• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Board of Director Elections

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no flawed logic. There is no fear. There is no hate. Your posts are truly bizarre. Your lack of support for women disc golfers is pretty sick actually.

This is just patently false. Why do you think FINA did what they did? Fear and hate? How can anyone be this dense and obtuse?

Personally I think the world needs a year long social media break. Everything is so polarizing lately it's ridiculous. Regardless of where anybody stands there are some (on both sides of this debate) in this thread (and every other social media thread) that are constantly putting people down for their opinions and accusing each other of doing the same damn thing they are doing. It seriously is a joke.

Things are so easily misinterpreted through text. I hope most people understand this.

Take some time and actually have conversations with real people face to face and hey some of those people are going to disagree with you. Lashing out behind a keyboard is ridiculous.

If this post has offended you…..good….because you're part of the problem…..

….I'm out…..gonna go play some kickball!

Anyone who has read the Facebook comments on the PDGA posts about Natalie's recent win knows that the vocal minority is largely, intentionally misgendering and vilifying her, or have liked or loved those comments. Anyone on the right-wing side (not to be confused with the right side) of the trans issue who is not doing that, but who is silent as opposed to calling them out and correcting them for it, has little room to complain about being painted with the same brush.

There has to bee some common sense middle ground between blindly accepting everything at all cost and blindly accepting nothing (also at all cost).

Judging from the posts here, not many have found that middle ground. I just hope that the law- and decision makers dont spend too much time on social media.

Congratulations Laura on the re-election. Keep rocking :)

Congratulations Laura! I was hoping this thread would generate some interest in the election process. You delivered in spades. So what now? You're the longest serving current Board member & arguably the most controversial ever. You've made your objectives & priorities clear. Conrad is into his 3rd decade of service. I guess the voters want stability. That seems like a good path to sustainability. Wishing you well.

Thank you for your kind words Roblee!

And thank you, dgcr community, for this thread. It wasn't easy trying to stay focused on the positive and wholesome, but together, as a community, we did.

My thanks go out to the disc golf community at large, I see my being re-elected as the community valueing my platform and what I stand for.
And even more so, I see it as the community choosing actively - in a time when it is so easy to fall into the "if you're not with us, you're against us" trap - to vote for a stronger and more united and more diverse, equitable, and inclusive community.

I never made "longest running" a thing (I was hoping Elaine - who more than outpreforms me there as well, not just on the fairway - would run for re-election as well).

I intend to continue where I left off, and I am looking forward to doing that with and the other current Board members and with Conrad - whom I know from the time they were Rules Committee chair.

So....I have a differing view, so name calling is your default? This seems to be incongruent with your entire premise, of no hate or fear.

Shrug...your utter inability to state a point, issue or opinion, makes conversation very difficult. Your projection, of those promoting inclusion are promoting hate, is illogical and has zero merit. You are more than welcome to keep repeating this. Maybe someone else will provide you with some attention. :\
The point is, you've reduced female to a costume to be worn. It's a slap in the face of all women. Projection? It is to laugh. Nothing you've stated in this thread is true. Not one thing. You keep using words you do not understand. How many times are you going to use point and logic with zero explanation of what you are talking about? Where's the false logic? Right, there is none. You just want to peddle hate here. It's an outlet that allows you to be a hateful bigot, yet feel good about it in some sick way. You should really discuss this with your therapist(s).

I'm not refusing the discuss the issue...I'm refusing to discuss the issue with YOU. You bumped a weeks old post of mine to continue to beat the dead horse that has already been beaten in this thread. I don't trust that you want to discuss anything in good faith and I've had a long and crappy Monday so in case you missed the "buzz off" in my last post...kindly screw off.
I do not read this forum every day. I had no idea this was going on. Nice of you to be selective on who you discuss this with. Also nice to see you say screw off to those you disagree with. I mean, I realize you have a losing position, and I know full well how much it sucks when stuck with one. The reason I don't feel sorry for you, besides the fact that you're being a total jerk, is that you chose this losing position. It wasn't force on you.

The point is, you've reduced female to a costume to be worn. It's a slap in the face of all women. Projection? It is to laugh. Nothing you've stated in this thread is true. Not one thing. You keep using words you do not understand. How many times are you going to use point and logic with zero explanation of what you are talking about? Where's the false logic? Right, there is none. You just want to peddle hate here. It's an outlet that allows you to be a hateful bigot, yet feel good about it in some sick way. You should really discuss this with your therapist(s).

