• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Newbie in CT

Just ordered some new discs, two Rocs, a very lightweight teebird in DX, another buzz in d plastic and a magnet (soft). The latter two are more for if a buddy who doesn't have discs wants to try out the sport

Bought some new discs to spread out my options and have extras for friends that tag along. Two 150g Rocs, a 138g teebird, a 147g teebird, a D buzzz, magnet(soft), a nuke ss, and an exact duplicate of my Viking that I lost at cross farms. Played wickham today and lost the 138g teebird on its first throw teeing off from hole 6, I think it went beyond hole d which makes that my best throw ever and my worst throw ever. Got home and immediately ordered a replacement duplicate from DGC and a bag to store some of my discs. So now i'll have a fade lite bag and a fade crunch box bag.

I bought the d buzzz, nuke ss and magnet as the extra discs for a buddy if they tag along.

I really love the Rocs, but I can't hit a tree with them for the life of me and I really want to beat one in. I almost deuced a couple holes just throwing the Rocs. They flew exactly how I wanted them to on every shot, even let my brother throw one for a while and it convinced him to buy one or two for his bag.

Still ended up with a 113 playing all 22 holes. To be honest I think I like cross farms better than wick.

We're also going to take up a couple projects in the coming months. He is going to build a new bag for himself since right now he is using his laptop backpack and doesn't like how he needs to open it and dig deep for a disc. We're also going to build a basket for practice.

Hey man, I also just recently started playing disc golf as well and my home course is Wickham, if your in the area let me know. I'm always down to throw a round.

And the rocs are a sweet disc, however I just recently lost one too. I'd really recommend the mako3 if you like the straight flying mid ranges.

I have a Mako3, I lost a teebird (and already replaced it with an exact duplicate)

I am looking into getting a couple more Rocs though as they seem to be exactly where my skill set lies currently. Someone did return my Viking I lost in August, I just have to make the trip to disc hut to grab it

I played Cross Farms again today...got to hole 5, drove and winged a tree, second throw got me to the kiddie benches...and my third throw from the kiddie benches landed in the basket with my yellow 150 DX Roc. witnessed by my brother, his girlfriend and another of his friend's. we estimate that it was a 80-100 foot landed throw that I sunk. Felt awesome. I still scored an 89...which is what i always end up with there except for once. My brother's friend also had an awesome 150 foot blind shot that went in. That was awesome too.

Welcome to the site!
I'm a relatively new player myself from CT (been playing a bit over a year.) Wick is fun but for sure is a tough course, need a big arm to score well there which I don't have yet. But that being said there is alot of fun courses around the area to play. I would recommend taking a trip down to Page sometime, it is a shorter course and usually allows for better score. I live about 15 minutes from Page so maybe we can catch a round some weekend.

Welcome to the party !!!

Check out the New England Flying disc Association for all the disc golf happenings in the New England area http://www.nefa.com/

already signed up for the forums there

If you're having an issue getting registered, please hit me up. I'm the forum admin and there's been a flood of spam accounts these past few months. Been mass deleting them and sometimes i delete a real persons account. :wall:

If you're having an issue getting registered, please hit me up. I'm the forum admin and there's been a flood of spam accounts these past few months. Been mass deleting them and sometimes i delete a real persons account. :wall:

My account still works there, I just haven't posted yet

Welcome to the site!
I'm a relatively new player myself from CT (been playing a bit over a year.) Wick is fun but for sure is a tough course, need a big arm to score well there which I don't have yet. But that being said there is alot of fun courses around the area to play. I would recommend taking a trip down to Page sometime, it is a shorter course and usually allows for better score. I live about 15 minutes from Page so maybe we can catch a round some weekend.

i should get down to Page soon to get something different going. I really like Cross Farms right now, I'm better in the woods for some reason, at Wick I just don't have the arm. Though I think i'm getting there as i'm getting some decent distance now. I have 22 discs of varying types now:

1. Atlas 180g
  2. Aviar Classic 150g
  3. Buzz Z-Line 167g
  4. Buzz D-line 147g
  5. FD Jackal 167g
  6. DX Leopard 150g
  7. DX Leopard 150g
  8. soft Magnet D-line 172g
  9. Champion Mako3 173g
  10. Nuke SS Z-line 173g
  11. Prometheus Liquid x-out 188g
  12. Ridge X-Link M 149g
  13. Roc DX 150g
  14. Roc DX 150g
  15. Shock Neutron 175g
  16. Teebird DX 138g
  17. Teebird DX 147g
  18. Viking DX 175g
  19. Viking DX 175g
  20. Vulcan Star 166g
  21. Whippet DX 175g
  22. Wolf DX 180g

I started playing on July 2, 2013. Fell in love with the sport and immediately bought 4 discs (DX Viking, DX Leopard, DX Aviar Classic, and a Champion Mako3) and a Fade Gear Crunch Box bag. Over the past month and a half I've acquired a few more discs (Star Vulcan, Vibram Ridge medium, Discraft Z Buzzz, and a Discmania FD Jackal) mostly just to have backup discs if I lost a disc. I went to the GHdgO tournament at Wickham Park in Manchester, CT last weekend and watched Paul McBeth play. That was fun. I need to get out and play more rounds. I've played 18 of the 22 holes at Wickham, played at Brewster Ridge in Jeffersonville, VT and played a round at Cross Farms. All very different courses. Brewster Ridge was surprisingly flat for being in a mountain range.

I am probably going to hit up Wickham this weekend and play all 22 holes now that I know where the alphabet is.

Welcome to the addiction, brother! :clap: