• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] PD3 - It's Real

Few more rounds with the PD3. It was really windy today, so I used it off more tees than I normally would. Throwing it on the same lines I'd usually throw a Star Max or metal flake Slab, as it's working the same.

No high speed turn, plenty of fade. Brilliant disc. Happy to have a glow max.

Do these have a blunt nose similar to the Max? That's one of the best features of the Max, very comfortable forehand grip plus is an amazing forehand roller disc.

The couple glow Maxes I've had were more on the domey side, but it's looking like these are fairly domey also?

Do these have a blunt nose similar to the Max? That's one of the best features of the Max, very comfortable forehand grip plus is an amazing forehand roller disc.

The couple glow Maxes I've had were more on the domey side, but it's looking like these are fairly domey also?

From what I can tell it's an exact clone of the Max. Mine arrived with a small pop top. The flight plate is soft on this run of Glow C-Line (champ).

PD3:

Max Weight: 174.3gr
Diameter: 21.0cm
Height: 1.7cm
Rim Depth: 1.2cm
Rim Thickness: 2.2cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 16.6cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 5.7%
Rim Configuration: 37.00
Flexibility: 11.59kg

max:

Max Weight: 176.0gr
Diameter: 21.2cm
Height: 1.9cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 16.8cm
Rim Configuration: 34.00
Flexibility: 10.43kg

PD3:

Max:

That is nearly the same disc, because Innova itself will not make a disc lower then 21.1 cm so a few of the dimensions will be different if both molds have a Rim depth and rim thickness if Max is 21.2 cm diameter and PD-3 is 21 cm diameter.

I'm pretty sure this was made for just Eagle. He only bags one Innova disc and that's a max. Smart move by Discmania to make this so their top pro can have a full Discmania bag. Probably will be a nice thumber/ tomahawk disc for everyone else.

Yep so the two top pro players of Discmania can have a full bag. The Max is getting the side boot is my guess as a backup for Eagle's bag or for practice rounds only is the Max used, that is just my guess.

Yep so the two top pro players of Discmania can have a full bag. The Max is getting the side boot is my guess as a backup for Eagle's bag or for practice rounds only is the Max used, that is just my guess.

Only Eagle throws the Max. I doubt Simon will ever bag this disc seriously.

Also the PD3 has been a running meme/joke for years. This likely has a lot more to do with Infinite being allowed to rebrand the Max into the Slab than anything else.

If Eagle lost his Max he would likely need to pick up a slab to replace it and I think that's the only thing Discmania really wanted to avoid.

PD3:

max:

So not quite identical, but very close. Thanks for posting these.

Only Eagle throws the Max. I doubt Simon will ever bag this disc seriously.

Also the PD3 has been a running meme/joke for years. This likely has a lot more to do with Infinite being allowed to rebrand the Max into the Slab than anything else.

If Eagle lost his Max he would likely need to pick up a slab to replace it and I think that's the only thing Discmania really wanted to avoid.

I know that Simon will not bag the disc but to have both top players on Disc Golf team Discmania with Full Discmania bags now. It is nice and great to see a mold revived by two Innova produced discs for two companies as i the Max was really popular with players for skip hoking hyzers, Tomahawk, and thumber/hammer throw.

I know that Simon will not bag the disc but to have both top players on Disc Golf team Discmania with Full Discmania bags now. It is nice and great to see a mold revived by two Innova produced discs for two companies as i the Max was really popular with players for skip hoking hyzers, Tomahawk, and thumber/hammer throw.

I think Hyzer Bomb's Sabot is actually a third max clone.

With the max still technically available, you have four options to pick up this discontinued disc.

I think Hyzer Bomb's Sabot is actually a third max clone.

With the max still technically available, you have four options to pick up this discontinued disc.

It is not made anymore but can still get the Max in Star OOP part of online Innova Disc Golf Pro Shop So you are right. I had seen a Metal Flake Champion Max in the Limited section of the same site but it has since sold out from seeing it last in 2019.

Sabot is same disc nearly only more domed to have more glide. Of course more dome means you need more power initially to get disc going to get the results from the disc.

Hit my first ace with the PD3 today.

315 ft, slightly uphill the whole way, pin about fifty feet right of where the fairway opens up, even higher up the hill.

Threw it forehand. Flat, hard, and low. Skipped at about 300', got a big right flair skip up the hill. Finished in the basket.

Phenomenal disc. I was a Max fan already, and I feel like this is a functional Max clone. Like a longer firebird that hooks hard on sky shot.

Now that it's getting warmer, probably moving the PD3 to the glow bag full time and moving back in the Max for the daytime bag.