• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started a post to find an alternative to my GM gremlin as my stash is running low.

Receiving many suggestions, but the obvious question and to save me the trouble of replacing a staple in my bag for more than 20 years....

What are chances of producing the GM again?

(Hopefully soon, I'm 60 and skills are diminishing fast.)

I'd say slim to none. You can find them reasonably priced for an out of production disc ($20-35) on some of the Facebook groups if you ask around. Ill take a look and see if I have one kicking around.

Started a post to find an alternative to my GM gremlin as my stash is running low.

Receiving many suggestions, but the obvious question and to save me the trouble of replacing a staple in my bag for more than 20 years....

What are chances of producing the GM again?

(Hopefully soon, I'm 60 and skills are diminishing fast.)

I highly doubt the GM will be produced again. I would look into mind benders, midnight prowl 2s, or possibly a base plastic method if you want to stick to DM.

They recently did a survey asking for input on a subscription service, perhaps that's what Stratosphere is?

Hard to say. I did do their survey. Hopefully they take a hint and maybe focus a little more on stock runs of discs.

I ordered 2 MPIIs online and they arrived today.

I know it's early in the release (all of 1 day) but has anyone had a chance to throw a MPII?

It's full winter here in Calgary (-15C today and a bunch of snow (although it will be +2 to +4 over the next few days) so I won't be throwing these until spring (I'm in winter bag mode which is GStar and K1 Soft stuff) but I'm curious about the flight.

More HSS than a regular Origin?
Usually the Meta type plastic results in a "more stable" version of a mold.

I know it's early in the release (all of 1 day) but has anyone had a chance to throw a MPII?

It's full winter here in Calgary (-15C today and a bunch of snow (although it will be +2 to +4 over the next few days) so I won't be throwing these until spring (I'm in winter bag mode which is GStar and K1 Soft stuff) but I'm curious about the flight.

I've only watched videos of MPII, and they seem slightly less stable than NEO origins (that I do throw). The breast cancer metal flake FD is also slightly less stable than C-lineFD, so it probably … depends…

Cant remember what a Neo Origin was like for me, but first throw with MP2 pretty much put it into the bag for me. 85% snap and goes dead straight, doesnt want to meet the ground at all with that glide, miniscule little fade at the end. Anhyzer stays on that angle forever. Real nice point and shoot type disc.

Cant remember what a Neo Origin was like for me, but first throw with MP2 pretty much put it into the bag for me. 85% snap and goes dead straight, doesnt want to meet the ground at all with that glide, miniscule little fade at the end. Anhyzer stays on that angle forever. Real nice point and shoot type disc.

Very nice! The glide on Origins is pretty ridiculous, for sure. They feel like 'cheater' discs with low power throws. Real good to hear this Midnight Prowl 2 run is solid.

I can second the fact that the MP2 is insanely glidey. First few throws with them went 30-40' further than I was intending. Throwing them like a putter is a trip. Powered up they have gentle turn. Easy hyzer flip. Holds a turn forever. They are quite finnicky in medium to high wind though. Where my mindbender would turn slightly more the MP2 would turn and burn. I never really clicked with the origin but these MP2 are going to have me messing with them all winter long.

Does anybody switch putters or putter plastic when winter rolls in? Been putting with standard flex 2 P2s and was thinking about trying the flex 1s for extra grip in the cold. Or maybe even rainmakers?

Does anybody switch putters or putter plastic when winter rolls in? Been putting with standard flex 2 P2s and was thinking about trying the flex 1s for extra grip in the cold. Or maybe even rainmakers?

Nope. I like firm putters. Been waiting forever for flex3 P2s (or P1s?) I didn't want to go all in with creator series Rainmakers, which are Flex3.

It's definitely worth trying and seeing how it works for you, especially if you have a spin type putt. I usually use the same mold in softer plastic as a thrower, and I'll find myself using that disc on putts more frequently during the wintertime. That's coming from someone who lives in a place where 50-60 degrees Fahrenheit is "cold".

On a related note, I think the flex 2 P1s have better grip than the plastic that was used on the first stock run of the Swedish P2. Similarly, the more recent Swedish P2s appear to have more grip as well, so you might try a P1 or a new P2 for some added grip with the same level of stiffness.

I've only watched videos of MPII, and they seem slightly less stable than NEO origins (that I do throw). The breast cancer metal flake FD is also slightly less stable than C-lineFD, so it probably … depends…

I have found the metal flake FD to be slightly more stable than the C-Line.
Not contradicting you, just another data point.

What are you hoping comes out of the mystery boxes? I'd love to see a premium logic and the new distance driver to be a bit more slower arm friendly than the dd3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts