• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Overstable Putter Advice

I carry a Zone. For Zone stuff. But it is REALLY OS. Everyone recommending them knows it. And I doubt anyone carrying a zone doesn't have another slightly OS driving/upshot putter in their bag.

A beefier Envy isn't a bad choice either, but they're much longer and creep on my Rocs

This is the point I was trying to stress. Better to look for a more workable disc that doesn't require so much effort to shape.

I run with Zone, Polecat, McPro Aviar. I only starting using Zones last fall, and I understand my Zone is not the "puddle-top" beef that some refer to. I find mine (Ti is in the bag now, but I also have a 174 ESP) is very workable. I've been playing around with an Envy, and I like it better for backhand tee shots, but it's definitely not as shallow and I haven't got the hang of it for forehands yet.

What would you suggest as a more workable disc that is still shallow and beadless?

Prodigy Pa1. They make it in 300, 350g, 400 and 750 plastics. The 400 and 750 are the super durable, non-putting plastics. Made in 'Murica!

I will chime in that I love Pigs, but they do not meet the original criteria of being in premium plastic (other than the small run of blizzard ones done a few years ago, but those flew like turds to me). However, the Pig is beefy enough that you can throw it for years before it starts to really season, so durability is really not a concern. A big difference I find between something baseline like a Pig and premium plastic options like a Zone or Gator is that you get a lot more skips out of the premium discs whereas my Pigs tend to hit and stick much more (they're not completely skip-less of course but less skippy than a Z Zone). If you like playing a skip on your upshots, then Zones are great, but I think I get closer to the basket more reliably if I'm trying to stick it right there without worrying about a big skip. Of course there are baseline versions of the Zone or Harp or whatever too, but that is something to consider.