• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Prodigy Bag

Definitely borrows a lot from other bags. But that's to be expected. I do see a lot of Grip in the front just with a bigger pocket for putters. Then the whole top opens up to something more akin to what Dave is doing with his No Excuses backpacks. The side pockets look very close to the current run of Contender backpacks and first run Ergos.

It makes you wonder when Prodigy has players who were Grip players, and Big Hyzer players, and owned No Excuses bags, and Gateway players. And now a backpack borrowing from all of them.

But again, the backpack market is somewhat finite. Only so much can work, so redundancy is inevitable. At least it doesn't look like a straight rip off.

Speculate away. It looks to me like it was made by Big Hyzer.

Looks to be pretty awesome - would love to see the inside...

Pic courtesy of Schusterick's Instagram.
This looks a lot like the Ergo2 without vertical storage, and much taller and bigger. It would be interesting to see the storage on the top compartment. It doesn't look like a Grip or Prodiscus at all.

With the amount of bags coming out, there is bound to be overlap in design similarities. I remember hearing about these somewhere, then completely forgot. They look nice, just depends on price. I really want to replace my current bag with an Ergo2, but that will have to wait until my paychecks stop doing weightwatchers.

I hope it is made of high quality materials. I have couple 100-200$ back packs designed for cycling (commuting) and carrying high loads. Materials, sewing and overall build quality on those bags is much better than any disc golf bag I've seen. Materials are water resistant (no rain fly needed if materials are top notch :) ). I use these bags every day. I have not seen Mahal but I believe Mystery Ranch knows how to make bags.

So I think I'm kind of spoiled and most of the disc golf bags just don't do it for me.

Definitely borrows a lot from other bags. But that's to be expected.
But again, the backpack market is somewhat finite. Only so much can work, so redundancy is inevitable. At least it doesn't look like a straight rip off.

:thmbup: School book bags are nearly IDENTICAL. it is what it is. who cares!

What someone maybe needs to do is actually create a NEW dg bag design like swift tried.

Paige just posted a video on her FB. From what she said, it can hold up to 40 discs...

Wow the thing has voodoo storage capacity but is about as wide as a grip. Material looks solid too. Prodigy popularity had a big start and that popularity has continued. I can see this selling really well especially at 180$ Of course these are all just protos and time will tell if the production line will be just as good

Wow the thing has voodoo storage capacity but is about as wide as a grip. Material looks solid too. Prodigy popularity had a big start and that popularity has continued. I can see this selling really well especially at 180$ Of course these are all just protos and time will tell if the production line will be just as good

Definitely agree with this. I have really liked Prodigy since the start. They have some great molds with amazing plastic.

That's what I thought. Basically a Grip bag that says you like Prodigy.

Yep. Which is cool for those that do. I gotta say that bright green that Double G had looked awesome. I'm just skeptical of the quality because of past experiences with their initial releases and that guess on price. I guess it really doesn't matter though I'm not in the market for a bag I've had my Grip over a year now and just bought a Ranger a few weeks ago for carrying backups when I want a little less overall weight than the Grip. There's only so much you can change from the original Grip but to me this really looks to borrow a lot from other bags.

All those pockets for extra discs but where is the mini pocket?

Last edited: