• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling the X Line Will be available Tuesday after the free minis are done. Just going to have to keep ordering stuff over and over!

Looks like I'll be making 3 separate orders as they release (please be soon) (please snow go away):
X Line P2s
S Line CD2s (production stamps)
S Line DDx

hey discmania, I love how the factory store lists the runs and intricacies of different runs. Ever consider marking the different runs somehow like millenium does?

D-Line P3s

Hello, I have been trying to find some non-first run d-line P3's but they seem to be pretty elusive these days. Wondering when there might be a new production? Would love some stiff P plastic also.

I've missed you all!

First of all – So sorry on the delay again guys! I might have to start looking for more help to answer more questions for you guys…

Y'all are rad. DM lifer.

Thank You! We think our fans are the best!

:hfive: 2016 is going to be a crazy year with tours and new things to fill voids in our life.

Yeah, that's why I have been having an incredibly hard time getting back to you guys. How excited are you for the first DGWT event?

Your first response made me lol. you can't fill the void that is the cold forum ranting Michigan winters!

Sadly even as a discmaniac I have too many gators\firechuckens\rhynos to ever think about realistically bagging md4/p4 etc. I would just enjoy seeing DM answer to some of the mention slots.

Pretty neat about the cd2.

I hope it's clear that I'm just trying to stir discussion, not rag on, troll, or bring down DM.

I understand, thank you for voicing your opinion. We really do appreciate it!

Oh S-P3 you say? Check.

And as long as you're here, any comments on this very valid point?

I couldn't quite find the points you were making. Can you please shed some light on it again.

One can hope a cool stamp on a bunch of molds! maybe a stamp that pays homage to one of the original designs?

VlT8nVW.jpg

This would be amazing as a mini stamp on a bunch of molds!

I don't think we'll see that one because it lacks the shield – which is arguably our strongest branding…

No problem! I remembered seeing it on Jussi's instagram long ago and saved it! He posted it as one of the first designs. Would be fun to learn how many discs received this stamp in Europe long ago :)

We tried to do a little research but I couldn't find anything conclusive. We'll have to do some more digging later after the DGWT is going strong!

A P2 is a big bead aviar with no bead, just fyi. So your dream has already come true!

I wish it was that simple! It's very close to what you're describing – unfortunately I can't give away all of our secrets.

Are all 2nd run C CD2's run with the stock stamp? Or are some run with shield stamps or DM store stamp?

At the moment all 2nd run C-CD2s are stock stamp …maybe we should do something special.

I know both first runs and second runs have stock stamps, the mini store stamp were first run, usdgc were first run and I don't recall any runs have the mini shield only (unless thrown in the some mystery boxes?) Right now on site they only have second runs.

There were some first runs with mini shield stamps and micro store stamps.

Thanks. I'm trying to help someone figure out what run they have (we might do a trade). He did say one has a mini shield stamp...not sure if he meant micro store stamp though.

Well we made both for the 1st run. We haven't been able to keep them in stock to do something special with them yet!

So I just ordered a P DD, anyone have any experience with one of these? I'm hoping it seasons like the P PD's do. I have high hopes for this disc :D

The P-LINE PD is one of the fan favorites for sure. Many people have found the G-PD to fly very close to what the P-PD did and actually switched over. (Another product we highly recommend for those looking for P-LINE PD flight).

How would a 1st run C CD2 compare to a fresh pat# shield stamp S PD (low PLH)?

That actually might be close if it's a light weight PD. The 1st run CD2 came out much more stable than we originally intended, the 2nd run is almost identical to the prototypes that people love to throw. It's a great flyer that more than often exceeds expectations of the disc.

Mine is 169 and was very stable at first probably more than the red pat# pd you gave me. But after a couple weeks it's more like a semi seasoned pd that's slower, which I'm assuming is still a good bit more stable than the second runs though I haven't thrown a second run. I took it out of my bag because it wasn't much different than a pd. if they made them in s-line I would revisit the mold.

I'm not entirely sure I agree with this. What weight was your 2nd run C-CD2? I am wondering if it got mixed up in your order?

S Line CD2 would be great.

And S FD2...

Well we've introduced the S-CD2!

We should all form a club :)

Discmaniacs Anonymous?

Here here first agenda on the table... S FD2!

May I ask why you particually think the S-FD2 will be what you're looking for? Or what are you looking for differently from the S-FD2? Would G or P-LINE version be more what you're looking for?

I second the motion

Noted!

Dually noted!

It has been moved and seconded (and thirded) that the question on the adoption of the motion that DiscMania FD2 be run in S-Line plastic. As many as are in favor, say 'Aye'

whoa whoa whoa that escalated quickly! Would there be another version besides the S-FD2 that may work better for what you all are looking for?

And all the stuff he ^^ wants!!!!

Wish list: S CD2, S FD2, S MD, S P1x

Well if you had to pick 1 of those besides the S-CD2 what would it be?

yeah I would like to piggyback a S-CD2 on this motion

Well, it was already in the works when you motioned for this "piggyback" move.

I would like to thank the committee for letting me third the notion so as to make absolutely certain to the powers that be, that we the people....

Nah, who are we kidding, this is gonna turn into a support group real fast.

Nominations for the leader of the "Discmaniacs Anonymous" group?

Hi my name is Mikko and I am a Discmaniac.

You guys are funny!

(In unison): Hi Mikko

Welcome ☺

It's not that I never have good rounds, it just the rounds that are good...I always find myself throwing discmania...OMEGUrD!

Well thank you! We're really trying to make the best products for the players.

Although the speed\slot could make sense, I doubt it would be the Cd3. I don't see a slow driver with turn as something their pros need or will bag and that isn't make it a priority. Then again I have been wrong before so only time will tell.

Almost looks like it has a hard ridge in the flight plate.

Insider information - We thought about the CD3 for the new DDx that is coming, but it was going too far to be a "Control Driver".

But do they need another PD clone? I see what you are saying though.

I feel like I missed something here somewhere?

If it feels a PD but flys like a whppet\max\insert goofy overstable utility disc it would make sense. But I think the call out to the pd was more along the lines of it's flagship status and the fact that it's in alot of pros bags.

p2\md3\fd\pd\pd2 in different flavors and stages of wear is already an extremely well rounded simple bag.

The CD2, Metal Flake FD3, and PDx have been sneaking into bags too!

Would a s-td fly less stable than a c td? I'm still looking for a turnover replacement for my valks.

The S-LINE TD or the TD2 is what you should try to check out. Both around 168-170. Or even the G-TD2

Get a g- line CD-2. It's basically a Valk. Great for hyzer flips.

That may do it too.

Second the G CD2. Great winter disc for me - hyzer flips and comes back. I have a new stamp S TD and I have to throw it flat or slight anny or it's not getting near the turn I want. I'm sure it'll work in over time.

The TD is one of those hidden gems in our lineup. It's more of a Turning Driver for the high arm speed pros like Eagle and Simon but it's a fantastic flyer for almost everyone else!

I love the g-line DD and wishing I didn't buy a black one with a black stamp haha The g-line DD is a flex shot machine and takes little to know effort for distance. This winter in -5 (feels like -25) weather I have had no issues with distance or the plastic getting too ridged. When compared to s-lines it doesn't fade back as hard, but that being said it isn't a "flippy machine" by any means. When thrown flat/hard it has a slight turn but flys like a broken in s-line DD at that point. Outstanding mold! I need to get a few orange ones :)

Wait until it warms up, it's a great flyer!

I know 2nd run fds are flat but is there any other run that's on the flatter side as well? I have some of the lizzotte stamped one's and they have a little more dome than I like.

Not really, most of the FDs have a little bit of a dome – it really makes the disc fly a lot further.

I have a seen a few x-outs without the squiggles sneak out of the DM store. I wonder what it would take to get the squiggle design used again? :D A lot of people I have chatted with love the mini design of the stamp!

We tried to track this die down.. no luck, we'll just have to make something new!

Anyone thrashed an Fd2 to get a 2nd run esque flight? Or do they develop turn before losing fade? Maybe show bit more glide once the new is knockwed off?

Give a lighter weight C-FD2!

I have one that's been in the bag since they first came out that is getting beat to the point of being close to a fresh 2nd run FD. It definitely has more glide than it did when I first started throwing it and it hasn't developed any noticeable turn. It's almost been like a PD, where it's lost more of it's LSS and has less of a pronounced fade, but the HSS has remained mostly unchanged. If anything, it's a lot more workable now than it was at first.

All that said, it's still not a second run FD. I use it mainly as an OS mid-range, or when I need to flex a line around something and rely on it coming back.

Yes, it's a unique disc that does fill the void between the FD and FD3 though. We started out with the 2nd Run C-FD in mind and we would say it's almost a perfect step up from the FD to FD3.

S line I can see beating into something like that, but the cs i imagine would take forever. 2nd runs should not be impossible or stupid expensive to find if you can stomach less than max weight. I quickly built my stack to 5 and that should do.

You guys should try the lighter ones, they are even more overstable.

They don't glide as much, but do lose some fade. I have one that flys very straight and fades much later than expected for and FD2. It still has teebirdish high speed stability. It is increasingly becomming my go to driver, I am finding myself using the PD less and less.

I also have a lighter C Line that does have some high speed turn, but its glide is close to a 2nd run FD.

