• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

North Carolina Courses

Yup. I enjoy HH a lot too, but last I heard a couple of months ago there were three or four baskets missing and maintenance was deficient. Not sure what's up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's super sad. I have a great memory playing all those courses in a day. Highland with that sweet open valley shot was a highlight hole. My whole card got a good pump to the green on that one. And I have a hilarious video of my totally wiped out friend just shanking it on the island green hole shortly there after.

That's super sad. I have a great memory playing all those courses in a day. Highland with that sweet open valley shot was a highlight hole. My whole card got a good pump to the green on that one. And I have a hilarious video of my totally wiped out friend just shanking it on the island green hole shortly there after.

"How many holes?"

Hahaha, what a great day, loved that course!

Have fun. Hope it's not not muddy. Let us know what you think about the course.

And, check out Cornelius Road Park 10 minutes down the road. It's a Pat Bowles (bravethrower) design.

Good morning, sir!

It took a while, but I finally made it out to Stumpy yesterday. I won't talk about how I scored...(We played it after dubs at Brackett's, so I'm gonna say that I was "tired" or some such excuse...)

Man, I LOVED that course. No hyperbole or overstatement - absolutely LOVED it. I'm such a big-fat-stoopid-head, as my sister used to maintain when we were kids.

I'll be kicking myself for a while for waiting so long to get out there.

The layout is very cool, and it was so clean and well-maintained. Nothing at all like I pictured in my head. Every single tee pad, I was like, "Damn. This is gonna be a fun hole." We all agreed that it was like a mix between Reedy Creek with much larger testicles, and RL Smith/Hornet's Nest in spots. All my favorite places...

Had an awesome time, and can't wait to go back. Nice track out there. :thmbup:

Good morning, sir!

It took a while, but I finally made it out to Stumpy yesterday. I won't talk about how I scored...(We played it after dubs at Brackett's, so I'm gonna say that I was "tired" or some such excuse...)

Man, I LOVED that course. No hyperbole or overstatement - absolutely LOVED it. I'm such a big-fat-stoopid-head, as my sister used to maintain when we were kids.

I'll be kicking myself for a while for waiting so long to get out there.

The layout is very cool, and it was so clean and well-maintained. Nothing at all like I pictured in my head. Every single tee pad, I was like, "Damn. This is gonna be a fun hole." We all agreed that it was like a mix between Reedy Creek with much larger testicles, and RL Smith/Hornet's Nest in spots. All my favorite places...

Had an awesome time, and can't wait to go back. Nice track out there. :thmbup:

Glad you liked it. It's crazy how many people in this area have never played there.

If you're ever wanting to play another overlooked course just a short drive from Charlotte, head south to play Chester State Park. It's another fantastic course.

Glad you liked it. It's crazy how many people in this area have never played there.

If you're ever wanting to play another overlooked course just a short drive from Charlotte, head south to play Chester State Park. It's another fantastic course.

Yup on the Chester State Park course. Big, big fun! For this old man's money fall and winter here is better from temp, vegetation and tick standpoint. Lot's of wax myrtle, green brier and blackberry in the rough. Staying in the fairway is a premium experience. [emoji106][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, sir. I've played there several times. I live just across the state line from Tega Cay, so for me, it's a really easy jump down 77. Takes less than 40 minutes.

It ranks among my very favorite courses. So clean, green, and serene. Took a younger friend down there for his first time, and once he saw the lake, he was transported to some childhood memory: "Dude! I've been here before! We canoed on that lake and camped over there..." Kind of a neat thing to see - his face looked like a kid's on Christmas morning. And then he proceeded to play great golf. He gave full credit to the location.

Definitely an excellent course - or set of courses, I guess.

Yes, sir. I've played there several times. I live just across the state line from Tega Cay, so for me, it's a really easy jump down 77. Takes less than 40 minutes.

It ranks among my very favorite courses. So clean, green, and serene. Took a younger friend down there for his first time, and once he saw the lake, he was transported to some childhood memory: "Dude! I've been here before! We canoed on that lake and camped over there..." Kind of a neat thing to see - his face looked like a kid's on Christmas morning. And then he proceeded to play great golf. He gave full credit to the location.

Definitely an excellent course - or set of courses, I guess.

You live in my neck of the woods.

The next courses you need to check out are the two at North Cove in Marion. They have an amazing layout. It's an easy 2 hour drive. I posted a ton of pictures of the course on my IG page (@discgolfcraig). You can thank me later.

(Played Stumpy again on Monday with my son and a couple of friends. Liked it even better the second time around. There is only one thing I don't like about it: We had to sit and chill in the shade of the outbuilding halfway back to the parking lot when we were done. :D ) It was HOT. And the elevation will wear you down after a while...

Definitely one of my favorites right now.

I added a couple of courses on here recently, both near the Crystal Coast.

Croaton High School - a pretty lengthy Nine holer, using sports field and courts fencing for obstacles, no real tee pads to speak of, but several sidewalks nearby. Worse thing about it is after the tee shot of #7, you have to walk probably 300' to an open gate, then back again, when there is a ped gate right there, that is locked. :doh:

Broad Creek Middle School - nine new DISCatchers installed with the irrigation boxes and locks, most are in a straight line by the school, then 3 others in an open field. No tees, tee signs or even #s on the baskets, so I listed as a Practice Area. This one was not even listed on that other DG website! :D

Both are right on Hwy 24, listed as Newport. So that makes 3 courses in Newport!

(Played Stumpy again on Monday with my son and a couple of friends. Liked it even better the second time around. There is only one thing I don't like about it: We had to sit and chill in the shade of the outbuilding halfway back to the parking lot when we were done. :D ) It was HOT. And the elevation will wear you down after a while...

Definitely one of my favorites right now.

Glad you love it. It's got a perfect blend of fun and challenge.

I hear there's a hidden gem in Durham.

Last thing I heard of in Durham was the shorten 9 hole version at Forest Hills Park, called the Jaunting. Played that one, a fun, quick play.

Not sure if it is still there, was just supposed to be a Temp course.

Last thing I heard of in Durham was the shorten 9 hole version at Forest Hills Park, called the Jaunting. Played that one, a fun, quick play.

I have not gone to play the Forest Hills 9. I just drove by there and there are definitely still some baskets installed. However, the baskets I could see from the road were surrounded by other park users.

If there are 9 baskets out there, I'd be shocked if you could play half of them.

Review

Honestly, the only thing it has in common with the Matt Keats Memorial tournament course is that it's in the same park. Maybe play it if you're in the area to bag another course; other than that
…*meh.

I would be surprised if the Forest Hills temp course is it. Plenty of references to that one on the local Facebook group.