• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They sold out 8500 2pacs in 14min?!?, how is that possible?

It was 10k... And then they dropped 7k more whenever it got down to 800 remaining. All to be gone after about 15-16 minutes.

Crazy how the most popular putter in the world that hasn't been made in over a year can sell once you finally make a few :D

So yeah, 34k-ish P2's sold in the US at retail, plus whatever Europe got. Things are looking good for Discmania now.

Wonder if we ever will get to a point where you can buy what you want when you want it again. . .

In Sweden, could you drive to the factory and browse around?? Worth a try.

That factory is WAY north in Sweden. . i have never been that far north.
Sweden is one of those wierd countries where just 10% of the population lives in the north 50% of the Country

But the factory is far enough north in Sweden to be close to Finland

Wonder if we ever will get to a point where you can buy what you want when you want it again. . .

I don't think that this is Discmania's business model.

Based on past experience, I would not be surprised to see a continuation of the feast or famine, building up the hype, and selling runs of discs instantly at double prices, and with lots of profit. As long as the hype trains keeps going, it works.

I don't think that this is Discmania's business model.

Based on past experience, I would not be surprised to see a continuation of the feast or famine, building up the hype, and selling runs of discs instantly at double prices, and with lots of profit. As long as the hype trains keeps going, it works.

I disagree. I think that feast or famine business model was a product of being at the whims of Innova production. So of course they would hype their signature discs, and then Innova only makes 3000 so they sell out instantly.

With their own production, I see their signature discs being like this P2 drop where they sell out, but I think they will have a continuous stream of stock discs being produced until their numbers level out and they can be in stores regularly.

So is OO (Original Originals) the appropriate way to refer to the Innova molder discs now? Seems like a good abbreviation to me. OO P2, OO FD, etc. :D

I would go with referring to the Innova molded Discmania discs as PM's (pre manufacturing) because we all know anything with the PM moniker will sell like hot cakes.

I would go with referring to the Innova molded Discmania discs as PM's (pre manufacturing) because we all know anything with the PM moniker will sell like hot cakes.

I was thinking about that moniker today, and how to fit in with 'PFN'
Pre
Factory
iN sweden

Normal

I was thinking about that moniker today, and how to fit in with 'PFN'
Pre
Factory
iN sweden

Normal

yeah, but aren't there some pre flight number DM discs? I like the idea, but am afraid it would just get too confusing. Maybe PS, Pre Sweden.

It is pretty cool, but it's also drifted pretty far, the last 100 or so posts would've been far more pertinent to the DM splits with Innova thread, than the "ask discmania" thread, although I realize DM doesn't actually post here all that often.

It is pretty cool, but it's also drifted pretty far, the last 100 or so posts would've been far more pertinent to the DM splits with Innova thread, than the "ask discmania" thread, although I realize DM doesn't actually post here all that often.

Ok, heres a question for Discmania:

How did you decide on the 5 discs you were going to produce? I'm assuming it was based on sales, but it must also have to do with the Signature series discs.

Are you planning on making a Night Strike 4? If so, do you plan on creating your own blend of Color Glow C-Line? (The original color glow is my absolute favorite plastic from any company, ever).

Status
Not open for further replies.