I would still like a S Line FD2, especially if they come out with a little dome so they are not too beefy to start. Its the release that would make me put in a discmania order. (hopefully some of those blizzard stamped max weight PD2 are left when the time comes ;-)

Thanks for the insight.

I also have one ITB since they came out. No major changes and forehand flex lines I can trust it to fade out. Or force it into anny only with enough angle.

They are pretty useful!

Any chance of a D-line PD? After how well received the DX Thunderbird was, I think a run of PDs in that same stiff plastic would be awesome.

Stiff D-LINE?

Any plans to add full on permanent\small target baskets in the store?

Well, it's a possibility but it would be very expensive to store and ship. We might have to get a little bigger before we go down that path!

What can you tell us about these "8th run" PDs?

They are more overstable almost 1st runs. We have been trying every time to replicate the 1st run but we haven't been able to make it yet. These are however very close!

Omgawsh five 2nd runs?!
I have 4 and I feel like if I never lose the one I'm throwing it would last until the plastic itself degrades. Such tuff discs.
Stockpile overkill.

We have a few guys that have emailed in that have 20+ it's really one of our most highly sought after collectors.

Be pretty easy and sweet if you guys added some stickers on your site, would like to add one on the back of my truck

We had some before but we're out right now. We'll be working on getting more for the summer!

^I have had a couple thrown in my box whenever I have ordered from the factory store.

Right now we're sending out DGWT stickers… It's kind of a big deal for us!

I just picked up some Glow C FD. Please tell me they fly the same as 5th runs.

The should be close!

Salty, no joke I just did around a $200 order and I didn't get any, someone in shipping dropped a watermelon jolly rancher in the box though. :D

That's not like us! Please take a look in the bottom of the box, sometimes they slide under the bits that fold together.

A D-line PD would be nice. I bet they would bomb when new. I also having them in D-line would help with mold minimalism.

What does your bag look like?

I would prefer X-PD rather. No, wait, XPDX! :D

That's an option in the future too!

Will you ever bring back those Lizzotte 2nd run C-line FDs?

Or even just the non-Lizzotte 2nd run C-Line FDs?

I want to buy a stack

The second runs (from my knowledge) is gone. We've made a handful of attempts to make something like it but haven't succeeded yet.

I think anyone who throws FDs would want a stack.

Most people actually like the disc to fly like the flight numbers ;)

You're giving me a disc-boner

Put that away!

Yah. Stock X-P2 and X-P1x. Neither of them are concave.

just waiting for them to hit the store.....

We're working on coordinating a US wide release :)

Is everyone else loving the c line cd2 as much as I am? Even as more of a power thrower, I hardly burn this disc over and it holds incredibly straight lines. Love them. Great compliment to a PD

I believe a lot of people have been finding that to be true!

Yup! I got the first run C-CD2 and it is just amazingly neutral disc even with full power shots. Certainly one of my most used driver on holes ranging from 325-400feet.

Sweet! Thanks for letting us know!

It hits in S line plastic, I'm buying three to start.

Well… it's here!

I asked this in the PD thread, but early on the PPDs were very gummy. Any options for this being a special run of plastic again? The PPDs are hard and stiff and just not the same as the C, S, and G lines

We can give it a try but we can't give any promises.

I just bought 3 p PD from the diacmaniana store and they are the soft gummy PD. My favorite disc. The stiff p line sucks imo

That's awesome we could get you what you were looking for.

I had one of the stiff ones, and it was flat, glideless, and flippy. No thanks.

That's unfortunate. We don't like this. We will work harder on making the best discs.

S-line CD2 live! The prayers have been answered!

YUP!

Don't snatch them all up. I'm waiting for my tax return before I can buy plastic.

We have a few more that we'll release later.

How does a C-CD2 compare to a QOLS? Are they similar discs?

I don't think I can personally help on this. Does anyone else know? The CD2 is probably our most do it all and controllable 9 speed driver that flys way further than most… Kind of like the FD!

Buy now. Pay later. I had no business ordering plastic much less from the US, but I just had to. Thats what Visa is for, right?

Hey now, we don't want you guys putting yourself in a tough spot because of our discs!

The flight numbers on the lower section of the top side of the disc. They are x outs and two of them are bottom stamped with the destroyer stamp! So sick.

And you got that from us? That's very strange.

Also snagged two of those swirly s line cd2! So stoked in those!

How did they look? We have been trying really hard to separate the discs on the level of swirlyness to make sure all of you guys get the most swirly discs out there!

I had promised myself not to order until the S FD2 is a thing...

Well… we don't have it in the cue, you might be waiting a while.

The 8th run PDs were announced on FB today as well. They are saying the most stable since the 1st run...

Correct, not quite all the way there yet, but really close!

So much for the OOP market (at the moment)

Well just the first run stamp alone would keep the value. I don't know if the 1st run PD will ever come down.

