• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Opto Fuse - Vid!

Ripper

Double Eagle Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBjJqUhguHE - Man forgot how to embed but shot some vid at Idlewild today and figured i'd show Holes 6,7,9 at Idlewild while throwing the Goldline Fuse. Love this thing. Just looking through my vids and figured i'd compile them. Getting some pretty good distance on a Hyzer Flip I was getting more than 50 feet farther than my Z Comet that this thing has replaced. Suggest buffering out and viewing 720p!

Sorry meant Hole 7, 8, and 9. My fault and Goldline Fuse Doh! Wow, sorry been outside all day and been painting :).

Dang...nice lines. I really wanna try one. I haven't tried any lat64 mid ranges yet.

This is the only one that I have tried and i highly suggest it. It floats but doesn't seem to stall out like most other Stable to Understable discs that I have tried. Really just a little arm and allot of snap and this thing just goes. It's such a different type of disc even compared to the Comet. The thing will just loft and float and seems to be able to even take more snap from your wrist then a comet. Usually a skeptic to most new discs but for these tight woods shots I have supreme confidance in being able to put this thing were I want. Hole 9 is a tight shot and think around 230 feet or so. Haven't missed a birdie on it in weeks and probably easy 80 - 90 % of putting it within 20 feet.

Yea, if you really want to try one of their mids, get a fuse. The core is nice, but hasn't replaced my buzzz (yet). Only had my fuse a week and its great, and I don't know what you'd compare it to.

I really need to try one of these and keep putting it off.

You throwing it about the same way you threw your Comet?

I really need to try one of these and keep putting it off.

You throwing it about the same way you threw your Comet?

Yeah almost exactly, only with more snap. Seems a touch more stable but not much more than a Comet. Played at Boone Woods and on hole 1 usually release at about a 30 degree angle and Hyzer Flip it to flat. It will go dead straight and land flat to a maybe a little bit of a fade. Can put more snap into it than the Comet, and definatly has allot more glide.

It's a great disc and it beats the Comet on higher powered throws and is more forgiving of improper form. However I need the low speed performance of the Comet and my form is pretty clean. I'll probably trade my Fuses off.

Its hard to track the disc if this video. Actually nearly all disc golf videos.

Ive been using an opto fuse for forehand shots, I was surprised how much snap it can handle.

Its hard to track the disc if this video. Actually nearly all disc golf videos.

Would try it in 720p - then let it buffer then watch it. You can see most of it. This vid is shot actually on a gopro camera that I use for Scuba Diving! I have a vid of all of idlewild holes i'm making now and will upload to vimeo in 1080p so hopefully the discs can be tracked a little better.

Really nice video, it's a little hard to track the disc on hole 7, but 8 and 9 are pretty clear. 1080p will look fantastic. Looking forward to your other Idlewild vids!

I'm a Buzzz/Comet thrower who just picked up a 177 Gold Line Fuse. I'd say that it's an exact blend between my Z Buzzz and my Z Comet. I can hyzer flip it up to flat. Release it flat, and it'll turn and hold it without diving. I've also used it on a couple low-powered shots, where I'm throwing from a funny position after finding the woods off the tee, and it's a great disc for that as well. Released flat with a little fan grip, and it goes dead straight.

Actually, the disc reminds me most of the River. It's a lot like a midrange version of the River.

It's not quite flippy enough to fill my Comet's spot in the bag...yet. I'm actually carrying both.