• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

North Carolina Courses

No. It's open to the public. It's currently at a 4.9 rating with 20+ reviews on UDisc.

Hahaha. that's a unique troll.

True gold course if I've ever seen one. What's also funny is on my way back from Richmond last week we stopped at that Sheetz. It was dark so I didn't see any baskets. Had I known I could have bagged another course I would have taken advantage.

Hahaha. that's a unique troll.

True gold course if I've ever seen one. What's also funny is on my way back from Richmond last week we stopped at that Sheetz. It was dark so I didn't see any baskets. Had I known I could have bagged another course I would have taken advantage.

We can only hope this course gets so much attention that maybe, just maybe, UDisc will start looking at their ratings formula. I've seen plenty of us (myself, Weaver, Olorin, and more) have given this course rave reviews. The fact is rated higher than every elite course in the state shows how unhelpful UDisc's ratings actually are.

It looks like someone is a little jelly about Diavolo's high ranking in UD.
DiscGolfCraig's line about Diavolo could also be used here, "if you come in here thinking this course is the best in the state or #7 in the world based on some website's goofy algorithm/click bait-ness, you'll likely be a little disappointed."

Thanks to that Diavolo review, Ashe County has reclaimed the top spot for NC here on DGCR, by mere thousandths of a point.

Though I have had a downer of a review for Ashe County sitting in my drafts folder for months now...

Thanks to that Diavolo review, Ashe County has reclaimed the top spot for NC here on DGCR, by mere thousandths of a point.

Though I have had a downer of a review for Ashe County sitting in my drafts folder for months now...

Let's be honest, the best courses in NC are all RIP'ed, either permanently, seasonally, or somewhere in between: Sugaree, Blackjack, and the orignal Bracketts Bluff layout.

Ashe County is very unique. One of my favorite public courses. However, that water hole.... It's a lost disc from the long tee every time for me, and that was when I was a younger/throw farther man. Even from the short, it's tough to stay dry on that one, if I remember correctly.
The fact that I have good overhand shot also allows me to enjoy the Carolina blue basket pins as very unique plays. However, for many, those are perhaps unreachable pins as well.

Ashe County is very unique. One of my favorite public courses. However, that water hole.... It's a lost disc from the long tee every time for me, and that was when I was a younger/throw farther man. Even from the short, it's tough to stay dry on that one, if I remember correctly.

A suggestion Paul and something you may have thought of considering your sub-tundra location. The long pin is a hoot when the pond is frozen. Tommy's, thumber's, flaring hyzers..... you are only limited by your imagination. [emoji106][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup on the Chester State Park course. Big, big fun! For this old man's money fall and winter here is better from temp, vegetation and tick standpoint. Lot's of wax myrtle, green brier and blackberry in the rough. Staying in the fairway is a premium experience. [emoji106][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That course tried to steal my wallet. Literally. I took a dump as soon as I got there and somehow my wallet fell into the toilet as I pulled my pants up. I didn't notice it was gone until after a long walk back to hole 1. Played the round with a soaked wallet.

The course is great but the rough was brutal. Some of the thickest sapling roughs I've ever seen and they were on every hole. 100% scramble-proof.
Let's be honest, the best courses in NC are all RIP'ed, either permanently, seasonally, or somewhere in between: Sugaree, Blackjack, and the orignal Bracketts Bluff layout.
Yeah this is still more or less how I feel. I really miss the OG Brackett's layout.

A new course called Neatman Creek, in Germanton north of the Triad, has a drone fly-through posted on YouTube. I believe it's a private course, and that access will first be through invites, then events, then TBD. Looks pretty excellent.

I am going to have to figure out how to get on that loop! Here is the recent fly through of Runaway Rocks DGC. It's one of the two private courses (3 if you count the 18 hole tiki course) on my buddies property. We installed this course 3 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPkMcIwawx8

Latest posts