• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Not sure how, but I officially broke 300ft yesterday

Midnightbiker

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I was at the practice field yesterday, and I had set up cones from 0-310ft. I marked off every 10ft past 220 with a long tape measure. My first set of drives were OK, I was hitting about 260-290, which for me is about avg.

I then started again, and I picked up my 161, beat in DX Wraith, and launched it. It seemed like it went pretty far, but I couldn't see the cones past the 200ft mark, because I had my practice basket at the 200ft mark.

I walked up to see where my discs landed. My new SL went 290, and I was happy with that, but I didn't see the Wraith. I thought "were the hell did it land" as I looked around. I looked up and I couldn't believe it. It went 5ft past the 310ft mark. I was shocked and very happy. I was sure I have thrown 300ft in the past on the course, but now I was 100% sure.

I know to most of you this dosen't sound like much, but my drives have always been the weakest part of my game. Those who have seen me play know that I can putt and approach great, but my long game is terrible. I was also very impressed with the SL and I am sure with work and practice I will be sending it over 300ft as well.

I posted this for you guys who are struggling with your drives like I am, and all I can see, is just keep working on it. In vest in some cheap soccer cones and a long tape measure, and this way you can see how you area really doing. I got a 330ft tape measure from Craig's List for $10 , and the soccer cones are 4 for $3 at Walmart.

Good 4U MB. You've been a staunch advocate of field practice and it has obviously been paying off. Now get busy working on 325'. No rest for the obsessed.

I posted this for you guys who are struggling with your drives like I am, and all I can see, is just keep working on it. In vest in some cheap soccer cones and a long tape measure, and this way you can see how you area really doing. I got a 330ft tape measure from Craig's List for $10 , and the soccer cones are 4 for $3 at Walmart.

Compared to what it was, my driving is the pits. I went from closing in on 300' to about 200' and am working my way back up. (I'm doing about 250' now.) When I practice I try to find something that's already marked. The football field at the high school works well. (For straight shots I'll try to parallel the side lines.) Also I've found a soccer field with movable practice goals. They make good targets. (Gotta have gauges and targets.)

Congrats on the 300'. A good hour practice session is worth a lot of course time. It really does help.

WTG!!!I reached 300' a couple months ago then hurt my arm. Healed it. Now I am reaching 320 on a consistent basis and I am hitting the 350 and better range on occasion. The 350' has been coming with the 160 r-pro bosses which I lost last night. :(

Congrats on the on 300'! Gotta work on my drives as well. Sounds like your strengths/weaknesses are similar to mine. I gotta keep the nose down and get that flick. hoping to hit 300 one day as well.;)

Drives I think are a pain for anyone. I'm still getting back into the swing of things with my arm.

Any ways nice going on the 300 ft mark..

Welcome to the club. I'm finally getting up to 325+ after tendinitis got me. With great power comes great responsibility though, like being responsible for not turning your Destroyer over into that pond 350' away, stupid pond! I hate that pond!

Congrats MB. I was hitting 300' consistently for a week on a football field, then some how totally lost it and now I can only get 270. :( I don't know how I lost distance but I'm tryin like crazy to find out what I'm missing and get it back.

What ever you did different to get your 300' make sure you keep doing it. :)

I took that disc I hit 300 with, to the course today and did really well with it. I threw 300 or just a little over on several holes. I am very happy with this. I know its a light , high speed disc, but it works , and that is all that matters to me.

Congrats brother, I know that you have been working on it for a while.

For those who want some practice field tips, I spent 2 hours at the practice field. Of course 10 minutes of that was laying out the distance and cones.

I warmed up with few putts on the practice basket. Then, I worked on my drives. I threw them twice, then I took a break and worked on some approach shots. I then worked on drives again, adding in my fairway drivers. I then did some more putting, resting my arm, and then I worked on my midrange and fairway shots.

After that, I took a short water break, (That's why you bring a chair or stool) and then I worked on my under-stable turnover shots. I then worked on some hyzer shots, back to putting, and finished up with a couple of more drives , and then went home.

I am glad that all your dedication is really paying dividends. I wish I had the time to be that dedicated.

For those who want some practice field tips, I spent 2 hours at the practice field. Of course 10 minutes of that was laying out the distance and cones.

I warmed up with few putts on the practice basket. Then, I worked on my drives. I threw them twice, then I took a break and worked on some approach shots. I then worked on drives again, adding in my fairway drivers. I then did some more putting, resting my arm, and then I worked on my midrange and fairway shots.

After that, I took a short water break, (That's why you bring a chair or stool) and then I worked on my under-stable turnover shots. I then worked on some hyzer shots, back to putting, and finished up with a couple of more drives , and then went home.

how many discs do you bring with you to the field?

I prefer doing this stuff on a course. There's a course near where I work that never gets crowded that has a variety of different shots so it works out pretty well. I'll play some of the holes multiple times with basically every disc in my bag working on different disc golf lines.

I prefer doing this stuff on a course. There's a course near where I work that never gets crowded that has a variety of different shots so it works out pretty well. I'll play some of the holes multiple times with basically every disc in my bag working on different disc golf lines.

and if you hit an ace on one of those shots would you count it????;):D

Latest posts