• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New From Central IL

Nevik

Hello, all. This is my first post, but I have been reading these forums for a while. I have been playing for some time and I would consider myself an intermediate level player. I am also a "finesse" player (under 300ft) and hope to post some videos in the technique section soon to help improve my form.

I am originally from the Minneapolis area, but am currently residing in the flat, windy place called central IL. I Would be interested to know if anyone has favorite courses in the region that I should be checking out. I like technical courses!

I look forward to chatting with you all.

Welcome, I'm from the Central IL area orginally, Peoria to be exact. What part of Central IL do you live in?
The Peoria area has a handful of great courses and an active DG community. If you like technical, you'll like ICC. Megiddo in Morton is a great more technical course much is a great challenge especially if you throw less than 300 feet.

Welcome from the Chicago area! My experience in Central IL is pretty limited. If you're reasonably close to Peoria, McNaughton and Northwoods are great. Centralia is also supposed to be one of the best (or THE best) in the state.

Where are you located? I'm in central IL as well. Peoria has excellent courses- mcnaughton (pekin), northwoods and megiddo (morton) and icc and Bradley are in Peoria. There's also washington and eureka (20-30 minutes east). If you're from Springfield area, Lincoln park has 2 courses (north and south, southern better), douglas park is a longer pitch n putt right near downtown. There's also a course on uis campus

I am in the Champaign area. There are two courses in town with one being a 9 hole pitch and putt, the other is Dodds which is a decent 18 hole. It has some challenging shots but mostly for longer drives with lots of open fairway.

Looks like Peoria is the best bet. It's a little over an hour drive, but is sounds like there are enough courses to make a day of it. Thanks for the info!

Yeah, not much excitement around Chambana. Dodds was a recent addition and it took a lot of work/planning to even get that installed.

Peoria for sure is the best day trip destination.

I grew up and went to school in Normal (U-High then ISU).

There are some phenomenal courses in the Peoria area. Megiddo, Eureka, and Morton are my top 3. But McNaughton gets a lot of love as well.

Welcome from Madison, WI!

Welcome from Peoria! If you want really technically play Megiddo , super technical , lots of elevation change , water, etc. Very fun but a bit rough around the edges. ICC is great as well as the other courses people have mentioned already.

Welcome to central Illinois. Morton/Peoria area IMHO is the best area as others have said. Peoria Frisbee Club has spring league on Tuesday nights and there are quite a few tourneys in the area this year if thats your thing. We are trying to get the courses in great shape for the NT in August as well. If helping to make courses better interests you, feel free to pm me. We are always looking for more help.
Technical courses would be Lake Eureka, ICC, Megiddo, and quite a bit of Northwood.

I am in the Champaign area. There are two courses in town with one being a 9 hole pitch and putt, the other is Dodds which is a decent 18 hole. It has some challenging shots but mostly for longer drives with lots of open fairway.

Looks like Peoria is the best bet. It's a little over an hour drive, but is sounds like there are enough courses to make a day of it. Thanks for the info!

Chambana area here. Played Dodds today with a group. Random dubs is every Sunday at Dodds @10 A.M. Welcome to the area. Morton is a nice trip with Megiddo and Northwoods. Just played triples down there recently. The Decatur course is also good.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. It's finally getting nice out and hopefully I will be spending more time on the course than on the forums, but I'm glad I finally joined up. Now if only I could figure out how to not be at work all the time...

Chambana area here. Played Dodds today with a group. Random dubs is every Sunday at Dodds @10 A.M. Welcome to the area. Morton is a nice trip with Megiddo and Northwoods. Just played triples down there recently. The Decatur course is also good.

Thanks for the welcome! I may have played with you already. I have played Sunday dubs a handful of times. Gotta say January and February are interesting disc golf experience here. Did you play at all this winter?