• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Overstable Putter Advice

Amazing

Par Member
I am looking for a good wind fighter in premium plastic. Something with a low profile and a very small or no bead is preferred. Suggestions?

Zone. If you want premium, I like Ti or ESP. They're probably great in any plastic, including D or more fancy limited edition stuff. Yup, low profile goodness.

Last edited:
Envy, stands up to wind well but still flys more straight than left. Low profile with a bead so small you won't really notice it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Prodigy Pa1. It is a very workable kind of overstable. Eats up the wind, low profile and no bead. Great premium plastic offerings with 400 and 750. I keep a 750 for driving off the tee and upshots and putt with the Pa1 in 350g.

Others are recommending the Zone and it is a great disc but I wouldn't classify it as a putter. It's very much a tweener mold that fits a utility slot more than a putter. I never felt comfortable putting with it because it immediately wanted to pull left out of my hand. Just couldn't work it without a lot of effort. Great for short FH's though.

Ti is not super grippy, but durable and firm enough for my liking. But if you're getting a Zone, it's probably safe to start with ESP. I've never seen an FLX Zone.

I definitely pull out my Zone for windy putts and have good results. But yes, its strength is approaches, and it feels great forehand.

Last edited:
I too was using the S P2 for a while but had some trouble with clean releasing while driving since it is a little deeper. Now I'm throwing a Rhyno and it's been amazing so far. Super low profile and comes out clean everytime. You can go champ if you want premium but I've just been using DX. Even though it's not premium the Rhyno starts out quite a bit more overstable then the S P2 and even in beat DX it's still more stable.

Ti is not super grippy, but durable and firm enough for my liking. But if you're getting a Zone, it's probably safe to start with ESP. I've never seen an FLX Zone.

I definitely pull out my Zone for windy putts and have good results. But yes, its strength is approaches, and it feels great forehand.

I am looking for an approach disc. I should have added that in my original post.

The flx zones that I'm seeing are on eBay in the ti and z plastics.

Prodigy Pa1. It is a very workable kind of overstable. Eats up the wind, low profile and no bead. Great premium plastic offerings with 400 and 750. I keep a 750 for driving off the tee and upshots and putt with the Pa1 in 350g.

Others are recommending the Zone and it is a great disc but I wouldn't classify it as a putter. It's very much a tweener mold that fits a utility slot more than a putter. I never felt comfortable putting with it because it immediately wanted to pull left out of my hand. Just couldn't work it without a lot of effort. Great for short FH's though.[/QUOTE OTE]

I should have mentioned that I'm looking for an approach putter and not a putting putter. The pa1 sounds very interesting though. I've never thrown a prodigy disc but I'd like to. I'll do some more research on this one for sure. Thanks for the suggestion.

Harp and Zone are great but not super low profile. An Envy doesn't fade a lot but won't turn either and is pretty low profile.

Zone is an awesome, reliable over stable putter/utility. It is very low profile. Feels more like a mid, though, with a small diameter and no bead. The harp has a more putter feel, I'd say, but is close to a tweener also. The envy probably won't be as over stable but has excellent HSS, also, IMO, feels the deepest out of the three listed. I've thrown and own all three. I currently use the zone in this place!

Zone is an awesome, reliable over stable putter/utility. It is very low profile. Feels more like a mid, though, with a small diameter and no bead. The harp has a more putter feel, I'd say, but is close to a tweener also. The envy probably won't be as over stable but has excellent HSS, also, IMO, feels the deepest out of the three listed. I've thrown and own all three. I currently use the zone in this place!

What plastic would you recommend for the zone? Also, is the harp a deep putter? Bead or no bead?

Harp is what I ended up with. Medium depth, more shallow than a wizard- and not really a bead, but a small ridge. The sinus is pretty nice too. Very shallow, worked better as an upshot disc than a driving putter for me.