• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nicknames for DG

seriously, some people just hit a leather bound ball with a stick

seriously, some people just throw a leather or synthetic composite ball through a metal hoop

seriously, you can reduce anything to its bare essence. so what?

We call it Banging Chains. "Want to go Bangin'?" or "You want to bang?" Sometimes results may vary.

seriously, some people just hit a leather bound ball with a stick

seriously, some people just throw a leather or synthetic composite ball through a metal hoop

seriously, you can reduce anything to its bare essence. so what?

Seriously, some people strap knives to their feet, skate around on solid ice, and use sticks to hit a rubber thing and each other.

Hockey sounds awesome no matter how you cut it.

To non-DGers, simply disc golf.

To DGers, as someone else stated, it's "play". When you say "did you play yesterday?" we all know what we are talking about.

"The Sport of the gods"

Usually I'll just say disc golf or discing.

And the term frolf, while I don't say it much, doesn't bother me at all...

I think we need to stop denigrating, and instead embrace and own frolf

I will never understand people who get upset when someone else calls Disc Golf Frolf. Sure it's not accurate, but it's not insulting either. I'm an avid Disc Golfer and I use the term Frolf all the time. I personally don' care what anyone calls it, you could call it Turd Bird Smegma Chucking and I would still play it

My buddies call it Friz.

I'm with Bikinimower; no big deal to me personally what people call it. Non-DGers ridicule it either way.

Frolf is my choice, because I love seeing dg nerds get upset when you say it.

Should change my youtube to The Frolf Vids :)

When I'm talking to my buddies we just say "Wanna golf?" or "You throwin today?" etc.

I say frolf whenever I'm around people that get upset about it. The rest of the time I just call it disc golf.

LOL. I just find the vehemence about the term frolf hilarious

When I first started I bought into the whole "frolf" marginalizes our game blah blah blah

With experience and time spent trying to get courses in the ground, find sponsors, work with partners I have come to realize that frolf is not the reason we have trouble gaining traction and main stream attention. In fact, some days i get so frustrated trying to push the sport forward that I think maybe i should give up disc golf and take up frolf

I am just having fun here

Seriously, we throw plastic at metal contraptions. Lets not take ourselves too seriously

Folf is a completely acceptable term in Montana.

So's sheep herder. Quit changing the subject. :D :p

Greetings!

As the head of the International Disc Golf Decency Federation, it has been determined that you are herby excommunicated from the sport. You may still play, and everything as normal, but you will be shunned by the serious Disc Golf community from here on out.

When they changed the name from Frisbee Golf to Disc Golf me and all of my friends thought that it sounded stupid, and would never take. But here we are on DGCR, not FGCR...

A "herby" excommunication sounds good to me---in fact, I think I deserve one now. Back in 5! ;)

>>Seriously, we throw plastic at metal contraptions. Lets not take ourselves too seriously<<

If there weren't people who worshiped it obsessively, we'd still be throwing 119g play-catch Frisbees through Hula Hoops...

Sez you. I'd be throwing a 175 lid, as a committed Ultimate player. In fact, I threw a 180 Innova Ultimate disc as our tosser on the Grand Canyon the last 3 weeks. :clap:

So's sheep herder. Quit changing the subject. :D :p

A "herby" excommunication sounds good to me---in fact, I think I deserve one now. Back in 5! ;)

Sez you. I'd be throwing a 175 lid, as a committed Ultimate player. In fact, I threw a 180 Innova Ultimate disc as our tosser on the Grand Canyon the last 3 weeks. :clap:

These kids today, with there fancy baskets, and golf specific discs. And I heard rumors that they want us to play rounds "unenhanced". What are we going to do with 'em?

These kids today, with there fancy baskets, and golf specific discs. And I heard rumors that they want us to play rounds "unenhanced". What are we going to do with 'em?

"Unenhanced"!?! Good Lord, does that mean NO recreationals?! :p :D ;)

I always say "Discin'", which originated from "wanna get some disc in?" but now it's just "wanna go toss?"

Frolf... just.. No. :sick:

Folf is acceptable, even though I don't know why those people don't just convert into saying Disc Golf... it's not the PFA... but as long as they don't insert that dang "R" into the word then I don't feel the need to backhand them. :doh:

Hucking/Huck is a popular team down under...wanna go hucking, lets have a huck etc....dunno where it started.

I use the term 'ball golf' as well, just to see if they question WHY I refer to it that way...

Hucking/Huck is a popular team down under...wanna go hucking, lets have a huck etc....dunno where it started.

I use the term 'ball golf' as well, just to see if they question WHY I refer to it that way...

First heard the term for throwing far in ultimate, but it definitely applies to disc golf too. :)

Also, how do people respond when you say "ball golf" down under? Got curious.

For nicknames, I mostly hear "disc golf", and I noticed most people who call it frisbee golf still view it as a "backyard sport." I think building interest in the sport should solve that problem.

As for the term "frolf", glad I checked Urban Dictionary before asking if other members could explain it to me, would have been embarassing...:doh: If it's any conciliation, more people referenced disc golf in the definition than the other term on that site...

I find myself saying "ball golf" as well anymore whenever referring to That sport... when anyone tells me they played some golf I need them to verify for me which type they are playing.

#DiscGolfProblems I guess...