• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Ozone Discs (Andro One)

We haven't really heard of any large difference based on the whistle. Its very small air gaps that are causing the noise and from testing they don't seem to have a large impact on overall flight. Thanks for picking up a few from RDG and supporting the faction! The Tyrant and Andro C (One Piece) molds should be completed shortly and are going to be great additions to the line up. Element has just come out with some proto mid-ranges as well so we are starting to build a complete line-up which is really exciting.

Awesome!

Yeah, once my Andros and the proto Element Mids I ordered get here, my bag will be all Faction.

Putters-
Serpents/Scales
Mids-
Proto4s/Proto3s
Fairway/Tweeners-
Andro + and - (Also have a Tyrant proto on the way because JCass is the man!)
Control-
Raptors

Love that there are smaller, customer service oriented companies getting into the market. Plus, I love craft beers... So I figure my taste in discs should be the same.

In the short term we are going to create a conventional Andro with no inserts and anyone who ordered a current Andro will receive a conventional Andro free. We appreciate you guys trying our technology and we are excited for what the future holds. Thanks for your support we will continue to keep you updated on our progress with the updates to the mold.

Is that online orders, or does that include Kickstarter backers too?

Now THAT rules

Ozone is doing things right. Keep up the good work guys.

I'm getting closer and closer to smashing an Andro ace. They just rip out of my hands!

Appreciate it! Got my first Andro ace last Saturday. Right off the tree I was aiming at. ;)

I am REALLY excited about a second disc. Not that I can throw the Andro that I have without wicked fade, but I'm sure I can clean that up with a flatter release. Thanks for being awesome!

So I received my + and - Andros yesterday and got out to the course with them today. Threw each one after my "real" tee shot on each hole. So...

My flight ratings-

Andro+ : 6/2/0/3
Andro- : 6/2.5/-.5/2.5

Thoughts:
• Very unique speed. Definitely more of a fairway than a mid, but despite the slower speed, you really have to get on these discs to get anything out of them. They get really dumpy when you back off (which can be good for covering OS mid shots).
• Virtually no glide to speak of. These discs moved based on the speed you put on them alone. Has the nice side effects of making them easy to range and not very susceptible to wind.
• Stable. These discs have great HSS. The + reminds of a baby Champ Teebird and the - reminds me of a baby TL, high speed stability wise.
• Fade. Regardless of headwind or how much you get on these things, they are gonna bite at the end. It's a late, hard fade.
• Nose Angle Sensitive. Surprisingly angle sensitive for this speed. Get that nose down or these things will stall and crash on you.

All in all, they were very unique molds that flew well. Not sure where (or if) they fit into my bag, but I'm certainly intrigued enough to keep testing.

So I received my + and - Andros yesterday and got out to the course with them today. Threw each one after my "real" tee shot on each hole. So...

My flight ratings-

Andro+ : 6/2/0/3
Andro- : 6/2.5/-.5/2.5

Thoughts:
• Very unique speed. Definitely more of a fairway than a mid, but despite the slower speed, you really have to get on these discs to get anything out of them. They get really dumpy when you back off (which can be good for covering OS mid shots).
• Virtually no glide to speak of. These discs moved based on the speed you put on them alone. Has the nice side effects of making them easy to range and not very susceptible to wind.
• Stable. These discs have great HSS. The + reminds of a baby Champ Teebird and the - reminds me of a baby TL, high speed stability wise.
• Fade. Regardless of headwind or how much you get on these things, they are gonna bite at the end. It's a late, hard fade.
• Nose Angle Sensitive. Surprisingly angle sensitive for this speed. Get that nose down or these things will stall and crash on you.

All in all, they were very unique molds that flew well. Not sure where (or if) they fit into my bag, but I'm certainly intrigued enough to keep testing.

Thanks for picking up a pair and providing a comprehensive honest review! We always appreciate any feedback we can get.

Had these out some again this weekend, and man they are fast. The give some very good flights, I find them to be a hair more accurate then some of my gazelle throws in super tight woods. They go well in a small bag for tight wooded courses that you don't ever really need a driver, but you'd like something a bit longer than your roc.

I should have a new Andro proto by the end of the week.
Ozone filled the exterior cavity on the wing for produce an almost conventional mold. The inner rim is currently filled with the light weight insert to provide that extra dose of weight distribution.

The other thing that I'm excited about for this new run is that they're 175g. Hello GO TO tweener!

Production worthy samples of the Ozone Andro C and and the RDG tyrant will ship out from our factory by this weekend. Really looking forward to testing these out and finally getting a production run going. For a stamp we have gone with a large simple stamp shown below. (Disc shown is an RDG tyrant not a completed Andro C, We have not received images of the completed Andro C's yet I am hoping we get them today. Also discs are not yet PDGA approved, as soon as we get the completed samples we will send them out for approval.)

b7xABNv

Attachments

• AndroC.jpg
    AndroC.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Dig the stamp. Looking forward to both of these discs coming in. The more I throw my andros the more I like them.

Andro C final sample

Finally got some pictures of the completed Andro C samples. They are on their way to us for final testing.

Attachments

• disc with logo_1.jpg
    disc with logo_1.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 15
  • side view_1.jpg
    side view_1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 26
Very much looking forward to getting my hands on this.

Thanks! We will post some testing videos as soon as they get to us. Well probably send Jamie one to toss around too so you might be able to get an early look.

Thanks! We will post some testing videos as soon as they get to us. Well probably send Jamie one to toss around too so you might be able to get an early look.

Sent you a PM before I saw this, but sounds good. Good timing weather wise too, the Andro + and - are just starting to get a hair too soft on the few days where we have been really warm. Although their tack has proved handy when wet.