• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One-Fitty Class drivers

150 class discs in my mind are completely useless besides for extremely under powered players. i only use 170+ because anything esle i will turn over right away. i used to have a 150 champ valk but i turned it over in two seconds.

150 class discs in my mind are completely useless besides for extremely under powered players. i only use 170+ because anything esle i will turn over right away. i used to have a 150 champ valk but i turned it over in two seconds.

You have no control on how hard you throw? Your high fives must suck, and giving your girl a little pat on the butt is impossible unless you want her bursting into tears I suppose. You're a frickin' beast my friend, someday the history books will record your power and awesomeness.

I had a 150 Flick that worked really well. I usually don't have much discraft but I really miss that disc. I left it in a field one day. =/

150 Surge and 150 Beast. I have two 150 Surges. They just fly so dang straight.

Try the 150 Flick. It's stability goes down to 2.0 from the heavier models but it can still fight a slight wind despite it's weight. Very predictable driver and goes about as far, if not farther on some throws, than my other drivers

You have no control on how hard you throw? Your high fives must suck, and giving your girl a little pat on the butt is impossible unless you want her bursting into tears I suppose. You're a frickin' beast my friend, someday the history books will record your power and awesomeness.

It's Chuck Norris man. You know he has control, it's just on an entirely higher level than the rest of us mortals.

I feel the 150 class helps with finesse, some times you just don't need a full power drive, and for me the 150's are a lot easier to get to work with less power. I must admit I don't have the strongest arm.

Sidewinder

150gm '08 USDGC sidewinder
USDGCdxsidewinder.jpg

Love this disc!

How do you throw the 130 Boss? I've tried throwing some ultralights and I think I put too much snap on it to get them to work

Its tough to really get down. I through rhfh and use alot of hyzer to get it to do anything. releasing it flat, for me, just sends it into a anhyzer and just goes nowhere. But when I get it just right, Its goes and just dosent stop. Not an everyday disc for me, I still have alot of work to do with it. Also it is COMPLETLY useless when there is any kind of wind blowing.

My brother can throw a 155 Boss R pro really well. He has only played like 10-12 times. He is at the 300 mark with it. Nothing great but for a beginner.... that is pretty good. I throw forehand and is a good roller for me, but thats about all I could use it for.

light Viking

One of the first discs I started with was a 149g dx Viking. I quickly overpowered it trying to throw far and would quickly turn it over despite heavy amounts of hyzer. After reading this thread, I will pull it out and try with a littler touch on it and see what it does for me.

Latest posts