• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my logic and Mutant yesterday and got a quick couple throws in with them in the rain. The logic feels great in the hand. Slightly lower profile (think beadless link) and is laser straight out of the box with a tiny bit of stability at the end of the flight. Had one good pull on it flip up off a small hyzer. I was throwing into a 5-10 MPH headwind and it held up to it with no issue. I would call it .5 less stable than a P2 when fresh maybe .75 less. The mutant is one of the more unique hand feeling discs I have held. It has a bead on the bottom and a tiny thumb track on the top with a board flat flight plate. It feels like it was designed to fit a forehand grip like a glove. That thing is an absolute tank. Very little glide and tons of fade. I ripped it over wayyy too hard on an anny one time and it fought out the whole way. This is a disc that most people will have trouble getting over 250-280' on flat ground. Overall I know these two will be very popular discs. Check out the collectors page on facebook to see my one shot reviews and profile pictures!

we need everyone in here to raise hell about how dog**** discmanias production has been. giving limited discs to pros lmaoooooo. this is a joke right?

we need everyone in here to raise hell about how dog**** discmanias production has been. giving limited discs to pros lmaoooooo. this is a joke right?

You seem to be confused. The team always receives discs before the public so we can film reviews and share info about them before they are release. This is the norm across every manufacturer. Otherwise how would you know anything about a mold before it releases? Production is out of the hands of discmania since they source from other manufacturers. The logic and mutant will be released in a few weeks. I personally do not appreciate your negativity. If you aren't happy why do you need "everyone" upset as well? Maybe other people understand this process...

You seem to be confused. The team always receives discs before the public so we can film reviews and share info about them before they are release. This is the norm across every manufacturer. Otherwise how would you know anything about a mold before it releases? Production is out of the hands of discmania since they source from other manufacturers. The logic and mutant will be released in a few weeks. I personally do not appreciate your negativity. If you aren't happy why do you need "everyone" upset as well? Maybe other people understand this process...

maybe the weasels should release discs. these will release as limited run with a $25 price and they wont be available for 6 months. keep drinkin the kool aid though

Primal first runs might be ~$20 but the stock first runs for the Evolution line are pretty big and consistent in the pricing (~$17 for premium Neo, ~$12 for mid grade Exo) and release at the same time. Price points for Active line are a little less. DM is hitting the more accessible non-collector & new player markets with the non-Originals lines. Usually when I see the DM testers posting videos for stock stamped unreleased discs they release within the month.

I expect most of the Originals molds being put in 'retirement' and only see them in special edition runs with no new molds being added to that line from now on. A prioritized rotation of their most popular ~10 Originals for stock runs (P2, MD3, MD4, FD, FD2, FD3, CD2, PD, PD2, DD3).

maybe the weasels should release discs. these will release as limited run with a $25 price and they wont be available for 6 months. keep drinkin the kool aid though

Again you seem confused...the kool aid tastes great to me though thank you.

I expect most of the Originals molds being put in 'retirement' and only see them in special edition runs with no new molds being added to that line from now on. A prioritized rotation of their most popular ~10 Originals for stock runs (P2, MD3, MD4, FD, FD2, FD3, CD2, PD, PD2, DD3).

This is sort of my fear. The only two Discmania discs that I bag right now are the P2 and the FD and I probably have enough to last me for quite some time but I like everything in my bag to be easy to replace whenever I need or want to.

I can easily replace my P2's because I am only putting with them and there are other putters out there that are "close enough" that I can get by without them.

The FD on the other hand is much harder for me to replace. I've tried just about everything out there and (for me) nothing matches the combination of feel in my hand, flight, confidence I get from throwing it.

This is sort of my fear. The only two Discmania discs that I bag right now are the P2 and the FD and I probably have enough to last me for quite some time but I like everything in my bag to be easy to replace whenever I need or want to.

I can easily replace my P2's because I am only putting with them and there are other putters out there that are "close enough" that I can get by without them.

The FD on the other hand is much harder for me to replace. I've tried just about everything out there and (for me) nothing matches the combination of feel in my hand, flight, confidence I get from throwing it.

The logic will be a great P2 fill in (slightly smaller and a little less stable) and the magician is actually a good FD replacement option.

The logic will be a great P2 fill in (slightly smaller and a little less stable) and the magician is actually a good FD replacement option.

fd-at-home.jpg

If I'm throwing FDs, I'm throwing FDs. If I'm throwing P2s, I'm throwing P2s. No amount of in-house hype is going to convince me to switch just because it's the same (*arguably) company making them. They're not the same disc. You might as well switch to a Luna that will actually have resell value down the line. It honestly bums me out that that's the direction the Originals line is heading.
Luckily I have enough 1st run PDs and 2nd run FDs to last until my body gives out. Can't say the same for TDs though.

I don't throw any Discmania currently. Actually haven't ever really. I find it kind of odd though how people trash the durability, or everything actually, about Trilogy plastics on here. But not a word is said about Discmania being molded by Lat64. Maybe Casey was right about withholding the good plastic pellets from DD....:popcorn:

I don't throw any Discmania currently. Actually haven't ever really. I find it kind of odd though how people trash the durability, or everything actually, about Trilogy plastics on here. But not a word is said about Discmania being molded by Lat64 starting in 2020. Maybe Casey was right about withholding the good plastic pellets from DD....:popcorn:

FIFY Because all originals were Innova plastic. I like Trilogy plastic. I actually like Prodigy plastic best (limited experience) and Gstar.

If I'm throwing FDs, I'm throwing FDs. If I'm throwing P2s, I'm throwing P2s. No amount of in-house hype is going to convince me to switch just because it's the same (*arguably) company making them. They're not the same disc. You might as well switch to a Luna that will actually have resell value down the line. It honestly bums me out that that's the direction the Originals line is heading.
Luckily I have enough 1st run PDs and 2nd run FDs to last until my body gives out. Can't say the same for TDs though.

I am just throwing out options. I never said they were direct replacements in fact I stated that the logic is smaller and less stable. I still bag both FDs and P2s and probably always will because I have plenty of back ups. Sorry for giving people options :confused:

Anyone know of viable flat topMD4 alternatives. Was thinking of trying an infinite ra?

If you can deal with a bead the Roc3 is similar in my opinion. I'm not familiar with the Infinite discs so not sure about the Ra.

(I looked at Infinite and apparently the Ra is beaded as well so maybe it's their version of a Roc3?)

No particular comment to answer directly to but since many folks are growing antsy and frustrated with recent releases, let's chat. The Eagle signing session needed to be limited to a very specific number of discs. That's a very grueling task to sign that many discs and we need to make sure that Eagle isn't required to over-do it.

Kyle Klein ROTY Origin release is in similar volume to Triumph ones (300). These are agreed upon numbers and don't have the opportunity to change. Plus, it's a good opportunity to test the website and gather data from it.

We need to always strive to make sure our team members receive new discs to test out and give feedback as soon as possible. Hopefully non-team members or aspiring ones can understand that.

Actual releases are coming soon. Hang in there! Don't get too caught up on recent small, yet transparent limited releases. Soon enough you'll begin to see many items arriving in full force along with other special things to look forward to. Mutant, Logic, Tilt among the first to be released. Hopefully having plenty of Evolution stock products always accessible lately has been a nice change. This year will continue to get better little by little

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts