• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Prodigy Bag

I was looking at another grip bag online earlier on their site and I happened to notice the "team" only has like 7 people on it now....none of them were prodigy players. Now I know why......

But this bag looks like a rip off of a Grip. I wonder if they have the hard plastic rails on the bottom too?? :p

I was looking at another grip bag online earlier on their site and I happened to notice the "team" only has like 7 people on it now....none of them were prodigy players. Now I know why......

But this bag looks like a rip off of a Grip. I wonder if they have the hard plastic rails on the bottom too?? :p

Yeah, just saw that. Interested to see how the straps and back look also.

Looks like part Grip and part Ergo2. Nice looking bag, but I don't have the entitled attitude to go with the bag, so I will stick with what I have.

looks like wasted space up top, since the discs look to drop down into the main compartment (like the gateway backpack) instead of being pushed in from the front.

Not impressed so far. +1 for grip.

Every bag he makes is unique and tuned to the comissioner. This is definitely a cross of the ergo and grip

Its pretty much the same backpack bag as the no excuses one but with different side pockets. The guy from no excuses even made a post about it like a month ago and was pissed that prodigy was taking his design.

Its pretty much the same backpack bag as the no excuses one but with different side pockets. The guy from no excuses even made a post about it like a month ago and was pissed that prodigy was taking his design.

He later rephrased his rant saying he was frustrated that the golfer he wasn't going to be able to make the backpack he truly wanted because prodigy wouldn't allow him to carry it anyway. No excuses doesn't stick with one design. He has tons of designs and options for a custom bag. This bag may have similarities to his design, but it isn't the exact same bag he has made before. This bag also takes designs from the Grip and Ergo. The sides are like the Grip. The putter quiver in the top is also from the Grip but it has the opening like the ergo just no vertical disc storage.

Is this the one you were talking about?

Kinda looks like the prototype UB Disc Golf put on Kickstarter last year... front putter pocket, "U" shaped main storage flap. Big side pockets look similar. No vert storage on the Prodigy bag though.

Is this the one you were talking about?

Kinda looks like the prototype UB Disc Golf put on Kickstarter last year... front putter pocket, "U" shaped main storage flap. Big side pockets look similar. No vert storage on the Prodigy bag though.

Nope.

This one
935100_547456971996501_434194277_n.jpg

All backpack designs have features that look obviously ripped off from the Grip bag but some closer than others. To me this one looks to be a clone. At the price point of $180, if accurate, will likely make the prodigy bag not as well made or durable but more intended to compete with the number of DD rangers being sold.