• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New plastic?

I hope the new pearly champ one echoes the early champ era in that it's a bit more flexible and less prone to huge kicks off trees.

I'm loving my new pfn pearly Orc for that reason alone.

First is Shimmer. We are pleased to offer you these new Shimmer material, Star blend Destroyers. The Shimmer line offers a unique, swirly metallic look. Same great Star grip and durability.
The second is Luster. We are pleased to offer you these new Luster material, Champion Destroyers. The Luster line offers a unique, somewhat opaque, pearly look. Same great Champion grip and durability.
shakehead.gif
lol...

https://discgolfvalues.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=1257
https://discgolfvalues.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=1256

Come on OP.....

I hope the new pearly champ one echoes the early champ era in that it's a bit more flexible and less prone to huge kicks off trees.

I'm loving my new pfn pearly Orc for that reason alone.

Yup, love the 2004-2005 Champ plastic. That stuff is indestuctible. I've been throwing the same flat pearly Champ Orc for 10 years.

Looks a lot like L64 gold line or Discraft Big Z. It's pretty and I'm sure these will be fetching a fair price on the FB auctions for a while, but it will be interesting to see if the grip and wear really are similar to champ and star.

I don't think it is " gchamp "- they already have the extra gummy champ in a bunch of molds. I got a rhyno from bsf that is REALLY pearly champ and flat and feels real nice so hopefully similar to that

I was at the Kit Carson pro shop about 2 months ago, and was looking at the Innova Dominator. They were all 173g - 175g Blizzard plastic. From what I read about them Innova had some weird problem differentiating the discs between the Blizzard and Champion runs *dunno how true that part is*

Anyways, this new plastic looks JUST like the heavy, Blizzard plastic with no air bubbles that makes up most Champion Dominators. Its got that same weird streaky sheen too it that the few i was handling had.

Introducing new plastic options is more interesting to me than another mold from Innova. I like GStar a lot. They don't have anything like Discraft Ti or Prodigy 750.

I wonder if this is a plastic availability issue? I know golf disc manufactures don't exactly get to use whatever they want as far as raw materials. Considering that these both look a lot like other plastics available in the industry I'm really curious if this is an availability thing. Could they be going back to opaque champ plastic for a while? Its possible. Time will tell. The old school opaque stuff is great. New JL is awesome too. So it doesn't matter to me.

The Star blend is interesting. Looks a LOT like Gstar. It kinda makes sense if they are going to rebrand that kind of plastic as "new star" considering that innova seems have been moving away from their traditional star blend for a while. It also jives with the Jussi M quote that has been passed around here where he said G and C line would be the primary premium plastics from innova in the future.

Obv this is all just speculation, but speculation is fun. They could be just some stuff Innova is playing with and not putting into wide production. Honestly I don't really care either way. Maybe hoard JL now just in case?

The Star blend is interesting. Looks a LOT like Gstar. It kinda makes sense if they are going to rebrand that kind of plastic as "new star" considering that innova seems have been moving away from their traditional star blend for a while. It also jives with the Jussi M quote that has been passed around here where he said G and C line would be the primary premium plastics from innova in the future.

Obv this is all just speculation, but speculation is fun. They could be just some stuff Innova is playing with and not putting into wide production. Honestly I don't really care either way. Maybe hoard JL now just in case?

I'd be very disappointed if Innova moved away from (old/firm) Star and towards GStar. While you hoard JL plastic (which I'm fine with), I'll hoard good Star plastic...

Why do we think they are moving away from stiff star? The last three new release star discs I've had are stiff.

Latest posts