• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nicknames for DG

I've just been saying "golf" lately.

1.People who know me know I'm talking about disc golf.

2.It saves me the 5 minutes of explaining the concept to people who don't know about it.

i don't have a name for my car or boat and i'm sure not gonna give disc golf a cute nickname either
:D

I honestly just say 'Disc'

like: "Yo, dude...its nice out...disc?"

and often times I say things like "...disc?"
or "I was discin" "I had a good round of disc" or "....niiice"

"Frolf" makes the hair stand up straight on my arm. It's pejorative; just the phonetics of it pokes fun at Disc Golf's perceived unsophistication by non-participants.

This sport is the closest thing to religion for me, and for good reason. Rarely in life do you encounter things that are inherently awesome and very, very inexpensive.

It is Disc Golf, and when you get to the heart of the matter, its moral superiority is exactly why I call ball golf..."ball golf."

We just call ball golf heterosexual golf to separate the 2.

TOO FUNNY :hfive:

It's no big deal to me.... When I'm talking about our sport to those that don't play, I usually call it Frisbee Golf..

Even when playing with some of the better players in my area they will call their Discs.... Frisbees.

I like using Frisbees keeps it casual..

"Frolf" makes the hair stand up straight on my arm. It's pejorative; just the phonetics of it pokes fun at Disc Golf's perceived unsophistication by non-participants.

This sport is the closest thing to religion for me, and for good reason. Rarely in life do you encounter things that are inherently awesome and very, very inexpensive.

It is Disc Golf, and when you get to the heart of the matter, its moral superiority is exactly why I call ball golf..."ball golf."

I always ask people that play traditional golf how their 'bolf' round went.

I don't see why DOLF couldn't be used who cares about a cartoon character. Actually it's not too bad. Certainly getter the FROLF :gross::gross:

No need or a nickname.... EVERYONE who knows me knows I'm hopelessly addicted to the game. I just say, "I'm playin'" or "Wanna play?" and there can only be on thing I'm talking about... Disc Golf.

I certainly prefer frolf to disc

Disc? Really?

Hey man, wanna go disc?

At least frolf sounds funny.

I have also been known to call discs, frisbees. Oh god. Will they kick me out of the sport for that?

The gf calls it Vladimir Putin.

Started off as puttin', then moved to putin', and now it's "Hey, you going to turn into Vladimir Putin today?" Yeah, we're goofs.

Ha! Sounds like a typical conversation between my wife and I.

I find it easy to call it Disc Golf. No need to shorten...but it is also known in our house as my mistress.

Disc? Really?

Hey man, wanna go disc?

I have also been known to call discs, frisbees. Oh god. Will they kick me out of the sport for that?

Greetings!

As the head of the International Disc Golf Decency Federation, it has been determined that you are herby excommunicated from the sport. You may still play, and everything as normal, but you will be shunned by the serious Disc Golf community from here on out.

When they changed the name from Frisbee Golf to Disc Golf me and all of my friends thought that it sounded stupid, and would never take. But here we are on DGCR, not FGCR...

TOO FUNNY :hfive:

It's no big deal to me.... When I'm talking about our sport to those that don't play, I usually call it Frisbee Golf..

Even when playing with some of the better players in my area they will call their Discs.... Frisbees.

I like using Frisbees keeps it casual..

People know what a frisbee is and are not afraid of being hit by one. Getting hit in the head by a disc just sounds more dangerous. Being afraid of getting hit by an errant drive will keep more people out of our fairways. That's a good thing in my book.

Disc? Really?

Hey man, wanna go disc?

We don't care what you think. You have been a member for 3 yrs and 1300 posts later you still have not marked any courses as played.:wall::gross::doh::D

We don't care what you think. You have been a member for 3 yrs and 1300 posts later you still have not marked any courses as played.:wall::gross::doh::D

LOL. I just find the vehemence about the term frolf hilarious

When I first started I bought into the whole "frolf" marginalizes our game blah blah blah

With experience and time spent trying to get courses in the ground, find sponsors, work with partners I have come to realize that frolf is not the reason we have trouble gaining traction and main stream attention. In fact, some days i get so frustrated trying to push the sport forward that I think maybe i should give up disc golf and take up frolf

I am just having fun here

Seriously, we throw plastic at metal contraptions. Lets not take ourselves too seriously

>>Seriously, we throw plastic at metal contraptions. Lets not take ourselves too seriously<<

If there weren't people who worshiped it obsessively, we'd still be throwing 119g play-catch Frisbees through Hula Hoops...