• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another question for Discmania. I know this is WAY down on the priority list, but once you have a healthy stock of Originals on the market, do you think we'll ever see a beadless, slightly understable putt and approach disc?

I bag a Deputy in Classic Blend and Lucid plastic because neither Innova or Discmania have a disc that feels right for me. I've tried the D-line and S-line P1x, but I just don't like beads. I do hope to beat something stable into the ultra straight flight I get from the Lucid Deputy, but I prefer premium plastic due to the rocky courses I play on. If I were designing the disc, I'd want something slightly slower than the Deputy to reduce the tiny bit of dump at the very end of the flight on shorter shots. It flies pretty fast and can sometimes overlap with my MD. Maybe in 2023 my dream will come true...

Are you planning on making a Night Strike 4? If so, do you plan on creating your own blend of Color Glow C-Line? (The original color glow is my absolute favorite plastic from any company, ever).

Nate Perkins has confirmed that a NS4 is coming and that he's excited because no DM series has every gone past a third version. However, his mystery boxes that he sold at the beginning of the season also had a note in them saying that no color glow FD will ever be produced again. Obviously that could all change now, but that's just the info that's been publicly made so far to my knowledge.

Here's another question for Discmania. I know this is WAY down on the priority list, but once you have a healthy stock of Originals on the market, do you think we'll ever see a beadless, slightly understable putt and approach disc?

This. So much this. I'd love a truly understable putter out of the box. Something that just slowly goes right on the first throw out of the box would be amazing.

Discmania Support Reply

Wonder if we ever will get to a point where you can buy what you want when you want it again. . .

2022 for sure. The remainder of this year will still bring a ton of new products but since everything will be so new, it's just bound to happen. We'll be silently working in the background to bring the heat next year. It just takes time.

I don't think that this is Discmania's business model.

Based on past experience, I would not be surprised to see a continuation of the feast or famine, building up the hype, and selling runs of discs instantly at double prices, and with lots of profit. As long as the hype trains keeps going, it works.

Oh they're coming. Remember that quote from Pineapple Express where the crime lord says "We shall strike tonight, with full force"

Ok, heres a question for Discmania:

How did you decide on the 5 discs you were going to produce? I'm assuming it was based on sales, but it must also have to do with the Signature series discs.

Are you planning on making a Night Strike 4? If so, do you plan on creating your own blend of Color Glow C-Line? (The original color glow is my absolute favorite plastic from any company, ever).

It won't just end at five total, though, just the five we've promised to be released this year. P2, MD3, PD, DD3, FD.

There's always plans for new signature discs :). Name potentially TBD but we've got you covered.

I bag a Deputy in Classic Blend and Lucid plastic because neither Innova or Discmania have a disc that feels right for me. I've tried the D-line and S-line P1x, but I just don't like beads. I do hope to beat something stable into the ultra straight flight I get from the Lucid Deputy, but I prefer premium plastic due to the rocky courses I play on. If I were designing the disc, I'd want something slightly slower than the Deputy to reduce the tiny bit of dump at the very end of the flight on shorter shots. It flies pretty fast and can sometimes overlap with my MD. Maybe in 2023 my dream will come true...

How about the Logic?

An US putter from Discmania?, i dont think that will happen...Discmania dont do US putters and mids (and only super US fairway and drivers)

I feel a little silly admiting this, but I am worried sick every time I throw my D-Line FD at this point. It's a magical disc that I can flip on wacky lines, low power, easy rollers from bad lies, etc etc etc. I would have bought 10 of em last time I restocked if I had any idea the drought we'd be in. Do you have any plans to have baseline versions of some of these molds? I also love my D-Line MDs. What are the chances we get some kind of baseline Origin or other neutral mid?

Question for Discmania:

Once you get the new operation up and running, are you likely to make drivers in the 150-162 gram range? I have bagged quite a few Discmania discs over the years (S-FD, S-CD, S-PD, P-PD, S-CD2, etc.), but when I switched to lighter drivers it became difficult or impossible to find discs at my preferred weight.

Thanks!

I would also like to know if P3x will be available in 2022? And if it will be available with stiffest d-line plastic and c-line or s-line plastic?

There's always plans for new signature discs :). Name potentially TBD but we've got you covered.

OK, thanks for the hints. Honestly, the color glow FDs are some of the best discs ever made in my opinion. Hopefully whatever you are planning can compete. I'm just glad I have a couple backups for my NS3!

I feel a little silly admiting this, but I am worried sick every time I throw my D-Line FD at this point. It's a magical disc that I can flip on wacky lines, low power, easy rollers from bad lies, etc etc etc. I would have bought 10 of em last time I restocked if I had any idea the drought we'd be in. Do you have any plans to have baseline versions of some of these molds? I also love my D-Line MDs. What are the chances we get some kind of baseline Origin or other neutral mid?

Pretty sure I got a Geo Origin in one of my mystery boxes, but I could be mixing that up with a Method.

Discmania Support Reply

The Geo Essence is probably what you need for sure. These are available in both Europe and US.

Question for Discmania:

Once you get the new operation up and running, are you likely to make drivers in the 150-162 gram range? I have bagged quite a few Discmania discs over the years (S-FD, S-CD, S-PD, P-PD, S-CD2, etc.), but when I switched to lighter drivers it became difficult or impossible to find discs at my preferred weight.

Thanks!

It will definitely remain a goal to get weights in this neighborhood but even in 2022 we're not certain it will happen. 165-169g weights should always be an option for now, though.

I would also like to know if P3x will be available in 2022? And if it will be available with stiffest d-line plastic and c-line or s-line plastic?

Difficult to say. Most likely not the case in 2022

if all the P2s they have made so far sold out in 14min and they said that the machine would not stop to make P2s until the demand was meet. . . .

well then when will they have time to do anything else but P2s ?

Obviously I wouldn't expect it any time soon but I would eventually love to see some P3X's. Not sure if they're big enough sellers for Discmania but they've always been high on my list of favorite putters off the tee. They'll handle a strong shot off the tee with a reliable finish but aren't as beefy as something like a Zone or Harp.

tenor.gif

Hey Discmania person:

How long till I can get my hands on a Mutant? My Eagle Splice is getting here today :) All I need is the Mutant and my OS slots will be taken care of!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts