• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nicknames for DG

madmax88

Eagle Member
I commonly here "frolf" used to shorten frisbee golf. This however has a horrible alternative meaning and frisbee golf isn't even what it's called. Unfortunately the correct nickname would be "dilf" witch isn't any better. "DG" are just initials, not a good term to use in conversation. So, what term do you guys use?

Sadly, for some, the term "disc golf" is itself a nickname... for getting baked.

People that aren't familiar with the sport I've heard call it "gay" nothing agaisnt gay people over here. It's just what I've heard. Anyone else?:thmbdown:

The gf calls it Vladimir Putin.

Started off as puttin', then moved to putin', and now it's "Hey, you going to turn into Vladimir Putin today?" Yeah, we're goofs.

I think we need to stop denigrating, and instead embrace and own frolf

I just say disco.

You up for some disco later?

Kinda sounds like disc go when you say it. And better than anything else I've heard.

Or lets go discin as mentioned already

I just say disco.

You up for some disco later?

Kinda sounds like disc go when you say it. And better than anything else I've heard.

Or lets go discin as mentioned already

That's what half the people I talk to hear when I say disc golf anyways...

It's just discin' for me. Everyone in my office knows I'm an avid DG'er, so it's all good...although that also makes me the dirty hippy of the office. I guess I'm cool with that. I told some people I'm taking vacation tomorrow because of the weather, and they automatically know it's to go throw.