FL where I lost my Core and we have gotten several here in GA and returned several as well.

Franks idea is pretty good too. Almost worthy of a hidden camera bit.

I had a similar thing happen to me. A guy calls me and tells me I need to get a million dollars together if I want my valkyrie back and then hangs up. What a doosch.
I must have lost that thing well over a year prior to that phone call too, because it had been about that long since I had carried a valk in my bag.

I went into the pond at Sharp Springs in Smyrna TN last year and pulled out 18 discs. 12 people with numbers on their discs and the ones that wanted them back got them back, the rest got traded in at play it again sports. The moral of this story is, even if a good guy tht's willing to call you, finds your disc with no number in it, he can't get it back to you...

Another option is to put your email address on them if you are worried about people calling you. Most everyone is online now, so that works too, them joker boy up thee could have something like [email protected] and still have a chance of getting his gear back.

I always draw a picture of Darth Vader or someone from Star Wars on the back of my discs, along with my surname Obi 1 and my phone number. I've only gotten two call backs out of 10 discs I've lost. But I've received 5 of them back. The three I didn't get a call on but got back, I ended up playing with some random knuckleheads and saw a disc that looked like mine, asked to see it and had them call my number. When my phone rang I put it back in my bag with the look on my face of "Go ahead, try to take it back." The other 5, I'm still waiting for the grimy ****s to call me or to see me.

If you want to get you disc golf back, write the following on it.....
N.C.S.C. Church of god- "your name here"
and phone number.

You will almost always get that disc back!

Latest posts