• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] One disc that every player should try at least once.

Rattler or any lids. Learn some touch you torque monkeys.

100% agree with players should have at least one flippy approach disc. I use a Sol instead of a lid. Trying to throw a straight shot from 100-200 feet from a standstill is hard without a touchy disc. Heck the world distance thrower bags a Sonic.

100% agree with players should have at least one flippy approach disc. I use a Sol instead of a lid. Trying to throw a straight shot from 100-200 feet from a standstill is hard without a touchy disc. Heck the world distance thrower bags a Sonic.

Does the Sol do that well on lower speed throws?

Didn't comb through all the replies so this may have already been said:

Groove :)

Everyone hates on it but I bet a small percentage of the haters have never thrown it (me included). Probably the most hated/least thrown disc out there.

I will never throw it, the two Grove I picked up in Champion at a store in 2014 had different sized groves as if they had the correct grove on one and the other was really wide almost could fit a Stingray wing in the groove and looked like an F2 mistake with all the flashing on the disc and flashing in the grove. No the Grove is the worst disc besides the Star Shark as the most variation to the mold, Star Shark it is the plastic that varies from super flashing to regular Shark shape in star and then some that should have been F2 discs due to being almost G-Star but without the G-Star grip and some even a mistake spot on the rim. However from what I can tell the Star Shark most fly the same flight even the oops discs do for the most part as opposed to what I have seen in video online with the Champion Grove being way different from disc to disc with the flight.

Does the Sol do that well on lower speed throws?

For me it does. I have a natural slight hyzer release. If I'm 100' and in I'll throw it flat right at the basket if there's no wind. Outside of 100' up to 200' I'll put a baby hyzer to flip it to flat and go straight. The disc has a ton of glide so you really don't have to put a lot of speed on it to go far in a stand still. It's also a great forehand disc that will hold an anny like no other. Great for get out of trouble shots in the woods. I hardly ever throw it off the tee unless it's a short technical hole. It's very easy to turn and burn this disc if you throw it too hard. But for a approach disc it's fantastic I throw it any chance I can.

Berg. I got one a month or so ago and it has quickly become my favorite approach disc. I can't throw it much over 200 feet but man it is perfect for that, bogth backhand and forehand. Sits down when it lands and has no glide so easy to range; what you put into it is what you get.

Lots of votes for the Comet and I agree. My bag will never be without one or two, currently two, an ESP and a Elite X.