• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Next Disc?

After years of hearing how great and versatile the Roc is, I broke down and got one. I HATED it. It felt huge and clumsy in my hand, and was as unpredictable as anything I've ever thrown in 15 years of playing. That said, others swear by them, so it really is a love/hate as mentioned earlier.

I've been a RHFH thrower for 14 of the 15 years I've played and have seen the evolution of the discs and plastics. I have recently bought into the hype of Innova's speed 12/13 drivers and own a Destroyer, Boss and Groove. I can indeed throw them fairly well, but they all basically do the same thing for me and all go about 350'-375' on a good drive. After falling in love with, then losing and not bothering to buy a new one, I recently re-discovered the SL in Star plastic by Innova. I can consistently throw over 400' over a flat fairway, and it flies so straight it'll make your jaw drop. The TL is still possibly my favorite disc though. Super straight forehand or backhand, thrown hard or soft. It's also easily ripped a long way on an anhyzer, again fore- or backhand. Give one a try, and if you have a hard time keeping it from turning over into a roll, give yourself time to develop your release and try it again. Nothing's better than ripping a 300' laser beam down a narrow fairway.

You may also want to look at Innovas Fairway Drivers first. In this case I reccomend a Banshee for Forehand and a TL for everything else. I love my TLs, even if I am trying to buy other bands of discs rather than Innova. The TL will be the hardest for me to give up as they just go straight. Not the best forehand disc but you can make it work.

Just thought I'd say I just got a X-out Star TL. Of course real men throw pink so I got it in pink.

Latest posts