• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nutsac?

Benttreedg

So right now I am using a fade gear tourney bag. I really only carry 5-6 discs so I am thinking about switching to a Nutsac just becuase i think they look awesome and I love the Idea of a heavy duty Canvas bag. But I have a few questions for anyone who carries one.

1. The pocket on the front... is that a putter pocket or is that the pocket for your wallet, keys, etc? If the latter than is is adequate?
2. How does it carry? if i dont get the nutsac I will be getting some straps for my fade gear. Looking for something to be comfortable and easy to carry.

Also, any other input on carrying the Nutsac vs any other bag would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

The Nutsac is great light, fits 6 discs easy. I I leave it on for putting does not affect me at all. In fact I drive with it sometimes, in the cold winter I don't like to take my bag off if I don't have to. The front pocket is not for a disc at all. Keys wallet are fine, not much room there. I love this thing it helps me keep it simple and just does its job which is carrying discs.

It took forever for me to justify the price, but I finally bought one. Like already mentioned, it is so light that you can easily putt with it on. If you are playing a casual round and it seems too much trouble to take it off because you just want to keep moving, you can make most throws with it on. Six is tight, but doable, especially after it has been stretched a little from usage. Currently I carry one putter, two mids, and three drivers. The front pocket is virtually useless, especially if you are carrying six discs. Whatever bulge you may have from keys, your phone, or your wallet might get caught on a disc you are trying to get out.

It is incredibly tough and sturdy.

The best part, it takes up so little room in the car. I keep the back-ups of the six core discs from my big bag in this NutSac, making it easy to go out and get in a fun or practice round without lugging around the big bag everywhere.

True smark it is tight with 6 good point. I stretched mine so with 2 mids 2 drivers 2 putters it's still got enough room to pull the discs out and room for my keys.

I filled the bag tight 4 putters 2 wasps and 3 drivers. Soaked the bag in some water. It loosened up enuf to squeeze another driver in there. Stuck it in the laundry room filled like that and let it sit til it dried. This stretched it out enuf to be looser but this thing is canvas so it sped up the break in process.

I love my NutSac. I throw with it on at all times. I'll drive 400ft and not be effected by wearing it.The little pocket is nice for mini's, sharpies (aces and what not), keys, etc. I fit 6 discs easily, i could fit seven, but i like being able to just pull a disc out without looking.

I love it and recommend it to anyone interested.

And I barely even realize its there half the time, very comfortable.

Last edited:
I carry a small Revo bag that holds 11 disc + 2 in outer putter pocket, then carry a nutsac for an addtional 6 discs or less. The front pocket is small, fastened by 2 snaps, but keys or birdie bag it about all it will hold.

I just don't want anything on my back, too hot here, I'm happy with this arrangement. Nutsac is well made, is no worse for the wear for me. Perfect for a short course where many discs are not required.

quick question for fellow nuttles ( i know its monday)

which shoulder do you keep it on when throwing? i cannot decide my throwing shoulder or off shoulder. just wondering what has worked for ya.

1. The pocket on the front... is that a putter pocket or is that the pocket for your wallet, keys, etc? If the latter than is is adequate?
2. How does it carry? if i dont get the nutsac I will be getting some straps for my fade gear. Looking for something to be comfortable and easy to carry.

The front pocket was redesigned last year and is an inch larger than previous production runs. My NutSac front pocket carries a mini disc, leather case with 24 business cards, scorecard, two pencils, and still snaps shut easily without interferring with my discs.

When I carry an original NutSac with 6 discs, I never take it off. This is most usefull for snow or wet rounds and is a real back saver. Normally I carry a double NutSac with 8 discs and lots or room for water, towel, etc and only take it off to drive off the tee.

which shoulder do you keep it on when throwing? i cannot decide my throwing shoulder or off shoulder. just wondering what has worked for ya.

I throw RHBH and have the NutSac strap around the right side of neck with the bag hanging on my left waist which I push behind me when throwing. I keep the strap shorter than normal so that it is tighter against me because I leave it on so much.

I carry a small Revo bag that holds 11 disc + 2 in outer putter pocket, then carry a nutsac for an addtional 6 discs or less. The front pocket is small, fastened by 2 snaps, but keys or birdie bag it about all it will hold.

I just don't want anything on my back, too hot here, I'm happy with this arrangement. Nutsac is well made, is no worse for the wear for me. Perfect for a short course where many discs are not required.

You carry 2 bags??? :confused:

If you've got the extra money get the double Nutsac. I've had the single and I just purchased the double. I love it. Its basically 2 Nutsacs put together. If you only want to carry your 5 or six discs the back half of the bag folds in and snaps closed. It makes a perfect pocket for snacks, phone, keys, ect. You also get the water bottle holder on the double. I use my single for glow and I have a large Lat bag for tourneys but in all other rounds the Nutsac is where its at. It is also very comfy on the shoulder. You won't be disapointed

quick question for fellow nuttles ( i know its monday)

RHBH, I carry over the left shoulder which then hangs on my right hip, great for my right hand reaching down and grabbing my disc. When I am throwing, I readjust so that it sits against my back.

Threw you a curveball Curveball4? Yes, carry 2 and am very happy with it. I use Scorecard Pro, keep my phone in one side of Revo bag, makes it easy to get to it and keep score while walking. Or turn the Revo bag around and there's my water, not to mention easy access to my towel.

All of my kids and sons-in law use backpacks, their backs and butts are usually wet from sweat. Not me. I carry the Nutsac on my left hip and the Revo bag in front of that on same side.

I just don't want to carry a pack on my back, it works for me.

RHBH, I carry over the left shoulder which then hangs on my right hip, great for my right hand reaching down and grabbing my disc. When I am throwing, I readjust so that it sits against my back.

I have a small Timbuk2 satchel bag and I carry it in the same fashion. Picked it up for $20 at Dick's which was a steal on their sale rack. Great for quick casual rounds. It's slightly wider than the Nutsac so I can also carry a small bottle of water inside along with 3-4 drivers, 2 mids and a putter.

I know, slightly off-topic, but it doesn't hurt to explore cheaper alternatives. Timbuk2 makes excellent bags and mine has many useful pockets to boot.

I picked up a double last year, and love it. I usually drop it for drives, but wear it for the rest of the hole. I carry about 10 discs, and use the pouch for two minis. The bottle holder is nice, too. Bought a tie dye towel to complete it. I get many compliments on it, for some reason. I think it's because it doesn't look like a mylar cooler. Oh, easily fits into my suitcase for travel, too.

Latest posts