• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New member from Wisconsin

Badger45

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Hey all, I've been reading this site for a long time and finally decided to join this summer. I've been playing since 2001, mostly in the SE Wisconsin area. UW-Parkside is where I broke in my original discs and have most of my playing time there. I picked the sport up with my wife as a way to stay active, then we moved North and UWP was a good 30 minute drive, instead of 10. I played maybe 5-10 times a year after 2004 and picked it up again this year. What a great sport! I'm so glad I've got a few friends into it now and we play 2-3 times a week. I frequent Abendschein Park in Oak Creek a lot, now, as it's a great course for me to work on my distance, but open enough for my 8-year old son to play confidently.

Welcome! Thanks for the advice on my thread. Two of my children and I just played Abendschein today for the first time. We all enjoyed it!

Welcome to DGCR, I to also frequent Abendschein Park. I play there 2-4 times a week & I'm in two leagues there every Tuesday & Thursday at 6pm. If you ever wanna play a round or two send me a PM. :)

Dont play Abendschiene in the rain, you will break an ankle on the teepads. Worst idea ever to put teepads and pin pads in.

Dont play Abendschiene in the rain, you will break an ankle on the teepads. Worst idea ever to put teepads and pin pads in.

Yeah, the pinpads kill near perfect approach shots. Those I hate. Played UWP again on Tuesday and was struck by how my approaches were sticking under the basket instead of skipping off 20-30' extra.