• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Newbie in CT

Paintray98

Bogey Member
I started playing on July 2, 2013. Fell in love with the sport and immediately bought 4 discs (DX Viking, DX Leopard, DX Aviar Classic, and a Champion Mako3) and a Fade Gear Crunch Box bag. Over the past month and a half I've acquired a few more discs (Star Vulcan, Vibram Ridge medium, Discraft Z Buzzz, and a Discmania FD Jackal) mostly just to have backup discs if I lost a disc. I went to the GHdgO tournament at Wickham Park in Manchester, CT last weekend and watched Paul McBeth play. That was fun. I need to get out and play more rounds. I've played 18 of the 22 holes at Wickham, played at Brewster Ridge in Jeffersonville, VT and played a round at Cross Farms. All very different courses. Brewster Ridge was surprisingly flat for being in a mountain range.

I am probably going to hit up Wickham this weekend and play all 22 holes now that I know where the alphabet is.

Sounds like you are headed in the right direction.
Welcome to the site!

Welcome...

Sounds like you are officially hooked on the sport... Good for you :D

I started playing about the same time. The forum here is a great way to feed the addiction when we cant be out hucking plastic...

Welcome. Glad to have new faces.

just got back from practicing at a local school. I'm stuck at the 200-210 mark for distance. better than the 150 i was getting a month ago. gotta tweak my routine a bit more it seems. any suggestions? I throw from a standstill and try to use my hips to bring the disc across my chest and then follow through with a wrist flick for spin. I've tried the X-step, but really can't get into that.

Welcome to the party !!!

Check out the New England Flying disc Association for all the disc golf happenings in the New England area http://www.nefa.com/

already signed up for the forums there

I recommend checking out Page Park in Bristol. It is a fun course.

I fully plan on checking out a few of the "local" courses. I'm only a 15 minute drive from Wickham Park, so I'll be playing there a lot and i'm about a 25-30 minute drive from Cross Farms so that's another course i'll play a lot

Last edited:
when are playin next? maybe i could meet you at wickham and give you a few pointers. painter like me i assume?

Not sure when I'll be out a Wickham next, my brother and dad might be able to use some assistance as well and we usually come out together to play a round. My brother is probably the best off of the three of us

Nah, not a painter, username comes from paintball+Devil Rays(now the Rays)+Tippmann model 98

ugh, of course i have to work tomorrow, end of the month slam at work. Gonna try and get out of work at noonish, get changed and maybe try to hit up Wick or Cross Farms, maybe see if i can drag a friend along to try out disc golf though my only friend interested has serious back issues and probably wouldn't be able to do it effectively.

Went to Cross Farms after I got out of work, scored a 95. Had some good shots and some horrible shots. First time using the Vibram Ridge as my main putter, really has helped my game so far

i pretty sure im playing wickham sept 2. with my gf and 2 other new people. not sure of the time, kind of being set up by her.

I may be free that day

I spent most of the time at Cross Farms giving my dad pointers on how he should tee off, he tends to aim the disc high instead of level. I tried some different shots today to get out of bad lies, basically a short hyzer angled throw to get me in front of trees and in line with the basket