• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New to dying discs

RakeJife

hey all i am new to this disc dying thing what all is necessary to get started? also if you have any tips that can save me the heartbreak of ruining a brand new disc i will be eternally great full. :thmbup:

Important Tip to be Aware of: Rit dye has been reformulated and the new stuff won't dye discs. If you use liquid, make sure there is no "ND" stamped on the cap, and if you use the powder, make sure there is no "ND" printed on the back of the pouch (inside the box). ND = "No Discs" :thmbdown:

I have done 4 dye's now. I went threw the basic's thread, but am still having issues getting the contact paper to disc after cutting. I tried cutting on the disc...once was enough! That was a horrible dye.

Does anyone have tips for cutting and transferring your contact paper/vinyl.

I have done 4 dye's now. I went threw the basic's thread, but am still having issues getting the contact paper to disc after cutting. I tried cutting on the disc...once was enough! That was a horrible dye.

Does anyone have tips for cutting and transferring your contact paper/vinyl.
I cut out my vinyl then apply the contact paper over that. i weed once i get it on the disc.

Transfer tape is what I use, also go get some real vinyl from the local sign shop instead of contact paper, that'll give you better results. Ask for premium scraps.. scotchcal works for me