• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ongoing In The Bag

Played one of the best rounds of the year over the weekend. 246 Udisc rating and -10. Playing a 2-day tournament at the same course this weekend and playing the same layout for the first round. If I can score close to as well as I did it should be a really solid start. Threw the Crave a ton and it was flying great as well as the Bobcats. Went back to the Medium Pixels I had been using since they dropped and almost instantly started making more putts. I like the feel of the Firms but for some reason I just don't get the same pop out of the hand. Meds will be staying in the bag. Lots of FH shots and I just don't FH PDs well so the Wraths will be going back in. Really happy with the Firebirds and Destroyers being back in as well.

Hope to play solid this weekend after less-than-ideal rated rounds as of late. -5 to -10 should be a good score for the weekend. As long as I get off the tee clean I should be able to score well.

Pixels
Berg
Pitch
Nocturnal Bullet
Zones

MD1
Bobcats

Craves
Wraths
Firebirds

Destroyers

Getting a little annoyed with these same after tournament posts.

First round went ok. There were 4 par 4 temp holes put in place and 2 were challenging with OB. Took a 7 on the first temp hole and had a clean slate other than that. Shot 20 points over my rating for a good start. Second round put up a 6 on the same hole. Survived would be the best way to describe my second round. Shot 20 points below my rating but finished tied for second going into the second day and final round. Final round had moments of positive play, but hit early too many times, took an 8 on the temp hole that got me all weekend, struggled on the green, and finished tied 4th. Had a really solid chance to get my second win of the year and couldn't close it out. 20 points under my rating for the event and not the result I wanted but it was the one I earned.

Bobcats, Destroyers, and Firebirds/FD3s were flying well. My S/DS has lost its stubborn LSS, which was a little surprising, but it has become a distance bomber. Didn't throw the Wrath once. Upshots with the Pitch were really good and led to lots of drop ins. Struggled with the Berg and Zones FH, which was odd. Craves were ok but missed too many lines. Made a handful of good putts but missed far too many. Walked up to putts without the proper mindset and it showed. Need to spend more time with the practice basket. Next tournament is in 2 weeks and need to ramp up putting practice to boost the confidence.

Feel like I'm missing something in the speed 9 range. Threw PDs for a long time but after losing my well-seasoned ones I moved on. Have a seasoned CG FD3 that covers the PD slot and Firebirds to cover OS 9 speeds. Thinking I many revisit OLFs as I have a bunch and they should be close to what I'm looking for.

Played a decent league round to try and prep for the tournament this weekend. Shot pretty much to my rating. Hit trees early on a couple of holes and dinked 2 putts that I would have wanted back. Dropped the Soft Royal Bullets in the bag. Made some really nice C1x and circles edge putts. Bullets might just be kicking the Pixels out for now.

Put a couple of my 1.1 SOFs in the bag. Really nice and easy to control the angles on and give me 20 or 30 ft on my Craves with similar lines. Great drivers for tunnel shots and flip ups in the woods. Pushing them 350-400' and they just want to flip up and carry straight with the slightest fade.

Beat Putter Line Zone is kicking the Berg out of the bag. I still feel more confident with the Berg for straight touch FH, but I'm confident I can do the same things with that Zone. I need to drop in a fresh Putter Line for practice rounds and start beating in a backup.

Soft Bullet x3
Nocturnal Bullet
Stock Glitch
Beat Putter Line Zone
Seasoned Z Zone
OG Glo Zone

Beat Royal Bobcat
Fresh Royal Bobcat
Seasoned Eternal Bobcat
Nocturnal Bobcat

Seasoned Neutron Crave
Eclipse Crave

Beat 1.2 SOLF
Seasoned 1.2 SOLF
Seasoned 1.1 SOF
Fresh 1.1 SOF
Seasoned CG FD3
Fresh CG FD3
Champ FB
FAF FB

Beat Ricky Star Destroyer
Seasoned AJ Destroyer
Seasoned '21 Calvin Halo
Seasoned Stock Halo Destroyer

Laying it all out there that is a lot of drivers. The OLFs are heavy because I'm throwing multiples in practice. The FD3s and FBs are primarily FH disc. I could probably drop the beat Ricky DS and not miss it with the OLFs in the woods but the DS does better on open courses on distance lines since it will come back a little at the end. I don't really throw the Nocturnal Bobcat much and it is very OS and mostly use the fresh Royal for the OS mid. There are a couple of holes that the Zone is a little short and the FB is too much that the Nocturnal 'cat is perfect for so it stays around.

Tournament went ok. One of my buddies went on a tear and got the win. Started raining on the last hole of the first round and dumped the second round and was very humid. Weather cleared but there was flooding on the course and everyone was drenched. Played ok. Didn't get a couple holes I would have liked but threw the discs well for the most part. Only had 2 bogies over both rounds and didn't lose any strokes to OB so that is an improvement. Was 4 strokes back and in 2nd going into the second round and ended in 4th in a MA2 field of about 20 and 5 strokes out of first. Ended up going long on some holes that I did not expect so distance is improving for sure. Putting did not hurt me, but it didn't bail me out. Made the putts I should have and really only missed 1 I felt I should have made. Solid take aways from the weekend and I am fine with how I finished.

Bullets
Glitch
Zones

Bobcats

Craves
OLFs
Firebirds/ FD3s

Destroyers