• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

O'Clock of your throw

little oz

Par Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I have found that if i want to throw to 2 o'clock, that i need to physically/mentally/visually get ready to throw at 10 or 11 o'clock. Usually works out well, but does anyone else have this issue? I'm a RHBH Grand master with a slow x-step

I'm playing this game all wrong, I guess. Unless of course there's a giant tree at 12... or OB from 6 to 3... otherwise, I am confuse.

I sometimes get a call at 2:45, and can be at a course by 3:15 to meet up.

:D

But I'm pretty sure you're talking about hand position on the disc at wind up and release. I'm no help with that at all. :(

About the only time I've applied the orientation of a clock to my throw is establishing wind direction.

Personally, if I were to think about this, it would totally screw me up. I think you just have to trust your internal timing as to when to release and let repetition work for you.

I guess after a while, you develop an instinct for where to release to obtain certain lines and how to adjust your release to fit conditions.

Not sure if I understand your question, but I always throw the same and I just turn my entire body/feet/x-step, etc, to aim the shot.