• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nikko Locastro's New 'Dyemax' Discs from Dynamic Discs

I have personally met Nikko and played a few holes with him. From what I saw he seemed to be pretty chill and willing to help out some no name rec. players like me and my friends.

I think its tacky to tell people what they should do or not do with things they bought with their own money.

But hey that's just me.

Whoa. Did I struck a nerve here? I already explicitly stated that it's my opinion.

I wouldn't put up discs on my wall, but I would put up posters if there are some sort of limited edition art prints relating to disc golf... If Nikko decided to release some posters relating to his disc designs, then I think I would buy one.

He seems to buzz his hair off pretty regularly. I am suprised that so many people find it a bit shocking. In the last 3 years he has buzzed or cut his hair really short 4 or 5 times that I can remember and then just lets it grow out again. Sometimes you just need a change.

I wouldn't buy those discs. From my understanding of the "dyemax" process, the designs wear off pretty easily, and I won't buy a disc that I wouldn't throw. I do my own dyes, but if I really wanted to buy disc art from somebody, I'd commission something from Dan Howard.
As far as Nikko being a stoner...he's a disc golfer, so "guilty until proven innocent."

NCStatePlaya- I think it's a reference to the movie, "A cockwork Orange"

Im a noob so im not up on everything yet but does he still throw for gateway? Just wondering that company is local to me i thought he through for them..nice disks regardless

Im a noob so im not up on everything yet but does he still throw for gateway? Just wondering that company is local to me i thought he through for them..nice disks regardless

Yes he is. He is also sponosred by DD and few others as well.

These Grateful Dead knockoffs don't fit with his image as a player IMHO, and they also contribute to the negative view that a lot of people have of disc golfers as just a bunch of corny hippies rolling around in the park smoking weed and throwing frisbees.

I guess my if my GD related tattoos are showing when I play I am solidifying the stereotype. Damn. I am going bald, does that count as a counteragent for hippieness?

OP: I want the dancing bear print

i must say that the dyemax process definitely delivers. the printed art on the disc looks even better than i could imagine. :thmbup:

this is an esp buzzz btw.

22-2.jpg

scumbag golfer nikko

wins most money out on tour

still needs you to give him money

if you don't get the reference, you lose the internet.

I have the skull design on a avenger. Looks amazing. Wasn't what I wanted to get but there were no captain america avengers when I was there. I settled on the nikko design. I don't know who thinks the dyemax wears off easily I would imagine they've never owned a dyemax disc. It's the most durable design I've ever had on a disc and I've intentionally tried to wear it earlier than natural. I'm going to get a custom disc and mini done in a few weeks. Something with chesire cat.

I wouldn't buy those discs. From my understanding of the "dyemax" process, the designs wear off pretty easily, and I won't buy a disc that I wouldn't throw. I do my own dyes, but if I really wanted to buy disc art from somebody, I'd commission something from Dan Howard.
As far as Nikko being a stoner...he's a disc golfer, so "guilty until proven innocent."

NCStatePlaya- I think it's a reference to the movie, "A cockwork Orange"

I have heard the exact opposite for dyemax, and it supposedly lasts much longer and doesn't fade like a typical dye.

If I ever get a dyed disc, I'll commission one from the many talented artists here at DGCR. Its more individually artistic, and its sure less corporate than what DD is doing. Honestly, the designs aren't that great, just like the Dead. :\

How exactly is what DD doing qualify as "corporate"? From your sig you throw innova, and a kite nonetheless so youre a hypocrite and you like kites, bad combination imo. If you truly hated the man youd be throwing home made discs, or recycled frisbees from the beach or something, lol "corporate" gtfo

I kind of understand his point about corporate. They are stamping tons of discs and selling them by the masses which kind of takes original out of it. I think they look cool but he is right, getting a disc dyed by someone on this forum would be a lot cooler.

If by corporate you mean they aren't doing them in their garage then your right. The originals you buy on here fall more in the art category for me. The DD one's fall under a stamped disc. Both have their place and kick ass either way.

They are to make money not be hung in the Louvre. It's no different than any other player fund raiser disc except these are more long term and use cooler designs that he likes. Are the Nate Doss Challengers a corporate ploy? No they're just another example of a player getting his sponsor to make a run for him that will help fund his year of touring costs. If you dig them and like the player you buy one. If not you spend your twenty bucks on a couple misprints and keep on truckin.

the art IS from one of the talented artists here at DGCR, and gigs like this help support DG artists. there's nothing rad and progressive about lowballing a hobbyist for a blurry team logo reproduction.