• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Grip Bag Soon?

I'm looking forward to someone walking us through a B15, and seeing one next to an older A series.

Who's gotten the new big bag (AX15)? Hoping for a review.

After commenting on not being sold on the bag, I actually have one coming in after winning one on FB. Haven't decided to keep it or not, but if I do, I'll post my thoughts...otherwise, just found this earlier today.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to someone walking us through a B15, and seeing one next to an older A series.

I'd attempt to help you out, but my posts would probably disappear...

I don't expect this one to last either. :\

Just received my AX15... first impressions, here are my pro's/con's against the A14

Pros:
-Quiver pocket can fit 4 putters and close easily, where as I was getting 3 into the A14
-Currently, the main storage area isn't really fitting anymore than my A14 is. That said, I'm sure it'll break in to fit more. So, I'll take them at their word that the main disc compartment fits 22. This is 2 more discs than I currently prefer to have at the maximum in my A14's main compartment. So overall for total disc storage across the whole bag, compared to an A14, you can get prob 3-4 more discs in.
-D-rings, if you were ever annoyed with having to clip your towel to the straps on the side of the pocket. This is an upgrade. Personally, I never like clipping my towels to anything
-Increased side pocket storage, never was an issue for me to begin with, but for those who must have an XXL hoodie with them at all times, here you go
-The strap maintenance velcro, this is crucial for me. I wear mine pretty high and tight, so the extra length on the strap tails would always be getting stepped on whenever i picked my bag up off the ground

Cons:
-Probably the only and main con for me is the fact that it seems like they've made a couple changes in an effort to reduce costs. My A14 is made of two types of material, one is the 1000d cordura and the other is, some less sturdy feeling nylon. On the A14 the less sturdy nylon is on the flap, front panels, the straps, and a couple other areas as accents. On the AX15 it's on all those same areas, but also used on the main area of the side pockets. Not a huge deal and I'm not sure how much it'll affect the bag's ability withstand wear in those areas, but if I wish they hadn't changed that.

Anybody else with the New MeBeast bag. Like the look for the most part, except the years. Funtionality is also pretty darn good. Switching from the old McBeth bag to this one has been really nice. Main compartment holds 2 more discs and you kinda have to carry 3 discs in the top compartment for them to fit tight enough not to just fall out, but thats not a big deal. The only real compaint that I have is the edjustable cup holders. I only use one cup holder and I toss towels in the other one but the new design doesnt really allow for the cupholder to stay open. It just wants to crease and close at the seam. Thinking about cutting a nalgene in half so that I can have the pocket stay open all the time.

drumming_fingers.gif

This is my first backpack style bag and I couldn't be happier! It rides do much easier than the Fade Tourney with Gelz straps. uploadfromtaptalk1436835265303.jpg

Got my first two rounds in with my new AX-15. Its amazing how more weight feels like less with this bag. I had 3 more discs and more odds and ends in the bag than I ever have had before, and it felt like I had half as many discs.