• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No particular comment to answer directly to but since many folks are growing antsy and frustrated with recent releases, let's chat. The Eagle signing session needed to be limited to a very specific number of discs. That's a very grueling task to sign that many discs and we need to make sure that Eagle isn't required to over-do it.

Kyle Klein ROTY Origin release is in similar volume to Triumph ones (300). These are agreed upon numbers and don't have the opportunity to change. Plus, it's a good opportunity to test the website and gather data from it.

We need to always strive to make sure our team members receive new discs to test out and give feedback as soon as possible. Hopefully non-team members or aspiring ones can understand that.

Actual releases are coming soon. Hang in there! Don't get too caught up on recent small, yet transparent limited releases. Soon enough you'll begin to see many items arriving in full force along with other special things to look forward to. Mutant, Logic, Tilt among the first to be released. Hopefully having plenty of Evolution stock products always accessible lately has been a nice change. This year will continue to get better little by little

just release god damn stock runs. thats all we care about

Kind of strange that Discmanias top selling players Simon and Eagle basicly only bag disc you can´t buy

I couldn´t find a single disc from their bags in stock.

Looks like Discmania is pushing the Lat64 made disc hard. . but thier top pros dont throw them, strange

Looks like Discmania is pushing the Lat64 made disc hard. . but thier top pros dont throw them, strange

I get that their sponsored players kind of have a responsibility to hype the new discs but I have always found it amusing that they post videos saying how awesome a disc is but you never see them bagging it.

I seem to remember Simon throwing the Method in a video and saying how much he loved it but fairly certain you'll see him still throwing his glow MD4's out on the course. I believe Eagle was hyping up the Enigma in a video when it was released but he continues to bomb DD3's.

Sadly, because of the spotty availability of the Innova made Discmania stuff I'm working my way towards weeding it out of my bag and just sticking to discs from companies that actually manufacture discs.

You guys have to remember that #1 they have plenty of back ups of the originals molds at their disposal and #2 they have been throwing those molds for many years. The new evolution molds are great but it is hard to beat some of the originals. I personally bag the enigma, tactic, logic, and tactic.

TLDR if it ain't broke don't fix it.

You guys have to remember that #1 they have plenty of back ups of the originals molds at their disposal and #2 they have been throwing those molds for many years. The new evolution molds are great but it is hard to beat some of the originals. I personally bag the enigma, tactic, logic, and tactic.

Do you prefer the new molds over the originals? Or do you throw the new molds AND the originals?

Yes THEY have backups. . but a normal discgolfer can´t buy the originals.

Simons and Eagles jobs are in a way to sell discs. . .but if a young new player that really like Simon and wants to throw a few of the same discs he does just can´t.

I 100% understan WHY Simon likes his discs. . but from a marketing perspective i would be smart of him to bag a few molds that people could actually buy.

I had a stack of GLOW MD3 and MD4s in my bag today and got crazy bids for them. . Discgolf is strange at the moment

I've got to imagine that innova makes more money on selling their own molds and is focusing they're efforts there, rather than running Discmania molds which are less profitable for them.

I 100% understan WHY Simon likes his discs. . but from a marketing perspective i would be smart of him to bag a few molds that people could actually buy.

You mean like how each of them have said they're throwing the Logic, Mutant, etc. even though they've barely even had a chance to test one out (and they've done it in years past with the Method, Instinct, etc)? That is their marketing and sales pitch right there.

Pro's throwing old runs that aren't available anymore isn't something exclusive to Discmania. Sexton is still throwing '15 Firebirds, Barsby is throwing Eagle's that are 12+ years old, etc. The list goes on and on and can be said for basically any brand.

Anyone know of viable flat topMD4 alternatives. Was thinking of trying an infinite ra?

I have a couple metal flake c-blends. I really like them. Beaded and board flat. Definitely more OS than a Roc3. Never thrown an MD4, so I can't really compare. The Ra is a nice disc though.

You mean like how each of them have said they're throwing the Logic, Mutant, etc. even though they've barely even had a chance to test one out (and they've done it in years past with the Method, Instinct, etc)? That is their marketing and sales pitch right there.

Pro's throwing old runs that aren't available anymore isn't something exclusive to Discmania. Sexton is still throwing '15 Firebirds, Barsby is throwing Eagle's that are 12+ years old, etc. The list goes on and on and can be said for basically any brand.

Eagle frequently threw two new Discmania offerings, I believe they were the Splice and the Mutant, during the DDO. I wouldn't be shocked if the Mutant was his first or second most used disc (outside of his putting putter).

Do you prefer the new molds over the originals? Or do you throw the new molds AND the originals?

I enjoy both. The enigma fills a gap that the originals line never had. Same with the tactic and mutant. The logic is probably the best neutral putter off the tee I have ever thrown. I have thrown it a total of maybe 50 times and already feel like I can trust it to do ANYTHING. It would take a lot for me to unbag MD3s, FD3s, Cd2s, and PD2s.

Yes THEY have backups. . but a normal discgolfer can´t buy the originals.

Simons and Eagles jobs are in a way to sell discs. . .but if a young new player that really like Simon and wants to throw a few of the same discs he does just can´t.

I had a stack of GLOW MD3 and MD4s in my bag today and got crazy bids for them. . Discgolf is strange at the moment

Their real job is to play the best disc golf they can play. Leave it to the media team and lower ranking players to build hype around new molds. If Simon and Eagle were to switch to all new molds and their games declined then all the posts here would be asking why in the world they did that lets be real.

The logic is probably the best neutral putter off the tee I have ever thrown. I have thrown it a total of maybe 50 times and already feel like I can trust it to do ANYTHING.

That's how I feel about the Tiger Warrior/Sensei. It goes dead straight, no matter how much power I give it (or don't give it). I used to like the P1X for straight shots, but it did not handle power well if I wanted to throw it over 175'.

How does the Logic compare to the TW/Sensei in your opinion?

That's how I feel about the Tiger Warrior/Sensei. It goes dead straight, no matter how much power I give it (or don't give it). I used to like the P1X for straight shots, but it did not handle power well if I wanted to throw it over 175'.

How does the Logic compare to the TW/Sensei in your opinion?

They are similar in flight but the logic feels much better in the hand. My TW got beat in pretty quick and became a little unpredictable. I feel like the logic will be more reliable.

Kind of strange that Discmanias top selling players Simon and Eagle basicly only bag disc you can´t buy

Its really not too strange in my eyes. For some its more about the feel of the plastic over what the disc flies like. I have stuck primarily with Innova and a little bit of discraft over the years because I like their plastic the most. The lat and yikun plastic is way to sticky and tacky across the board for all their plastics, so I could see others being like myself and staying away from them. The discs themselves arent bad, the plastic is. IMO

Players get really used to how a disc feels and flies...they want to stick with what they know works for them. I know he's not with Discmania, but Paul Ulibarri mentioned in a video how he has gone online and bought several discs of a certain run because he knows how they fly. Simon, Eagle, and others are the same way...you get comfortable with a disc and that's all you want to use for certain shots; then it becomes worthwhile to stick with that even if you have to pay the bucks to get one.

Discmania Support Reply

just release god damn stock runs. thats all we care about

Just about every single Active and Evolution disc has been in stock online in full force for quite some time now. We're hopeful that Originals will begin to return again soon.

The ones you are seeing have yet to be released and will be soon. Mutant is among the first, for example. This would be similar to people knowing about the new iPhone for the year well ahead of time so they get all the info needed and it's released later. :)

Just about every single Active and Evolution disc has been in stock online in full force for quite some time now. We're hopeful that Originals will begin to return again soon.

The ones you are seeing have yet to be released and will be soon. Mutant is among the first, for example. This would be similar to people knowing about the new iPhone for the year well ahead of time so they get all the info needed and it's released later. :)

Why only "hopeful"? Is there some luck involved? Litigation? I was thinking it should be an active business decision. "Hey Larry, take the Tactic and Essence off, and run the P2s and FDs this week."

Why only "hopeful"? Is there some luck involved? Litigation? I was thinking it should be an active business decision. "Hey Larry, take the Tactic and Essence off, and run the P2s and FDs this week."

I'm not sure it plays out like that since Innova makes the p2's and FD's while Lat64 makes the tactics and essence.

If it's like pretty much every other industry on the planet right now it's probably more like "Hey Larry, I just got word from Innova that they're working on August 2020 orders now so those P2's and FD's we ordered should be arriving soon."

Heck the bike shop down the street has just started receiving the bikes to fulfil their customer orders from April 2020.

People have absolutely no grasp on production demands right now if they think any company in any industry is sitting around right now going "nah, lets not make those, we've got demand but forget it the demand to buy our product will go away if we wait long enough"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts