• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noob from DFW/Waco

WallBall1995

Hey guys,
I'm new to the forum, new to the sport. I have been playing two months almost daily with 1-2 rounds a day. Started playing as a summer hobby type deal, but it's become somewhat of an obsession. From Waco, but will be moving into the DFW area in a few weeks. So if there are any DFW guys with some tips on places to play (or avoid), I would love to hear about it all. Thanks.

Welcome to DFW (soon). It's a big place with DG from end to end. My son lives in Irving and I'm on the east end (Rowlett) so I play courses in the Mid-Cities and on my end of town. The furthest west I've gone so far is Veterans in west Arlington.

Your best bet is to use the DGCR map to avoid the "duds" and just hit everything else little by little. I've played about thirteen with WAY more to go in the eight or nine months I've been playing. There are a few "must plays" like Harry Myers on my end and others around town. I really liked the two courses down in Cedar Hill, but they are comparatively far from either my house or my son's apartment. I'm sure folks will chime in with a few of their favorites.

Again, welcome to DFW, DGCR and The Obsession.

Curtis

Hey there! Welcome! I am also new to the forum, but not new to the sport.

As Curtis said, DFW has a lot of courses to choose from. I live on the east side and play over here most of the time, but occasionally head up north into the Plano/McKinney. If you ever find time to play Harry Myers in Rockwall, you won't regret it. Probably my favorite course in this area.

I hear a lot of great things about the Harry Myers course. I'm going to be near downtown Dallas and the tollway. I think the closest park to me is Fritz which I hear is pretty good for a 9-hole.

I think the closest park to me is Fritz which I hear is pretty good for a 9-hole.

I've been meaning to try out Fritz, but if I'm in that area I'm usually playing Turner Park in Grand Prairie. I like Turner a lot and it might be quicker to get to for you since it's right off I-30.

Curtis

Hit me up if you want to play any Fort Worth area courses. I'm usually at North Park in Haltom City but I'll go all over...