• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New 13 speed driver- Innova Boss

Have you tossed it yet? do you know if they have different color halos?

I have no idea what colors they ran. There probably isn't much variation between colors since they were all ran at the same time.

I got a yellowish one with a warped flight plate. Its hard to tell its warped because the plate is basically clear. The rim looks like a stretched out destroyer, same with top too I suppose. Hope its one of those understable ones I've heard about, was crossing my fingers for one to be honest.

i got a neon green one. warped flight plate i think, there is a line basically across the top where the flight plate is pushed down. hopefully it flies good, but i wont be able to throw it until tomorrow and only if its not pouring rain.

im really tempted to put my mark on it but im still gonna wait til i throw it in the field a few times.

I got 4 new X-out Boss's in the mail today. i went out to a field with a 5-10 mile an hour cross wind. I took 2 Monarchs, 2 Pulses and 3 Destroyers out for comparison

I started out throwing the Monarchs getting both out around 375-380,
Pulses about 370 on a flat line,
Pro Destroyers about 425 on a shallow s-turn.

i didn't really know what to expect on the first throw from the Boss i let it rip with a slight hyzer line and it proceeded to turn with almost the exact same flight as a Sidewinder. Seeing this I added a little more hyzer and trying to throw a controlled shot i still got it out over 440, the next one slipped a little and still got it over 400. The last one however i hooked up just right and i didn't think it was ever going to stop going. After measuring it i threw one of the longest drives i have ever thrown on flat ground 507 feet.

I just got back from throwing my new domey ice x out boss. Mine has a noticable warp in the flight plate, which is i guess suppose to make it more stable?

I throw prodominatly forehand and i noticed that if i keep it low the thing glides forever and has a subtle fade at the end, but if i even tilt it up a tad the thing gets mad lift off and has a hard fade.

I average around 325-350 forehand with my flashes and venoms and I was flirting with 400 with this thing.

I haven't thrown destoyers much but from what I can tell it is slightly less stable and easier to control (as long as I keep it flat) than any Ive ever thrown. As far as the distance gap between the two its pretty minimal for me.

So far I like my boss!!!

Flew just like it looks, faster star destroyer. At least the ones with warped flight plates, flying less stable. Nice disc and probably my new farthest.

dgdave said:
I got an ice at no extra charge. I got to throw these today. I'll give my summary later

howd you manage ice at no charge? did you select ice? or just receive it?

my warped flight plate one flies less stable than an xcaliber, and possibly less stable than a destroyer. I turned it over a few times with some height, which my xcals dont really do. but i still have only thrown it like 10 times so im really not sure what to think still. flies far, like a destroyer, but recently ive moved towards wraiths for bigger hyzer flips so i dont know if it will replace my destroyers. It definately isnt replacing my xcal for overstable distance.[/list]

Ok, now I have a minute.

Let me start this by saying I've lost distance off my frives as of late, but changed my grip and tried a lower pull and had great results from 120 drives this afternoon, not all with the Boss.

the 2 I got were not the overstable XC kind. They were suprisingly not very nose angle sensitive, or that might have just been good throws on my part, but are pretty speed sensitive. Lay off a bit and they hyzer out. A full throw would make it turn, but not turn over. The suprizing part was that it had enough glide to keep it in the air to let the LSS pull it out of the turn. I had a gps and mesured some out to 435-450 +/- 12ft. I haven't got that D in a long time. I had one that was 471 +/-12 ft. These were tight S curves from a hyzer flip. These were with and into a 5-10 mph wind. On big sweeping hyzers, they were ok. They would flip up a little more than I wanted, but were in the 390-410 range. I haven't tried them as a roller or just turn over.

I can see how bigger arms would flip the piss out of these, at least the x-outs.

I did have the best throw of my life I think. It was a total golf line drive with my starting to get seasoned Star Teebird. It measured in at 492 ft +/- 12ft. Everything felt perfect. All my other TB throws were in the 390ish range. I'm gonna try to get a vid of mt tweeks to see if there is a visual difference.