• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Parks & Rec wants to know what the preferred DG basket is

Favorite Disc Golf Basket

• Total voters
They told me they are looking at DISCatcher Pros and DGA Mach V and asked if I had any feedback on those or others. Each hole will be sponsored at $500 each so I believe they can afford it.

I would definitely go with DGA between those two options. Nothing against the Discatchers. I just think they start looking nasty faster than the others.

If money is not a problem I would go with the Arroyo Vortex...be the first one on the block to have these bad boys tested in all kinds of weather...plus they have the best chain configuration of any basket on the market...can't go wrong.

You can't beat the Discatcher's visibility, but I like the sound of the Vortex and how everything "sharp" is smoothed or hidden so that discs aren't messed up by it. It's also cool how you can get them in GLOW versions :D The chains look amazing, too. Mach V's catch really nice, though.

They told me they are looking at DISCatcher Pros and DGA Mach V and asked if I had any feedback on those or others. Each hole will be sponsored at $500 each so I believe they can afford it.

If there are any wooded holes, the discatchers make a huge difference on how visible the basket is. Otherwise, they both catch great and hold up well.

You're in luck! It's going up in Liberty, MO.

http://kcfdc.org/forum/index.php?topic=8712.0

YESSSSSS! That's the best news I've gotten in at least 72 hours. I wanna help!

Wife and I are flying to Cancun later in the week and found out we're going to be able to climb to the top of Chichen Itza, which tourists aren't usually able to do..... so that's awesome news on top of awesome news.

Win!

Titan is my favorite.

Pros - Lots of chains, extremely durable construction
Cons - Dave might only sell them to you if he gets to design the course

i like discatchers for the band. easy to spot.

mach v for catching ability. and the sound. loves it.

Visibility is the key with discatchers. Putted on the Vortex at "Throw Down The Mountain" didn't appreciate it. Thought hard and soft putts might bounce back off the x inner chains and they seemed to deflect discs left and right more...

Chances are if it's a Parks and Recretaion Department, they are probably not rolling in $$$. I'd look into discatchers and chainstars, the two "big guys" might be able to work out a sweet deal for a municipality.

^This

Arachnids are freaking awesome catchers. BUT I would say for most folks the Discatcher with it's bright yellow is a nice "warning" for Parks and Rec folks who know NOTHING about disc golf, and are only concerned about safety issues.

Are they finally making the Vortex in sufficient quantities to buy for courses? They weren't available for a while as I recall. I might consider getting the Chainstar so you can could add the number plate right away or even later if it's a hillier course where the extra height helps visibility.

My .02

I have four Innova Pro's from 3 different manufacturing eras. They're real nice and all but they haven't taken the abuse as well as the DGA-made permanant baskets over the years.

The lone MACH III and 3 Chainstar's I have catch discs great and I believe will last the longest for about the same price as Innova's.

I haven't tried the ones from other companies yet so they could be better/worse.

I seem to notice the chains rusting worse on Discatchers more than any other basket. The crown is nice and visible, true, but it also provides a nice surface for sharpie artists to gloat about their 226' ace or that so and so's sister is a whore.

I seem to notice the chains rusting worse on Discatchers more than any other basket. The crown is nice and visible, true, but it also provides a nice surface for sharpie artists to gloat about their 226' ace or that so and so's sister is a whore.

That's fair, but I've found that when the band isn't available, the signs get tagged even more. I would rather have a sharpied up basket than a sharpied up tee sign.

There will never be progress if someone doesn't take the first step. The Arroyo Vortex really seems like a true effort to evolve our baskets for the better, so if they're available and financially feasible option, I would definitely give them a solid consideration. Then again I've never putted on one, so I cannot give a personal recommendation, but they look to be catching great on videos.

A local P&R department wants some feedback on which baskets are the preferred basket of the DG community. A new course will be put in this Spring and they're trying to finalize the plans. DGA III, DGA V, DISCatcher Pro, Gateway, Arroyo? Pros and cons would be great!

You need the monkey trap as an option. Plus Russel Burns AKA "The disc golf monkey" the man who makes these baskets is a Missouri Local. Support the small guy. Did i mention he will powder coat them almost any color you want :D