• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Nuke OS, Force, or Crush?

Nuke OS, Force, Crush

• Nuke OS

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Force

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • Crush

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
just curious how long you been playing Ty Ty? thats some killer distance w/ the flick :thmbup:
any reason for all discraft other than pref.?

It looks like you throw only Discraft... If I were you I'd give a Champ Max or a C-Line PD-2 if you want super beefy fast drivers, or a XG Boss is a little more overstable than a normal Boss. I throw all 3 of these discs for my longest FH drives. Expand your mind...

just curious how long you been playing Ty Ty? thats some killer distance w/ the flick :thmbup:
any reason for all discraft other than pref.?

It will be two years in July, but really didnt get into it till about a year ago. I played in three tournaments; two on the At&T Bluegrass series and one local best disc. Place First and Third in the Bluegrass, and first the in the best disc.
I was a college catcher so I use to be able to gun it, but I tore some ligaments in my elbow about 8 years ago and the build up of scar tissue makes throwing back handed very diffacult, but sidearm is pain-free and easier to control.

I have a 70-30 preference towards my side-arm game. I use a beat Z Crush for my straight line duties.

Sorry for the double post but somehow I lost some of the stuff I wanted to say.

Whoever mentioned Maxes, they are great side arm discs. I carry a CFR Max that is really stable and easy to control. You do have to throw it hard though. It can get some good D on huge flex shots, but I prefer it for straight shots that finish right with a big skip.

Somebody else mentioned the Ape and this thing can bomb. With the Max I could only get out to about 370' on a huge flex shot. On my second throw with an Ape I parked a 420' hole with a giant flex shot. The Ape is the fastest disc I have ever thrown, hands down.

With that said, it depends on what you are looking for:

Crush will eventually beat in to straight with minimal fade and is very controllable.

Max is great in the wind with predictable fade and a big skip.

Ape is great for raw distance.

Of the others on the poll, never thrown a Nuke OS and the force from my recollection is like a slower Ape.

I use an ESP Force for many big D shots on a flex or hyzer, it is my favorite fast-overstable disc. It is an absolute monster in the wind.

aj

Forces are a staple. Love em. Really curious about the Nuke OS but Z Forces and Flat Tourney Stamped ESP Forces I love.

I prefer the Surge to those discs myself. I'm supprised it wasn't an option!

a surge?! no way. 1.7 its in the same boat as the crush as far as comparing it to a force. which it doesn't

I hear ya
DGC rates the Surge at -1, 3
and the Crush at 0, 4

Joe's Flight Chart has the Surge at -1, 3.5
it lists the Crush at -.5, and 3.5

I know the Crush is allegedly inconsistent such that there are some understable versions and this may account for the -.5 rating on Joe's but none of the Crushes I've thrown have really had that level of turn
the DGC rating seems much more accurate (to me)

edit: neither a Surge nor Crush compare to a Force
the Force is in a league of it's own

but the Crush is more overstable than a Surge (which is a "duh" comment cause DC rates them as 1.8 and 1.7)

ohh. i didnt know there were other chart ratings. i share your exact thought of the crush though. i throw them and forces very very often and love them. had to bench the surge, just sold in on this site actually

+1 more for the force. It's definitely my go-to for long range predictability (rhbh). It works well for thumbers also I've seen, as well as sidearm (just not when I do it:D)
It's wind resistant characteristics path will have you grabbing it when ever you can. I'm also a fan of the way it feels in the hand but some are not. Everyone has their favorite things they look for in a driver and the force has many of them for me.
a) a nice fast but not huge wing
b) a relatively flat flight plate with a deep inner rim under it
c) overstable/wind resistant but workable right off the shelf
d) available in a variety of weight, color, and plastic
e) easy to replace if necessary.
The force covers the things important to me. So I'm sold. It will probably stay in my bag until either cant play anymore, or they stop making them (Hopefully neither any time soon)

I tried a Force as a possible replacement for the Surge, and a Crush too. I just can't get 'em out there like I can a Surge. I have been throwing the Viper lately, its a little more overstable than those other discs, but I like it! I haven't tried any Nukes yet. I don't really like the rim. I love discraft though, I'll probably get one anyway, eventualy just to play around with.