Why does Discmania keep releasing things I want? WHY!?

So sorry! Should we slow down?

I got a s line cd2 also. Will hopefully be here early next week.

What did you think?

I don't know! It's even worse than innova releasing things i don't want!

Hey Hey, they're doing some great stuff over there too!

I have a feeling the X Line Will be available Tuesday after the free minis are done. Just going to have to keep ordering stuff over and over!

Not quite yet. But – we're working on it!

Looks like I'll be making 3 separate orders as they release (please be soon) (please snow go away):
X Line P2s
S Line CD2s (production stamps)
S Line DDx

Those are some popular disc (will be in the case of the DDx)

hey discmania, I love how the factory store lists the runs and intricacies of different runs. Ever consider marking the different runs somehow like millenium does?

We thought about it, but we are aiming for the discs to eventually fly the same for every run. In the mean time we're going to do our best to let you all know exactly what you're getting!

Hello, I have been trying to find some non-first run d-line P3's but they seem to be pretty elusive these days. Wondering when there might be a new production? Would love some stiff P plastic also.

We should have some on the Discmania Store!

can we get a Ryan ITB video? text is so boring.

I don't know if I can do that. I'll just let you know instead!

I have the new Lizotte bag and the following discs
- 2x D-P1x for putting
- 1x X-P1x for up shots
- 1x S-P2 for driving and longer putter control shots
- 1x C-P2 for long hyzers (these bring the beef)
- 2x C-MD for controlled midrange shots
- 1x C-MD3 the newest run super firm plastic.
- 1x Glow C-MD3 for overstable midrange shots
- 3x First Run C-FDs (the only old disc I have in my bag) 169, 172, and 175.
- 1x C-FD2 172g for FD shots that I want to guarantee to end fading out but carry straight
- 2x Metal Flake C-FD3 for overstable shots (these have been really popular for Simon and Eagle)
- 1x S-TD (169g) These fly great for long anhyzer shots
- 1x C-CD2 (175g - 2nd run) Straight flyer, I reach for this one a
- 1x C-PD (175g - 8th run)
- 2x Proto S-DDx
- 1x Proto C-DDx
- 2x S-PD2

Not very minimalistic friendly and yes the new Lizotte bag is huge – it's awesome when we have to go test all of the new stuff when I can carry them all and make sure we're making a good product!

Thank you all again for supporting our Company! We love our fans - You are the reason we do what we do!

I have the new Lizotte bag and the following discs
- 2x D-P1x for putting
- 1x X-P1x for up shots
- 1x S-P2 for driving and longer putter control shots
- 1x C-P2 for long hyzers (these bring the beef)
- 2x C-MD for controlled midrange shots
- 1x C-MD3 the newest run super firm plastic.
- 1x Glow C-MD3 for overstable midrange shots
- 3x First Run C-FDs (the only old disc I have in my bag) 169, 172, and 175.
- 1x C-FD2 172g for FD shots that I want to guarantee to end fading out but carry straight
- 2x Metal Flake C-FD3 for overstable shots (these have been really popular for Simon and Eagle)
- 1x S-TD (169g) These fly great for long anhyzer shots
- 1x C-CD2 (175g - 2nd run) Straight flyer, I reach for this one a
- 1x C-PD (175g - 8th run)
- 2x Proto S-DDx
- 1x Proto C-DDx
- 2x S-PD2

Wish list: S CD2, S FD2, S MD, S P1x
Well if you had to pick 1 of those besides the S-CD2 what would it be?

Sounds like the DDx is ready...:) Glad there's an S Line early. I just can't stand C Line when it's hardly ever over 70 degrees here... but that's not your fault :(

Off that wishlist now that S CD2 is live, I'd go with S P1x, for me and speaking for others :hfive:

They all have Innova twins (SFD2/StarTB)(SMD/SMK3) but the P1x is unique. It's sooo straight start to finish, and the perfect 1-2 punch with an SP2 for any upshot you'd need.

The S P1 for me just isn't the same. So for now i'll just be cycling through D P1x for upshots.

To answer your question about the S FD2 - G and P Line would be too soft (IMO), but I could see a G Line working well. I would want it to be less LSS than the max weight C Lines and just as HSS.

But wait, you said lighter C FD2s are close to 2nd run C FDs? How light are we talking?

Hmm.. Unless I am missing something, I do not see any Non-First Run D-Line P3s on the store website. :\

Great job! Nice to see the DDx getting love in your bag too (although you did not specify for what kind of shots, max D I guess?), and it is super nice that it is coming out in 2 plastics to begin with.

Anyone know how much dome the premium plastic P2s mold up? I'm sure the SLine is fine, but what about the Cline?

Status
Not open for further replies.