• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone tossing the Enigma around at all?

I took my DD3 out of my bag in lieu of the vapor Enigma run. For my 360' of power, the Enigma is a little less beef for my arm speed. I still prefer the DD3 for FH's, but the Engima definitely gives me the most control/distance for a driver when thrown BH.

Anyone tossing the Enigma around at all? Went to a shop I really like to support the few times per year I'd get to this area and they had a couple of Enigmas and just about only Champ Destroyers and domey AF Firebirds otherwise so I grabbed one to support the shop.

Feels like a D2, and thought that I may do a video with it and a couple of other similar drivers.

I bag vapor enigmas as my max distance or hyzer flip distance driver. They are great discs for tight wooded shots. I have found that they like to hold turn if ripped on an anny which gets me every now and again but I love them.

I bag vapor enigmas as my max distance or hyzer flip distance driver. I have found that they like to hold turn if ripped on an anny which gets me every now and again but I love them.

I've found the same. Reminds me more of my CD3's than my DD3's in that regard.

I've found the same. Reminds me more of my CD3's than my DD3's in that regard.

Yes definitely more CD3 than DD3. I naturally release shots on hyzer so they have actually taken a lot of shots away from my DD3 lately. For my next trick I want to learn hyzer flip forehands with them I feel like they will absolutely bomb.

Saw the new Splice went on sale at 9 a.m.

Looked at 9:02 and they were sold out.

Kudos to Discmania for being able to sell out of the Evolution line discs pretty much instantly.

How does vapor compare to neo in terms of stability and durability?

slightly less stable and maybe slightly less durable

Vapor is Fuzion / Gold Line (Star equivalent)
Neo is Lucid / Opto (Champion equivalent)

I will say that if you are a fan of the old school opaque Lucid / Opto plastics (like from when Truths were first released) then a lot of the Neo will appeal.

It has the same kind of swirly opaqueness of that older run rather than the "newer" translucent / transparent type appearance.

slightly less stable and maybe slightly less durable

Vapor is Fuzion / Gold Line (Star equivalent)
Neo is Lucid / Opto (Champion equivalent)

I will say that if you are a fan of the old school opaque Lucid / Opto plastics (like from when Truths were first released) then a lot of the Neo will appeal.

It has the same kind of swirly opaqueness of that older run rather than the "newer" translucent / transparent type appearance.

Thanks for that. I have a few neo discs, and was sorta hoping the vapor would be a little more stable but I managed to scoop a Triumph Splice so that will fill the slot and pair nicely if I also snag a Piironen Instinct. My wallet is the only thing that doesn't pair nicely :D

This is very accurate. Every product in the world is in high demand. It just feels closer to the heart for it to also include golf discs. The world will be in good order some day but every industry right now is experiencing plenty of hurdles to overcome, regardless of the products they create or sell.

Tough questions for sure. The best answer we can give is that we'll release the most accurate information to give as soon as we have it. Getting Originals back in stock has and always be a top priority

Uh-oh. Perhaps the business decision of getting Originals back in stock has been made?

attachment.php

Attachments

• B1BD94CB-6B06-4533-A176-F61E49A29D4E.jpg
    B1BD94CB-6B06-4533-A176-F61E49A29D4E.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 190
maybe, maybe not? honestly a little hard for me to tell haha

Right? Like enough with the secrecy. If they are cutting ties with Innova and OOP'ing the Originals line, just say that. Why hint at things and say there will be an announcement on the 21st? Like either say what it is NOW or wait until the 21st to say anything... ugh. Can you tell im frustrated? lol :doh::doh::wall::wall:

This makes me really sad and i don't throw any Discmania. Does Discmania own the molds for there Originals line or do the just pay Innova to mold them and they have "exclusive" rights to those molds? What i mean is, could they take the molds to someone else?

This makes me really sad and i don't throw any Discmania. Does Discmania own the molds for there Originals line or do the just pay Innova to mold them and they have "exclusive" rights to those molds? What i mean is, could they take the molds to someone else?

If Discmania owned them, Lat64 would be pumping out the originals line now over literally every Trilogy mold. I bet Innova didn't take too kindly to DM partnering with other companies to mold their discs. Whether it's originals or active or evolution. It's still Discmania. It seems like they bit the hand that fed them, and that bit them in the ass.

If Discmania owned them, Lat64 would be pumping out the originals line now over literally every Trilogy mold. I bet Innova didn't take too kindly to DM partnering with other companies to mold their discs. Whether it's originals or active or evolution. It's still Discmania. It seems like they bit the hand that fed them, and that bit them in the ass.

Or, Discmania asked Innova to do production from original molds that Discmania owns and Innova declined. Or Discmania needed more production or the original line and Innova gave them the runaround. Or, who knows.

Unless you have actual knowledge of what happened, speculation is just that.

Or, Discmania asked Innova to do production from original molds that Discmania owns and Innova declined. Or Discmania needed more production or the original line and Innova gave them the runaround. Or, who knows.

Unless you have actual knowledge of what happened, speculation is just that.

We'll find out a week from Tomorrow on the 21st, right?

We'll find out a week from Tomorrow on the 21st, right?

We'll find out something on the 21st. It might just be an announcement about future production, without too much emphasis on why.

I think what we will get is a version of the story that Discmania chooses to tell, and then Innova will tell some version of the story, and then people will argue about what the "truth" actually is. To some extent, both versions are likely to be partially true, and from a certain perspective.

Whether we ever get anything past that? Who knows. It also depends on whether there will be any ongoing relationship between Innova and Discmania. I have no idea if they are announcing limited future availability, unknown future availability, or some sort of complete break between the brands.

We'll find out something on the 21st. It might just be an announcement about future production, without too much emphasis on why.

I think what we will get is a version of the story that Discmania chooses to tell, and then Innova will tell some version of the story, and then people will argue about what the "truth" actually is. To some extent, both versions are likely to be partially true, and from a certain perspective.

Whether we ever get anything past that? Who knows. It also depends on whether there will be any ongoing relationship between Innova and Discmania. I have no idea if they are announcing limited future availability, unknown future availability, or some sort of complete break between the brands.

Discmania could have a strong future without Originals if Simon and Eagle will change their bag enough. Because the next speculation discussion will revolve around sponsorships.

I seriously doubt that Discmania will drop the Original line. I'm guessing the announcement is about when they are estimating getting originals back in production

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts