• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Nuke OS, Force, or Crush?

Nuke OS, Force, Crush

• Nuke OS

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Force

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • Crush

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ty_Ty

Birdie Member
With the Launch of the Nuke OS just days away, I'm researching which Overstable driver to buy to complete my bag.

Im a right handed sidearm thrower and love overstable drivers.
Just curious to get personal experiences with these discs to help make a decision.

crush is nothing like a force. they'll flip up. hold, and fade nice. if you put a good lean on then, yes they're over stable, but these 2 drivers are not comparable. I carry 3 of each in my bag

well, the force is pretty much the end-all overstable speed 12 driver of them all. in my approximation, it defeats the xcaliber and boss with its killer fade.

You already have every other Discraft disc in your bag. Just add 'em all! It's a bit hard to vote for a disc I've never thrown [Nuke OS] so I have to say Force...

The force for me is a faster firebird/pred. Exact same flight but a tad farther. Nukes for me are like surges/wraiths with a bigger lip. never thrown a crush.

I know nothing about the Nuke OS

the Force is very fast and overstable and would be a decent headwind distance driver

the Crush is not as fast and not as overstable although still quite stable

I have a Force in my bag that I use for headwinds and really big hyzers

I use Crushes as my general distance driver...I use ESP and X
the X are a little domier and not as stable but glide decently

bottom line the Crush is not in the same category as the Force

it seems to me that you already have an overstable driver in the Predator
it would seem that you have a lot of molds and there is likely already some overlap

Unless you throw 400' into a 20-30MPH headwind you don't need any of them. That's what these discs were designed for.

If you just need it for a Hyzer Line and left hand finish you'll be much better off working a stable driver on a Hyzer.

Pred and FB make good starter wind discs if you need one.

Edit: Just saw your bag, It's overlap city so this advice (^^^) will go unheeded...Just keep adding molds and pray your scores will go down.

Last edited:
Disc Overlap

I try to keep my bag very simple...kinda like my golf clubs...I have 13 but only use about 7.

I break my bag down pretty simple. I carry only elite z plastic at max weight to handle the torque of my side arm throws. I break it down like this:

Main Drivers:
Nuke- 1.6 - low wind open shots
Flick- 2.5 -Wind or wooded courses
Stalker- 1.1 -Backhanded drives; rare approaches

2nd Shot/Approaches:
Predator- 2.5 - some dirves, backhand, long approaches
Tracker- 1.8 - long approaches

Short Approaches:
Drone- 2.6 -sidearm only
Hornet- 2.0 -sidearm, backhand, and great roller

I try to keep my bag very simple...kinda like my golf clubs...I have 13 but only use about 7.

I break my bag down pretty simple. I carry only elite z plastic at max weight to handle the torque of my side arm throws. I break it down like this:

Main Drivers:
Nuke- 1.6 - low wind open shots
Flick- 2.5 -Wind or wooded courses
Stalker- 1.1 -Backhanded drives; rare approaches

2nd Shot/Approaches:
Predator- 2.5 - some dirves, backhand, long approaches
Tracker- 1.8 - long approaches

Short Approaches:
Drone- 2.6 -sidearm only
Hornet- 2.0 -sidearm, backhand, and great roller

with your disc choices you would love an ESP Zone

The OS is an unknown right now. I held one in March but still haven't thrown it. I'll know in the next week or so.

ahhh geeez. if you have a flick, you dont need a force or a nuke os

Yeah, I just recently got the Flick, and I'm out driving my Nuke by 30-50ft.

Nuke avg= 350ft
Flick avg = 380-400

Most of the courses here are heavily wooded and you have to thread a needle so 250 ft would be a good drive. My avg score is -5.... dang par three courses bring that down so low lol....backhand is must and not my strong point.

Lol at the people that voted for the disc that's not even out yet. They are either discraft pros or just f'ng with your poll.

Being that you mentioned playing mostly tight wooded courses I would go with the Force. I can't wait to get a couple OS for high wind open shots but IMO a wide rimmed driver in the woods is more of a poke and pray where as a force you can pick you lines with better results.
And yes... Upvoting a disc that few have held let alone thrown in funny.

Crush's can be very overstable or a little understable. there is a lot of variance with that mold. Most, in my experience, tend toward the overstable side.

^^^in my experience it is consistent with weight. if you throw max weight ones, they're a obviously way more over stable than light ones. i've had about 8 crushes over time. half light half heavy and its always the same

Crush's can be very overstable or a little understable. there is a lot of variance with that mold. Most, in my experience, tend toward the overstable side.

The Crush I carry could easily be stamped Surge and if you didn't look close you'd never know the difference. I assumed they all flew somewhat understable until I field practiced with my son's Crush. Now I know I have one of the few understables.