• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One leg drill, stupid question.

RoDeO, I would like to introduce you to RoDeO.

How can you give advice when your way doesn't do it better?

Hint: I don't critique the mechanics of those who throw farther and are better than me.

Uhm? Yes you do. Again and again.

Yeah, the majority of the top 10 disc golf pros do not throw like that. The top two- Mcbeth and Heimberg don't throw like that.

I don't think Feldberg does a very good job of explaining the throw. What he says and what he does are 2 different things. He thinks his hips are counter rotating into release. But in fact, they rotate around just like he says not to- calls it rounding.

Well, whether you think you do or not, the only way you will ever throw like every pro player, is to get the hip rotation initiated before strong brace (full weight shift) because that's what every pro does. I started throwing RHBH and I swore I was using my hips. I found out after I started LHBH that I was never using my hips, it was all arm. It's funny now that my right arm is healed that I use it for my layup shots within 250 feet and just basically strong arm the disc. I try to use my hips more on the right but in general it's all arm. Throwing LHBH is super easy and the discs fly really easy. I can actually feel my hips and torso torquing the shoulder and arm and whipping it. You can get to where you can feel that torque loading up from hip rotation as you pull the disc into the power pocket before the shoulders rotate the disc into release.

Etc.. etc...

You seriously can't be so indenial. The proof is for everyone to see you're not convinving anyone.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

And yet no one has brought forth any evidence. Sure, I have been critical of what a person "says" they may or may not be doing or what a person should or should not be doing but I have never been critical of a person's actual throwing mechanics who is better than me.

So, if you can find evidence where I'm breaking down a pro or person who is better than me and telling them what they are doing wrong in their actual throwing mechanics then we can discuss. Otherwise it's a classic case of you guys misrepresenting me and trolling.

Sure, I have been critical of what a person "says" they may or may not be doing or what a person should or should not be doing...

The problem is you have not proven that you have authority to be critical. You don't know what you don't know; it's been very evident in your posts. You seem to have delusions of grandeur about your ability to divine with your eyes what pros and others are doing during a backhand throw. When more knowledgeable people try to get you to understand that your not seeing the picture correctly, you double down on your misinformed hypothesis.

And in terms of your claim of not providing any evidence, you have not either. When you can prove, by way of film evidence, that your method is better than the norm, and distill, explain, and film tutorials--like Sidewinder, or HUB, for example, then maybe people will take you seriously. You have not produced anything educational to others.

Or, if you can't do that, then at least act as an adult student of the sport here, not a bratty teenager in junior high school.

Have you ever read any of the other threads in the Critique My Form section? 100% to a person, except you, thank the folks taking their time to give them help. You invariably say something to the effect of: "I don't agree with the advice you're giving"

Do you see why people are ragging on you? People here want to help you, but how many slaps in the face do you think they will take before they won't.

Last edited:
And yet no one has brought forth any evidence. Sure, I have been critical of what a person "says" they may or may not be doing or what a person should or should not be doing but I have never been critical of a person's actual throwing mechanics who is better than me.

So, if you can find evidence where I'm breaking down a pro or person who is better than me and telling them what they are doing wrong in their actual throwing mechanics then we can discuss. Otherwise it's a classic case of you guys misrepresenting me and trolling.

You do though. You regularly comment that pros just don't understand what they are doing when they talk about the swing, and that you can divine from videos that they are in fact throwing like you say you throw. Because, of course, you are able to accurately describe the feelings during the motion.

Last edited:
The problem is you have not proven that you have authority to be critical. You don't know what you don't know; it's been very evident in your posts. You seem to have delusions of grandeur about your ability to divine with your eyes what pros and others are doing during a backhand throw. When more knowledgeable people try to get you to understand that your not seeing the picture correctly, you double down on your misinformed hypothesis.

And in terms of your claim of not providing any evidence, you have not either. When you can prove, by way of film evidence, that your method is better than the norm, and distill, explain, and film tutorials--like Sidewinder, or HUB, for example, then maybe people will take you seriously. You have not produced anything educational to others.

Or, if you can't do that, then at least act as an adult student of the sport here, not a bratty teenager in junior high school.

Have you ever read any of the other threads in the Critique My Form section? 100% to a person, except you, thank the folks taking their time to give them help. You invariably say something to the effect of: "I don't agree with the advice you're giving"

Do you see why people are ragging on you? People here want to help you, but how many slaps in the face do you think they will take before they won't.

Sounds like you are trying to fish up some confrontation. They call that trolling.

You do though. You regularly comment that pros just don't understand what they are doing when they talk about the swing, and that you can divine from videos that they are in fact throwing like you say you throw. Because, of course, you are able to accurately describe the feelings during the motion.

ttrolling.the video evidence speaks for itself. All one has to do is open their eyes. But never have I critiqued the pros on their actual mechanics. I've paid them nothing but compliments in how they actually throw.

even in trying to construct a safe little box for yourself there, you're still full of it.

you think you're allow to say that people who are demonstrably better than you don't know what they're talking about regarding proper mechanics. that includes Feldberg, sw22, and anyone who doesn't believe your little theories about throwing. but anyone who calls you out needs to prove that they can throw farther than you if they're allowed to have an opinion.

you need to grow up, be a man, and learn something about modesty and hubris.

Sounds like you are trying to fish up some confrontation. They call that trolling.

You got that from my post? Hahahaha, man you are hopeless. You can lead a horse to water...

ttrolling.the video evidence speaks for itself. All one has to do is open their eyes. But never have I critiqued the pros on their actual mechanics. I've paid them nothing but compliments in how they actually throw.
If you have advice to share, please just leave it at that. There are various (and sometimes conflicting) techniques where some may work better than others depending on the person.

Just so everyone knows, there is an ignore list feature on this site.

Also, fires die without oxygen.

Discussion of OLD begins around 4:40 mark. Also, good demo of shoulder turn at 7:15.