Pure projection. It is not OK to hate and fear those that are different than you and those you don't agree with. You have not posted any cognizant opinion. Self actualization and growth is a personal journey...read a book, find a mentor and seek your path. :thmbup:

No more attention for you.

I do not read this forum every day. I had no idea this was going on. Nice of you to be selective on who you discuss this with. Also nice to see you say screw off to those you disagree with. I mean, I realize you have a losing position, and I know full well how much it sucks when stuck with one. The reason I don't feel sorry for you, besides the fact that you're being a total jerk, is that you chose this losing position. It wasn't force on you.

in-said-good-day-willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory.gif

I only care about women's genitals. Nothing else matters to me. I am absolutely incapable of any measure of nuance that goes beyond looking at the genitals. If you try to point out any other physical structure of the body that is female, I will shut down and start screaming at you.
Okay Bob.

Sure Bob.
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
I only care about women's genitals. Nothing else matters to me. I am absolutely incapable of any measure of nuance that goes beyond looking at the genitals. If you try to point out any other physical structure of the body that is female, I will shut down and start screaming at you.

Okay Bob.

Help me out here Chris. Is the above a quote from PMantle that has been edited or removed? Is it from another thread? Or is it your interpretation of something that you present as a quote? I can't find it in this thread.

Help me out here Chris. Is the above a quote from PMantle that has been edited or removed? Is it from another thread? Or is it your interpretation of something that you present as a quote? I can't find it in this thread.
This person is making things up.

Pure projection. It is not OK to hate and fear those that are different than you and those you don't agree with. You have not posted any cognizant opinion. Self actualization and growth is a personal journey...read a book, find a mentor and seek your path. :thmbup:

No more attention for you.
Projection how? You seems to only communicate in buzzwords that you don't even understand. More points you will refuse to discuss:
-There are certain biological skeleto-muscular differences between men and women that gives a biological male a giant physical performance advantage over females.
-Thousands(maybe more) of years of evolving the female form for reproduction can't be equalized with a few years of hormone therapy.
-Put identical height man and woman beside each other and the male will have longer arms and legs , greater skeletal and muscular mass especially in the upper half, higher % of fast twitch muscles, larger head , shorter torso, narrower pelvis, shallow femur angle ,etc.
-On average men are 5-6" taller than women. Heck I'm a short male at 5'8" which puts me in the 34th percentile for height but I would be in the 95th percentile as a female.

So, you false accuse and refuse to discuss. You take a position that is misogynistic at best, then attempt to wash it by calling others names. Good grief we live in a clown world.

Projection how? You seems to only communicate in buzzwords that you don't even understand. More points you will refuse to discuss:
-There are certain biological skeleto-muscular differences between men and women that gives a biological male a giant physical performance advantage over females.
-Thousands(maybe more) of years of evolving the female form for reproduction can't be equalized with a few years of hormone therapy.
-Put identical height man and woman beside each other and the male will have longer arms and legs , greater skeletal and muscular mass especially in the upper half, higher % of fast twitch muscles, larger head , shorter torso, narrower pelvis, shallow femur angle ,etc.
-On average men are 5-6" taller than women. Heck I'm a short male at 5'8" which puts me in the 34th percentile for height but I would be in the 95th percentile as a female.

So, you false accuse and refuse to discuss. You take a position that is misogynistic at best, then attempt to wash it by calling others names. Good grief we live in a clown world.

In your clown world, if a trans woman is successful, it is because they have an unfair advantage. Ie, no trans woman can be allowed to have athletic success.

Either creatures evolved into their present states over BILLIONS of years or there was some other mechanism at work. Based on the "thousands (maybe more)" bit, it sounds like you don't actually believe creatures evolved and are just using the concept cynically to make a point.

Apologies if I misunderstood.

They are very much my interpretations. PMantle makes things up and attributes them to other people ON A CONSTANT BASIS, he deserves the same treatment.

If an XY karyotype person is born with the gene deletion that renders them fully insensitive to testosterone, they develop exactly as a female except no womb. Smaller stature, typical muscle mass and type, etc. An XX karyotype male often develops fully as a male and many can even father children. Testosterone is the cause of the differences you mention. Y chromosomes don't have genes that code for those things related to physical advantage. It's the testosterone that influences the expression of genes common to both x and Y chromosomes that result in physical advantage. These are scientific facts that don't care about your feelings, or your 8th grade science "facts."

Status
Not open for further replies.