• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce is in a class all by herself

She averaged a 974 at Iron Hill and 955 at Brandywine. What she really excels at is the open courses with roped OB. She has controlled power.

Paige won the USWDGC running away last year, and the IDGC courses hardly qualify as open.

She's clearly the best female player in the game right now, no matter what the course.

Some of her drives in the final round of the GBO where just out of this world for a female. Her drive on hole 6 comes to mind, she purposely skipped it off the road and it was 450ish at least. You'll see what I'm talking about on the McFly video coverage. Hole 8 she crushed it and her re-tee on hole 9 landed behind the basket by a good 20' which puts it at 450'ish. I doubt any female pro could out drive her from what we were watching.

If memory serves, two years ago at the BHMO final 9, she was the only one among the men and women to deuce the dam shot.

If memory serves, two years ago at the BHMO final 9, she was the only one among the men and women to deuce the dam shot.

I was there in 2012! I wouldn't of guessed that she would have been the only player to get the birdie!:clap:

Someone needs to mention her form is as good as it gets. What is she 5-4 and 110 pounds? Really enjoyable to watch her throw.

Watched the FPO video posted yesterday with my special lady and spent some time watching for and commenting on differences in their form. I got to say "just look at her hips - wait for it... and... BOOM!" w/no repercussions! :thmbup:

Someone needs to mention her form is as good as it gets. What is she 5-4 and 110 pounds? Really enjoyable to watch her throw.

Yup. Girl has perfect form and throws for a mile. I wish she would have gone for the green of the tee on 18 at the GBO cuz she's the only women in FPO who could hit it. Instead she laid up twice :(

I do think that she has a bit of an advantage with the courses FPO plays tho. FPO is usually on the same courses as MPO, which are frequently too long for the skill sets of the whole FPO field except for Paige. I think if they played more courses that were appropriate for the ladies skillsets some other women would be able to make it more competitive. Paige would still be the best in the field, but I think it would be closer and more compelling to watch. As much as I love watching her play 10 stroke victory laps on the final round are no fun for anyone.

Yup. Girl has perfect form and throws for a mile. I wish she would have gone for the green of the tee on 18 at the GBO cuz she's the only women in FPO who could hit it. Instead she laid up twice :(

I do think that she has a bit of an advantage with the courses FPO plays tho. FPO is usually on the same courses as MPO, which are frequently too long for the skill sets of the whole FPO field except for Paige. I think if they played more courses that were appropriate for the ladies skillsets some other women would be able to make it more competitive. Paige would still be the best in the field, but I think it would be closer and more compelling to watch. As much as I love watching her play 10 stroke victory laps on the final round are no fun for anyone.

No need to dumb down the courses. Much like with The Champ all those years ago, her competitors are going to have to put in the time to improve their game. I look forward to seeing her in the USDGC again this year.

No need to dumb down the courses. Much like with The Champ all those years ago, her competitors are going to have to put in the time to improve their game. I look forward to seeing her in the USDGC again this year.

I agree with the bolded part. She put on a show last year.

Dumbing down courses has nothing to do with it. What's dumb is having FPO play extremely open par threes over 400 feet when nobody has a shot to get there except Paige, and even she has to get a little lucky. I didn't say make them easier, I said make them more appropriate for their skill level. WAY too many Not A Golf Shot 100 ft upshots and tap in par frames in FPO.

There's the answer.

Women's sports lag behind men's. Eventually more women will play, tour, improve, and evolve and there will be more competition. Shorter courses are not the answer. Give it time.

Page is awesome! But, I wouldn't say she is in a class by herself until she is winning NTs like she did this one more consistently. At least as much as Paul is anyway ;)

Yall's reading comprehension skills are terrible.

You want shorter holes to match their "skill set". I say just give it time and more women will be crushing it. Paige is the best. She can crush it and that is an advantage for her. I see no issues.

Her distance should give her birdie looks. But there are ways to make the rest of the field play golf shots. Like a bunker/hazard area in front of the green.

You want shorter holes to match their "skill set". I say just give it time and more women will be crushing it. Paige is the best. She can crush it and that is an advantage for her. I see no issues.

That's what I don't get about his point. Paige wouldn't have pushed herself to the distance she has now if she never needed it.

Latest posts