• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Opposite of the Ice Bowl tournament Idea

Would you play in an event like this?

• Sure sounds fun

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Maybe if it was done right

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Probably not

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • No way sounds stupid

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
As for me I'm trying to pick a route that day that has me playing 6 18 hole courses in one day with some of my disc golf buddies.
1. Plan your route in advance.
2. Aim for an east to west route to maximize daylight.
3. Do it on a weekday (as opposed to a weekend) if you can swing it.
4. Hit notoriously busy courses at off peak hours.
5. Minimize drive time between courses so you have more time to play.
6. Have all food, water and other supplies packed the night before.
7. Get a good night's sleep the night before.
8. Realize that some of the things in this list might be at odds with others.
9. Try to document your experience (photos, video, scorecards, live tweets, etc.), so you can share it with others and perhaps encourage them to do something similar, or join you next year. If you do want to envision an event one day, that's how you plant the seed.

I think trying to play the most unique holes during daylight is a cool idea. Doing that on the longest day of the year is NOT during the middle of summer, it is around the first day of summer. Around here it doesn't get extremely hot usually until about mid-July. Not saying it wouldn't be a freak 95+ degrees that day, just that the odds of that are lower than they would be a month later.

Northerners would have an advantage as they get more daylight, as would anyone in an area with a bunch of courses.

Latest posts